Purchasing Justification

thadius65

Ok. I have narrowed my search after testing and reviewing options. The HS Vista. As posted previously, my deal is $10k out the door for a Vista with premium steps, premium lift (all HS accessory type), chemicals, all electrical, delivered and installed.

Now the final phase of my typical purchase decisions...... Can I justify $10k on a hot tub? Can I justify $7k on a hot tub (pulled out of air lower number)?

Polling many people within my peer group, I get anything from "I use it all the time" to a more common -- "we did use it initially, now not that often". Not buying for a cool toy, but for relaxing and helping with 43 year old muscle/joint aches.

I am sure you all went through this.... and the ones that didn't buy are most likely not here.... How did you justify it and in the end, did the justification pan out?

Thanks,

Ted

I am pretty happy that I bought my hot tub.

My wife... even though being my wife... is sort of a polar opposite from me. We do opposite things. We like opposite things. We both work fulltime. She likes to watch TV while I prefer using the computer.

I find that the hot tub is one thing we can both "share and enjoy". I find that it's actually good for my marriage as crazy as it sounds. We are spending more time "together". We are talking more. Enjoying each other's company more. All because we can now share something we both enjoy.

So with that I can't even put a price on the hot tub.

only you can really answer the question if you really want a hot tub.

To me, if you want one, get the one you want. Don't buy the less expsensive one just because you think 10K is "too much". If you want one. Wet test, shop around and buy the one you want. once it's home it done'st matter how much you paid for it. What will then matter is how you like it and the quality. Then again, don't over spend on a bunch of bells and whisltes just for the sake of "Getting the works".

As far as the $$$? My friend, who drives a $50K SUV thinks my hot tub is an extravagence. I dunno. I drive a $23K car, have a hot tub and still have enough monely left over for a really nice tropical vacation. ;)

A hot tub really ins't that exspensive when you compare it the cost to other "toys" that many people don't bat an eye at...motorcycles, time shares, boats, sports cars....10K for something you and your family and friends can enjoy for years to come is reasonable.

For me being in New England and enjoying a nice hot soak, and a glass of wine outside while the snow is falling...priceless. So much better than sitting in front of the boob tube. I have a vacation in my back yard all year long. B)

I sit in my spa at least once per day, sometimes twice. I equate it to getting massages which are about 50-75 bucks per hour/plus tip...

That's how I justify my spa expenses... and my new spa is 100x better at getting into my muscle groups so I walk out of the spa completely rejuvenated...last spa was pretty average for massage-like therapy, but it was 10 years old.

While these things are expensive, I am completely roped into forever being a spa owner! :)

Sometimes I'll use mine regularly and other times I'll go a few weeks without using it but its there when I want it. In the end I'm happy I have one and if I moved I’d get another but not just anything. I look at it this way; if I get a well made spa it'll last me 10, 12, 15 ... years so even though it may seem costly up front I’ll have it a long time.

I'd hate to fork out 10k on a new one so I understand that but spread that out over time. Spa buying can be nerve wracking and since I overanalyze everything I buy I can imagine what it would be like looking for a spa if I wasn’t in the industry. However, to me if one spa is $10k and I liked it but at the same time another is $1k less but smaller or has a few less features what would I do. On the one hand I’d think of it as $100 per year over the life of the spa and get what I wanted. At the same time, sometimes there’s no need to get more than you think you need. It really becomes a personal thing, there is no answer. If you do buy you get one chance to get it right so take you time so you know you're getting the right size, right layout, quality made, good dealer, good manufacturer that stands behind its product, etc.

enjoying a nice hot soak, and a glass of wine outside while the snow is falling...priceless. So much better than sitting in front of the boob tube. I have a vacation in my back yard all year long. B)

Trigger has the right idea.

I have a vacation right outside, that my wife and I use every day. We love it.

The only advice I have is to pay cash money if you can. I bought mine that way, and I don't get that monthly reminder about how much they cost!.....lol

Now go buy one, it'll work wonders for you. If your sore / stiff, it'll make you feel better. If your married, it'll bring you closer together with your spouse. If your single it's a great way to invite a potential companion to undress at your house......lol

I am pretty happy that I bought my hot tub.

My wife... even though being my wife... is sort of a polar opposite from me. We do opposite things. We like opposite things. We both work fulltime. She likes to watch TV while I prefer using the computer.

I find that the hot tub is one thing we can both "share and enjoy". I find that it's actually good for my marriage as crazy as it sounds. We are spending more time "together". We are talking more. Enjoying each other's company more. All because we can now share something we both enjoy.

So with that I can't even put a price on the hot tub.

You had me at "share and enjoy".... Ordered!!

Thanks for all the help all!

Ted