Onzen Version 7 And Flo Error

SteelerPete

Hi all Arctic owners, I've done lots of reading in this forum regarding the Onzen retro fit, is this the newest version? James has setup this for my tub and apparently the tech needs the tub empty and has to change something and re-glue it, has this been the case in your retro fits? Now I'm getting a FLO error and the #1 pump turns on in both speeds but it's not pushing water through the jets very hard, is this sound similar? The tech was out on Wed. and said he pulled pump 1 apart and found a piece of plastic hmmm ok, and the pump is no better!!!!! Is this the start to full pump 1 failure?

Any info on your issues would be appreciated!!

Pete

Hey,

I have worked on a few Arctics. The spas have a "check valve" that diverts water to certain jets when you turn that big dial (diverter valve). If the flapper inside the valve breaks chunks of plastic show up and the pump flow reduces due to the fact that the flow is now distributed to all the jets at once instead of just certain "zones" of jets. An arctic dealer should know of this problem, and the process needed for repair.

Hope this helps.

Let me know.

Paddy

What pisses me off the most is when you call service and you get the "well if tech comes back and he doesn't find anything wrong you will be billed 100 bucks for labor" So now I sit and put up with this issue so I don't get billed or the service line asks you to check this and check that. I'm not a spa tech and I don't want to do any damage inside the tub because you know that I will be billed for that for sure. Isn't that why I paid 17 grand for the tub so I could feel comfortable to call service and get excellent customer service. Could you imagine if you called GM warranty service and they said pop the hood and remove this wire and check this sensor Ya right!!!!!!

Anyone have this pump one issue like mine, I have the new style filter and not much of a difference

What pisses me off the most is when you call service and you get the "well if tech comes back and he doesn't find anything wrong you will be billed 100 bucks for labor" So now I sit and put up with this issue so I don't get billed or the service line asks you to check this and check that. I'm not a spa tech and I don't want to do any damage inside the tub because you know that I will be billed for that for sure. Isn't that why I paid 17 grand for the tub so I could feel comfortable to call service and get excellent customer service. Could you imagine if you called GM warranty service and they said pop the hood and remove this wire and check this sensor Ya right!!!!!!

Anyone have this pump one issue like mine, I have the new style filter and not much of a difference

How old is the spa? Plastic in the pump means something broke. Maybe a valve or diverter?

Paddy

A service charge to come out to my location,IMHO I have no problem with that, I live 45 min from my dealer. No spa warranty is going to cover travel

for full term. I am in the appliance repair biz and a travel/service charge is the norm in the industry.

Comparing a spa warranty to a car warranty ie:GM, is not realistic, wonder what they would charge to come out

to your house to work on your $30,000.00 car?

Hey Pete,

You say the technician was out there and you are now having this issue after he drained and refilled the spa. Off the top of my head I would check the ball valves are not left closed or one partially closed. The other is an airlock in the pump. That is easy enough to fix. Usually just turn the pump on and off a few times until the airlock clears. If you would like, give me a call and I will walk you through some checks.

Talk to you soon,

James

Hey James, like I said in my e-mail to you, I took the 2 days off work and waited all day Fri with no show or call and then Mary called at 5 on the Fri to inform me that the tech wasn't coming out on the Mon as well, because they didn't have all the parts (but they had everything the Fri before) so I didn't know how long I would have to wait so I ran some fresh start through the tub to clean the lines, dumped the tub, and refilled. Then on the weekend I started to get the FLO error with no filter in the tub. Mary then called Tuesday at 5 to tell me that the tech was coming out on Wed to do the update, I then told Mary that if the tech has to dump the water I don't want it done, but he could come out to check the flo error problem, he came out and said he found a piece of plastic in the pump and when I went out the next day I got the flo error again. The water pressure coming out of the jets isn't as great as it was before I did the water dump, and the water that is getting sucked into the filter canister on high speed doesn't even pull the floater all the way down like it did before. So then I called to inform service that I got the error again and that's when I got the "well if the tech comes out again and doesn't find anything I will be billed a full labor charge". So does that mean if he comes out and doesn't get the FLO error, I get charged, because the pump turns on in both speeds but the weaker pressure would be a judgment call by the tech. I know it's weaker, but the tech could say it's fine, and this is what makes me nervous to call, so do I put up with the issue until it gets worse or risk the 100 dollar charge.

Pete

Hey tru, I had my dishwasher serviced under warranty and the tech came to my house and the charge was 0$, I don't mind paying for a call that isn't service related i.e. cleaning, yearly checkup, but to use the labor charge as a scare tactic to make the customer second guess him/her self is wrong.

Hey tru, I had my dishwasher serviced under warranty and the tech came to my house and the charge was 0$, I don't mind paying for a call that isn't service related i.e. cleaning, yearly checkup, but to use the labor charge as a scare tactic to make the customer second guess him/her self is wrong.

I have to defend the practice of disclosing charges if no warranty issues are found. In this case, with ongoing issues, probably not. However, many issues are filter cleaning issues, not warranty issues. Who is supposed to pay if a tech shows up, cleans filters (spa owner's responsibility) and all is now good? Not warranty-manufacturer won't pay. If customer, in good faith asked for, what he thinks is warranty service, without disclosure, should he pay?

Hey James, like I said in my e-mail to you, I took the 2 days off work and waited all day Fri with no show or call and then Mary called at 5 on the Fri to inform me that the tech wasn't coming out on the Mon as well, because they didn't have all the parts (but they had everything the Fri before) so I didn't know how long I would have to wait so I ran some fresh start through the tub to clean the lines, dumped the tub, and refilled. Then on the weekend I started to get the FLO error with no filter in the tub. Mary then called Tuesday at 5 to tell me that the tech was coming out on Wed to do the update, I then told Mary that if the tech has to dump the water I don't want it done, but he could come out to check the flo error problem, he came out and said he found a piece of plastic in the pump and when I went out the next day I got the flo error again. The water pressure coming out of the jets isn't as great as it was before I did the water dump, and the water that is getting sucked into the filter canister on high speed doesn't even pull the floater all the way down like it did before. So then I called to inform service that I got the error again and that's when I got the "well if the tech comes out again and doesn't find anything I will be billed a full labor charge". So does that mean if he comes out and doesn't get the FLO error, I get charged, because the pump turns on in both speeds but the weaker pressure would be a judgment call by the tech. I know it's weaker, but the tech could say it's fine, and this is what makes me nervous to call, so do I put up with the issue until it gets worse or risk the 100 dollar charge.

Pete

Hey Pete,

I understand where you are coming from. I was just thinking that if you called, I could walk you through a few simple checks as it may not even require a service call. I think you have my number. Give me a shout and lets see if we can't solve it together. If you don't have my number PM me and with your and I will call right away.

Kind regards,

James