Filter Help

Greetings. I have a Fort Wayne Pools spa that was manufactured in 1995. I don't have an original filter and I'm trying to track down a filter that works. I have a filter that has a 2 1/8" hole, is 4 15/16" in diameter and about 10" long. It fits, but sits loosely over the intake. I suspect the inside hole needs to be 2" diameter for a snug fit. I'm also confused regarding the open top end versus closed top end configuration. Wouldn't an open end allow water to bypass the filter?

I contacted Fort Wayne Pools, but they were no help. I have the owners manual, but it does not give any information about the filter. It just says to contact the manufacturer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I have an older hot tub too. I'm sharing this because it us how I found the correct filters for mine. Just Google "replacement filters for" and enter the make and model of your hot tub. It worked for me when I didn't have a clue.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. That was the first thing I tried, but no luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

An open ended filter is usually used in an application where either the filter lid or leaf trap closes the upper hole, you may have a missing component to the skimmer.

The above link or a Unicel 4328 would likely do the trick.