Saphire Spas Error 6

I had a complete burn out on my Saphire spa and had the Davey/Spa-Quip Spa Power PCB - SP600/SP601 board replaced by a hot tub repair company.

Ever since when running after a few seconds it stops quoting error 6. The repair company now wont respond to email or telephone so i'm stuck.

This error should mean no water moving across the heater and hence shuts down the system. There clearly is water moving across the heater as all of the pumps bubble, blower, etc work.

There are 3 sensors on the heater tube. A Klixon (thermostat type device), optical sensor and temperature sensor. When i disconnect the optical sensor i get error 8. When I disconnect the temperature sensor I get error 4 so i feel these must be OK. I have changed the Klixon...same result error 6!

Now if i open circuit the Klixon the error goes away...but heater doesn't work!

There has to be something simple and obvious but I can't find it  help please!

Steve

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
On 5/26/2017 at 11:13 PM, SteveUKmidlands said:

I had a complete burn out on my Saphire spa and had the Davey/Spa-Quip Spa Power PCB - SP600/SP601 board replaced by a hot tub repair company.

Ever since when running after a few seconds it stops quoting error 6. The repair company now wont respond to email or telephone so i'm stuck.

This error should mean no water moving across the heater and hence shuts down the system. There clearly is water moving across the heater as all of the pumps bubble, blower, etc work.

There are 3 sensors on the heater tube. A Klixon (thermostat type device), optical sensor and temperature sensor. When i disconnect the optical sensor i get error 8. When I disconnect the temperature sensor I get error 4 so i feel these must be OK. I have changed the Klixon...same result error 6!

Now if i open circuit the Klixon the error goes away...but heater doesn't work!

There has to be something simple and obvious but I can't find it  help please!

Steve

I have the same problem also with error 6 and also replaced circuit board and klixon.

Did you find the solution?

Any help would be appreciated 

Thanks.

RH

• 1 year later...

Bit late in the day but I had this error 2 years ago on two similar Sapphire Spa hot tubs (mine and my mums) which failed within 3 months of each other.  I traced it to the impeller on the pump which had sheared on the vanes.  Both hot tubs approx 7 years old at the time.  Pump ran and everything looked normal then thermal cutout after 60 seconds as no water was actually being pumped through the heater.  Fixed by buying a replacement head unit for the pump - approx £80 and I also changed the shaft seal for £6.  I suspect the shaft seal failing allowed water to the "gubbins" and caused the impeller to seize/snap.  Given the parts are all plastic and the 7 years of chemicals it's no surprise the impeller failed.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I have the same problem, had new heater, new pcb, and now new control pad. Still getting error 6. Pump starts and pumps for about 10 seconds then get error 6.

Tried it with filters out, all jets open, no difference.

Tried with the Klixon linked out, no difference.

Tried with the Klixon open circuited, no difference.

Have ‘hotwired’ the motor and heater and left running for 6 hours, pool got nice and hot, no circulation issues, motor not overheating.