Hooking Up Hoses For Sand N Sun Pool

obie

I have one of those Sand N Sun above ground pools and I was wondering what is the correct way to hook up the hoses to and/from the filter pump. Should the outgoing hose (the one that pumps the water back into pool) be hooked up above or below the ingoing hose (the one that pumps the water from the pool into the pump). Or does it matter which hose is higher or lower than the other? I am just wondering because every year I hook the pool back up, it doesn't seem to pump right until I switch the hoses around but I can't seem to figure it out this year. And I'm just wondering if it matters where the ingoing and the outgoing hoses go.

Any help sure would be appreciated.

I have one of those Sand N Sun above ground pools and I was wondering what is the correct way to hook up the hoses to and/from the filter pump. Should the outgoing hose (the one that pumps the water back into pool) be hooked up above or below the ingoing hose (the one that pumps the water from the pool into the pump). Or does it matter which hose is higher or lower than the other? I am just wondering because every year I hook the pool back up, it doesn't seem to pump right until I switch the hoses around but I can't seem to figure it out this year. And I'm just wondering if it matters where the ingoing and the outgoing hoses go.

On my SnS 15'x48" the intake or one going to the pump is the lower hole in the pool sidewall. Also has the strainer on it.

Thanks for the info. I switched my hoses and put the intake hose on the lower hole and now it is working the way it is supposed to.

Thanks for your help.

On my SnS 15'x48" the intake or one going to the pump is the lower hole in the pool sidewall. Also has the strainer on it.

obie,

If you look at the pump, there should be a PLUS sign above one of the two ports.

Then look at the pool, there should be a corresponding PLUS sign on the pool where the hoses go. You connect plus sign to plus sign and the one not marked together.

on my 15 foot Intex, you connect the in on the pump to the right hole, and the out to the right hole on the pool.