Proud New Owner

Well I bought my first spa Friday for a patio that will be built in July. The dealer is holding it for me until it's ready but I'm so anxious I wanna go visit it. Got a Hot Springs Vanguard with delivery, setup, a set of steps, and start up chems for $7200. If that's a good deal please tell me...but if it's not I don't want to know. His list price was $7900 which he came down to $7400 without asking. After asking what the best deal was he offered the $7200 if I bought the one on display right then (I had also asked about ordering one with different colors). I'm feeling like my deal is neither good nor bad but average, which I'm ok with. I also spent another $250 for the cover cradle so the wife can easily open it. Felt a little taken there but oh well. I'm going to enjoy this soooooooo much. :wub:

<edit> Wow....member #1200...can I get a cookie?

Well I bought my first spa Friday for a patio that will be built in July. The dealer is holding it for me until it's ready but I'm so anxious I wanna go visit it. Got a Hot Springs Vanguard with delivery, setup, a set of steps, and start up chems for $7200. If that's a good deal please tell me...but if it's not I don't want to know. His list price was $7900 which he came down to $7400 without asking. After asking what the best deal was he offered the $7200 if I bought the one on display right then (I had also asked about ordering one with different colors). I'm feeling like my deal is neither good nor bad but average, which I'm ok with. I also spent another $250 for the cover cradle so the wife can easily open it. Felt a little taken there but oh well. I'm going to enjoy this soooooooo much. :wub:

He could of thrown in the coverlifter and steps for that price but you still recieved a good price. Happy tubbing.

I used to sell cars (Toyotas) and I know this from experience. Everyone gets a good deal, because it is all relative. As long as you are happy that is all that matters.

I am So Cal and I grew up in Arizona. My sister bought a new 4Runner years ago, and she never bothered to call me prior to the purchase. They took $100.00 off of the price and she felt lucky that she was able to get the one they were offering her so she took the deal and was happy about it. Shortly thereafter I was visiting and she told me the story and asked if she got a good deal. I thought about it for a moment and I could have told her that she could have saved several thousand dollars had she talked to me, but then she would be bitter and feel that she had been taken, or I could tell her that she got a good deal and that 4Runners are a precious commodity and she was lucky to get a $100.00 discount. I chose the latter and she was beaming very proud of her purchase.

So there is my little story and I wanted to congratulate you on the spa.

Congrats. BTW, getting the cover lifter is a must IMO so be happy you got that. It sounds like a decent deal and maybe you could have done better, or maybe not. Not all dealers price high to leave lots of room to negotiate. Some absolutely keep the price right around what they need to make their margin to make a living and stay in business and they may leave just a little room to haggle (the best method IMO as it's fair and popular with most). Also, if the price really was a fair one they would not have thrown in the lifter necessarily so the blind opinion that you could ahve goten that free was just that, an opinion which may or may not be correct (maybe you could have gotten hi to lower that $250 price, or maybe not). When dealers throw in the lifter it's usually because they have enough built into the spa price to do so. If they insist on you paying something for the lifter often it's because you got a good deal on the spa and there is no more room to throw in freebies.

Enjoy your spa!!

Try this for comparison purposes.

Compare

Alex, that's great! What is the patio going to look like? What state are you in? We're going to have apatio pured too, and I can't decide what the heck I want. Other than less than 20k of course, haha. I'd appreciate any and all ideas.

Alex, that's great! What is the patio going to look like? What state are you in? We're going to have apatio pured too, and I can't decide what the heck I want. Other than less than 20k of course, haha. I'd appreciate any and all ideas.

The patio will be 12' by about 55' or almost 700 sq ft. Just a basic concrete slab, no textures or anything like that. But we will have two pergolas, one at either end. The one by the back door will be covered with corrogated metal and have a ceiling fan in it. This is where my mac daddy Members Mark grill I won in an raffel will go. $1300 grill for $5. ^_^ The other pergola will have the hot tub in it and we'll let a worsteria (sp?) plant grow up it and create a foilage cover. We are also "enclosing" the back of the patio with an 18" landscape block wall with a cap that will create lots of seating space. The open area between the pergolas will contain a table w/ six chairs under an 11' umbrella, and an outdoor fireplace. The patio and pergolas will cost us just about $7500 and this is in Arkansas.