Cloudy Water After Changing To Zeosand

I just replaced my pool filter sand with Zeosand. I know have cloudy water,probably because I did not backflush it long enough. It said to back flush for 10-15 minutes, I did for about 3 minutes. I have backflushed it about 3 times now for about a total of 20 minutes. I try adding clarifier,and have run the pump for about 18 hrs with know improvement. I have left the pump off for about 28 hrs and it is a little clearer. Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks

Hawkeyefan

• 3 weeks later...

with zeosand you have to backwash the heck out of it when you first install it. i would reccomend 10-15 minute backwashing 6-7 times

I just replaced my pool filter sand with Zeosand. I know have cloudy water,probably because I did not backflush it long enough. It said to back flush for 10-15 minutes, I did for about 3 minutes. I have backflushed it about 3 times now for about a total of 20 minutes. I try adding clarifier,and have run the pump for about 18 hrs with know improvement. I have left the pump off for about 28 hrs and it is a little clearer. Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks

Hawkeyefan