Marquis Spa- Will Not Power Off When Temp Is Reached

BareSkin

Well, the heater is working now after adjusting the pressure switch. Only thing is, the spa won't shut off. It was on all night and still running this morning. It did reach the desired temperature, but just won't kick off. Could that still be a pressure switch issue? If so, what is the proper way to adjust it to make it work right? Thanks for all your help.

I may not be of much assistance, but I have a question that might help others by clarifying what you are asking.

Are you saying the heater continues to run after it reaches set-point?

or

Are you saying the heater shuts off after reaching set-point, but the pump continues to run?

I may not be of much assistance, but I have a question that might help others by clarifying what you are asking.

Are you saying the heater continues to run after it reaches set-point?

or

Are you saying the heater shuts off after reaching set-point, but the pump continues to run?

Thanks for the input. To answer that: the heater shuts off and the low speed continues to run. If I set it to a temp of 102, it heats up to that temp, the heater then shuts off, and the low speed pump continues to run.

Thanks again Fdegree, I appreciate your help on clarifying.

Anybody have an idea as to why the spa continues to run after the desired temp is reached?

I am not at all familiar with Marquis, mine is Sundance, so my input may be way off. I'll through some thoughts out there anyway.

This may be normal for your spa. I suspect the pump will need to run, even though the heater is not, to provide continuous filtering. My recirc pump runs all the time, regardless of call for heat, unless I reprogram the controller to cycle the pump periodically.

Perhaps you have already done this, but my suggestion would be to check the owners manual to see if this is normal for your spa, and to see if you can reprogram it to cycle as often as you would like. But, to maintain water quality, you will want the pump to run periodically so it will continue to filter your water even when you are not using it.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in to clarify some of this.

when you say not conserving power what do you mean exactly? My electric meter is very close to my spa and I can see a visual difference in how fast it spins when the heater is on vs off. My Caldera also has a circulation pump that runs 24/7 and when I am in the tub I can tell when the heater is on vs off by the temperature of the water coming out of the circulation pump, my foot can feel the difference and there is no question about it. If your talking about just 1 jet that is pushing water then my very noobish and not experienced opinion is that is normal but you should ask your dealer or wait for more experienced people on these boards to answer your question.