Calspa 844l Or Sundance Certa

etbull

We began shopping for hot tubs today (dry test only) and saw the following brands: Calspa, artesian, viking, Sundance, and phoenix.

So far the two that seemed to fit "best" were the CalSpa 844L and the Sundance Certa. At first we were not interested in a lounger, but found that our two young boys fit best when they sat on the foot end of the lounger. Many of the other spas did not have a good seat for the kids. We also liked the cool off seat of the 844L. While the Sundance was the smaller tub of the two, it seemed to have more footroom.

We only got initial quotes on the two tubs, both of which included steps, coverlift, delivery, chemicals, cover, but not tax. Both the 844L and the Certa were $6499 +tax. Are these good prices? It seems that folks seem to prefer the Sundance over Cal Spa, but the CalSpa seemed to have more features. How much could I expect to haggle with the dealer?

I’m new to the forum as well and just placed an order for an Artesian from Watsons. I’ll assume that you were at Watsons since they sell both Viking and Artesian. I cannot comment on Phoenix or Sundance, but two co-workers have CalSpa’s, and both have been dissatisfied. Service was poor and the quality was not what they had hoped for. I realize this is a small sampling, but for me it was enough to look at other dealers. Our local CalSpa dealer gives the feeling of being on a used car lot.

Everyone has their own opinion, but our experience with Watsons has been very good. We liked the Vikings, but finally went with the Artesian as we felt the quality was a little better. We also liked the lifetime warranty that Watsons provides for both parts and labor.

I’m new to the forum as well and just placed an order for an Artesian from Watsons. I’ll assume that you were at Watsons since they sell both Viking and Artesian. I cannot comment on Phoenix or Sundance, but two co-workers have CalSpa’s, and both have been dissatisfied. Service was poor and the quality was not what they had hoped for. I realize this is a small sampling, but for me it was enough to look at other dealers. Our local CalSpa dealer gives the feeling of being on a used car lot.

Everyone has their own opinion, but our experience with Watsons has been very good. We liked the Vikings, but finally went with the Artesian as we felt the quality was a little better. We also liked the lifetime warranty that Watsons provides for both parts and labor.

Yes, we were at the Watsons in OKC. They had the Cal Spa as well as the Artesian, and Viking. We didn't like the Viking, we did like one of the artesians but it didn't have a child seat. Which one did you order? Did your coworkers not like the CalSpa dealers or was it the tubs themselves?