Cleartech Uv Water Treament

SuperDav

I'm considering installing a Cleartech UV Water treament on my spa, I've been using chlorine tabs (SpaGuard) and event at 2 I still find it smelly.

So I was wondering if any of you have experience with such UV system?

If so, how much chlorine will I need?

Can I complety stop Chrorine tab, and just do a Clorox shot one a week?

Cleartech is made/distributed by beachcombers, but it look almost like the delta one.

FYI: it's a big 860$ installed so, I really apreciate any info on such option or any alternative.

Delta ref: http://www.deltauv.com/products.ea.series.html

BeachCombers ref :http://www.beachcomber.ab.ca/file.php?file=61bfa6da2831c7f45529ed99c11ed22b

• 1 month later...
I'm considering installing a Cleartech UV Water treament on my spa...,

So I was wondering if any of you have experience with such UV system?

If so, how much chlorine will I need?

I spoke to tech support at Beachcomber, becasue I am considering installing the Cleartech system also.

It is a new system for 2008 and uses UV-C, which they say should reduce chlorine required by about 70%. The UV bulb life is about 18 months and is user replaceable. :rolleyes: Sounds pretty good, but the initial investment cost is quite high.

• 2 weeks later...

We purchased the Clear Tech UV with our Beachcomber hot tub. We were the first ones from the Coquitlam BC store to have it installed after market. I understand that if you order a tub from the factory they come pre installed (as an option) We bought a floor model so that wasn't possible in our situation.

We went with the Clear Tech because we had wanted to get a saltwater tub but just didn't feel comfortable with the options out there yet. Cleartech for us was a way to keep the level of chlorine down. We have two young children and didn't want to have to wrorry alot about the chlorine on their skin.

I don't have anything to compare it to, as this is our first hot tub, but do feel like it has been worthwhile. Generally, we try to keep the tub around 1 ppm chlorine. We still seem to put a fair amount of chlorine in, but it gets "used up" or oxidizeded quickly. We have only had the tub for a month and it has gotten plenty of use so this is the reason why we have needed to add more chlorine. Overall, though, we try to maintain the chlorine as low as possible and it seems to be working. We have lost control once or twice and ended up with cloudy water, but it didn't take long to get it back. As a rule, our water is crystal clear and the chlorine levels are low. I believe the ClearTech is helping. By the way, the ClearTech came in a "Delta" box. It is the same unit branded for Beachcomber. I don't know yet if we are saving money on chlorine, but our water is great, there is little if any chlorine smell and no feeling of chlorine in the water. We put about a tablespoon of Chlor-Blast in the water after each use and more if there have been lots of people or kids in it. When I go out in the morning, it is low on chlorine, but crystal clear.

I hope this is helpful.