Steel Or Extruded Aluminum

mlxdlx

We are going to be installing a 15-16' x 30-32' oval pool that has to be buried at least 18" - 2.5' on one of the long sides and 1/2 of both short sides. We are considering an Interpid 54" extruded aluminum pool by Sharkline but have had people say we can just get a steel sided Doughboy. Does anyone have an Intrepid 54" extruded aluminum pool or an Esther Williams extruded aluminum or a doughboy that's partially buried and what are people's thoughts or experiences. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

We are going to be installing a 15-16' x 30-32' oval pool that has to be buried at least 18" - 2.5' on one of the long sides and 1/2 of both short sides. We are considering an Interpid 54" extruded aluminum pool by Sharkline but have had people say we can just get a steel sided Doughboy. Does anyone have an Intrepid 54" extruded aluminum pool or an Esther Williams extruded aluminum or a doughboy that's partially buried and what are people's thoughts or experiences. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

I have a King George 33 x 18 pool that is sunk 2 1/2' in the ground. The walls are 4" extruded aluminum interlocing slats. This is our fifth season with it, no problems.

My parents have an ester williams 18'x32' that is burried about 1 1/2 feet on one of the short sides. They have had it for about 15 years with no problems and the original liner to boot! It is a great pool and has stood the test of time. If I was going to have to bury a pool, this would be the one I'd choose just from my personal expirences with it.

My parents have an ester williams 18'x32' that is burried about 1 1/2 feet on one of the short sides. They have had it for about 15 years with no problems and the original liner to boot! It is a great pool and has stood the test of time. If I was going to have to bury a pool, this would be the one I'd choose just from my personal expirences with it.

Thanks for your reply. As it turns out, we needed to bury it less than 2 feet and the cost difference of the steel pool package versus the extruded aluminum pool package was close to $3000, so we opted to go with the steel pool. I'm still a little nervous about having to bury it but since my original post we have further discussed this issue with our pool installer and he assured us that we would be fine going with a steel pool. I have also talked to friends and actually gone around the neighborhood as well and talked with people who have steel pools partially buried and they have had no problems. I hope we are as fortunate as they all have been. Thanks again for your reply.

Thanks for your reply. As it turns out, we needed to bury it less than 2 feet and the cost difference of the steel pool package versus the extruded aluminum pool package was close to $3000, so we opted to go with the steel pool. I'm still a little nervous about having to bury it but since my original post we have further discussed this issue with our pool installer and he assured us that we would be fine going with a steel pool. I have also talked to friends and actually gone around the neighborhood as well and talked with people who have steel pools partially buried and they have had no problems. I hope we are as fortunate as they all have been. Thanks again for your reply.

Your welcome. I am sure everyting will be fine. After telling my mom about this question she corrected me. Apparently my math skills are a little rusty. Her pool is actually about 25 years old, not 15 as I earlier stated. That should give you an added boost of confidence! Happy Swimming!!!

Your welcome. I am sure everyting will be fine. After telling my mom about this question she corrected me. Apparently my math skills are a little rusty. Her pool is actually about 25 years old, not 15 as I earlier stated. That should give you an added boost of confidence! Happy Swimming!!!