Masterspa Says: Heater Dry!

philie

Hello all Master Spa owners,

We have a problem with our Master Spa. First of all we bought a house that had a Spa, no manual nothing. We used it for some time than the heater broke. There is no MasterSpa dealer here. We ordered a new heater and installed it now the LED says heater dry and shuts down the heater. When we open the compartment of the heater it is full off water. Does anyone know what to do with this problem!!!

We have a problem with our Master Spa. First of all we bought a house that had a Spa, no manual nothing. We used it for some time than the heater broke. There is no MasterSpa dealer here. We ordered a new heater and installed it now the LED says heater dry and shuts down the heater. When we open the compartment of the heater it is full off water. Does anyone know what to do with this problem!!!

Heater dry is another way of saying insufficient flow. Maybe you have water in the heater but do you have water flow. I'd check to be sure there isn't an air lock in the pump that sends water to the heater. Loosen the fitting to the pump in question and see if air escapes. If so then that was probably the issue.

I have a MasterSpa and came across a "low flow" code coming up and the heater only came on occasionally. Checking around i learned it was due to the filters. The middle of the 3 filters clogs easily, and can be thrown out. They came out with a new style, 2 in 1 to replace it, but really you can get away with the outer pleated one if your chems are always good, or so I'm told.