Taylor K-2006 Replacement Reagents

limulus

A while back, someone gave me a link for replacement reagents at really good prices. I've lost the link and I'm getting low on some. If anyone has a good source, I'd appreciate it.

I have found this vendor to have some of the best prices and reasonable handling charges.

https://asp5.secure-shopping.com/spspools/mbody.asp

Now I will add a note of caution, I had some trouble with their online ordering in that it didn't give me a confirmation of the order and no followup email. There was also a shipping issue where they claim the reagents were to be drop shipped to me but instead were sent to the vendor. I made contact with them today and they assured me I should have them tomorrow or Monday. I will keep the forum posted on the delivery since i'd like to give vendors a nod if they are solid, or possibly a kick if they don't come through.

Ken

That's a good source and there is also tftestkits.com here where most of these refills have 36% more volume of reagents so some are less expensive "per test". You can also get a complete refill set. There is a minimum order on refills of $15 at tftestkits.com

A while back, someone gave me a link for replacement reagents at really good prices. I've lost the link and I'm getting low on some. If anyone has a good source, I'd appreciate it.

I have found this vendor to have some of the best prices and reasonable handling charges.

https://asp5.secure-shopping.com/spspools/mbody.asp

Now I will add a note of caution, I had some trouble with their online ordering in that it didn't give me a confirmation of the order and no followup email. There was also a shipping issue where they claim the reagents were to be drop shipped to me but instead were sent to the vendor. I made contact with them today and they assured me I should have them tomorrow or Monday. I will keep the forum posted on the delivery since i'd like to give vendors a nod if they are solid, or possibly a kick if they don't come through.

Ken

An update. I recieved my reagents today. Swimming Pool Supply Co. came through as promised. An A+ in my book. I would recommend, if you're planning on doing regular, daily, testing using the FAS-DPD powder, the .25lb container may be the better way to go.

Ken

• 3 weeks later...

I have the Talyor K-2006C test kit. As Nitro pointed out, one uses a lot of the pH and chlorine reagents and powder (and the R-0009 reagent for TA test), and much less of teh others

Can one use other companies' reagents (like TF) or must one stick with the same manufacturer who has produced the comparator tube (with specific colors)?

Are there generic reagents available that can be used for the Taylor kit?

The TF100 vs. K-2006 reagents are the same except for the pH test (TF100 uses Taylor reagents, but the pH test is based on the K-1000 kit which uses a different comparator tube with less saturated colors). The TF100 uses the R-0014 reagent for the pH test while the K-2006 uses the R-0004. There are no generic reagents. You must use the Taylor reagents, but can use them from any source which sells them so long as the reagent number is the same.