Cleaning Intake Covering.

TinyBubbles

We had some friends in the spa and afterwards,for the first time, I noticed stuff trapped in the cover of one of the water intakes. I used my spa wand to get some of it off and suck it up, but there is still some trapped in it. How does everyone clean theirs? I wasn't sure if it should come off or not, and there is nothing in my owner's manual about it.

We had some friends in the spa and afterwards,for the first time, I noticed stuff trapped in the cover of one of the water intakes. I used my spa wand to get some of it off and suck it up, but there is still some trapped in it. How does everyone clean theirs? I wasn't sure if it should come off or not, and there is nothing in my owner's manual about it.

The suction is pretty powerful... so like a leaf or something managed to get through the grate? I would guess you would have to pop them off. What manufacturer? Maybe a spa tech can give you the secret to popping them off. I've cleaned plenty of leaves etc from the outside.... curious.

Bo, it's like lint stuck in the tiny holes of the cover. I'm assuming our friends dried their suits with towels and they had lots of fuzz stuck to them. Personally, it grosses me out. I don't want to reach under water and pick it all out with my fingernails, unless it's a last resort. Blech!

Thanks. I was curious for a couple reasons. One is that they seem to be so sturdily on there... I mean they're down by your feet and I can't imagine how they could be easily removed... however everything is made to come apart for service, it's just some tech trick. To remove the fuzz without using your hands would likely require a shop-vac (wet dry) level of suction power and would be like swatting flies with a sledge hammer. If it's just cotton fuzz you might be able to shave off the outside visible bits with an old disposable shaver and the rest will just get sucked through... maybe just a vegetable brush?