Cheap Arctic Spa Filters

larrys1

Hi again. Just wanted to pass along that we purchased a lot of 6 MF-170 spa filters for our Arctic Summit for $50 + $25 shipping on Ebay from Pooltechmidwest. We were paying $36 each locally. Something to look in to...

Also, we drained and re-filled the tub a couple of months ago and only put 5 lbs of salt which seemed to work for a few days but then dropped bromine level again. I called our dealer for repair and they got a little worked up because she had me give her the ORP reading and then told me I didn't have enough salt in it (The new recommendation is 5.5 to 8 lbs). I told her the ORP reading didn't have anything to do with the salt level. Anyway, long story short is I added another 2 lbs for a total of 7 lbs and the tub has been perfect ever since. I run the Onzen at CP4 which seems to work great for our amount of usage. I tried turning it down to 3 but the level started dropping off again. Turned it back up to 6 just to get it stabilized, then back down to 4 and left it alone. Have not added one capful of shock. It's great!