Fl Code

grammad

Hi I am new but I have an older Beachcomber hot tub, I think it is a 500 series. The display shows FL on occasion but all I have to do is push down on the filter and it goes away. What might be the problem, I have a new filter. I am worried about cold weather coming soon and if it says FL it isn't flowing and could freeze. It costs a fortune for the tech to come as we live a distance away so I need to try and fix this myself. any suggestions?????? could it be the flow switch and if so is it easy to replace??

This is almost always a dirty filter. But you've got a new filter. You mention that you push down on the filter and the error goes away.

Is it the exact brand as your last filter? Having sold a couple of different filter mfrs, I know they all try to build to the spec, but there are sometimes differences. If you have a different brand filter this time, you might track down a copy of your old one that didn't trip the FL error.

Have you added a Nature2 or SpaFrog or other mineral cartridge inside the spa filter?

If these aren't the case and you haven't a working knowledge of what to look for in the plumbing, I'd bite the bullet and schedule a tech out.

If it's an older Beachcomber, it could require a slight adjustment at the pressure switch. Try a 1/4 turn, reset the breaker or a 1/4 the other direction and do the same thing. As mentioned, it's usually a filter (restriction in flow) or a simple adjustment at the pressure switch.

tecmark_4000_pressure_switch.jpg

Steve