110 Hot Tubs

I was at a cookout over the weekend and they had a 110 volt Sundance spa. I thought the spa was very nice and I LOVED the jet placement in one of the seats (best massage I've had in a hot tub) but you had to turn all jets off for the water to reheat. We ended up having to get out because the water got too cool and it was very slow in reheating the water. It was like 75 degrees outside, I can't imagine 20 degrees. To me this would be a huge negitive as I like to spend a long time in the tub. I was curious as to why someone would get a 110 tub. The only benefit I could think of is you dont need to run a 220 line to the tub....are there others?

We are on our second - 110v hot tub and love it. We had the Spa-in-a-box portable and now we have the Maax/Nahanni Blackstone 4-5 seater. We are very pleased with the jet performance and simple convenience of plug-and-play, plus our panel is in an awkward location that would have added considerable expense. We have not had our new one yet in the winter, and the first one, we hardly ever had the jets on, but it was no problem at all. It definitely dropped a couple of degrees but after 30-45r mnutes we are ready to get out anyways. Our new tub will heat when the jets are on low speed, probably only 1-2 degrees/hr. It does shut off if you have the jets on high.

We have not had our new one yet in the winter, and the first one, we hardly ever had the jets on, but it was no problem at all.

That's the key; if you do run the jets at high speed in the dead of winter the temp will drop like a rock. Then again, most 100v spas aren't exactly known for strong jets and people who buy them are usually buying them more for the hot water anyway so as long as they know that going in most are fine with it.

I was at a cookout over the weekend and they had a 110 volt Sundance spa. I thought the spa was very nice and I LOVED the jet placement in one of the seats (best massage I've had in a hot tub) but you had to turn all jets off for the water to reheat. We ended up having to get out because the water got too cool and it was very slow in reheating the water. It was like 75 degrees outside, I can't imagine 20 degrees. To me this would be a huge negitive as I like to spend a long time in the tub. I was curious as to why someone would get a 110 tub. The only benefit I could think of is you dont need to run a 220 line to the tub....are there others?

99 out of 100 times you should go with the 220 spa. Normally the motors are more powerful too. Most of us in the business consider a 110 hot tub lacking in quality.

There are some spas designed to run well on 110v. In harsh climates, I, too, would recommend 220.

Sundance can run at either 110 or 220/240. If you run at 110 the pumps cannot function at the same time as the heating. You need to get a new 240 breaker module.

Sundance can run at either 110 or 220/240. If you run at 110 the pumps cannot function at the same time as the heating. You need to get a new 240 breaker module.

Ditto for the Hydra Spa Fiji. It will run on either 110 or 220. 110 is convenient if you don't have 220 available, and as stated above, as long as you don't run the jets for an extended period of time, it is just fine for a small tub. Usually 15 to 20 minutes is plenty of time to enjoy the tub and get the therapy you need.