Access The Spa From The Bottom?

AV Sports

Greetings!

I have several leaks in my Image Paradise spa. After removing the access panels, I can see the hoses that need to be repaired, but I don't see how it is possible to work on it. It appears that the spa will need to be placed on its side. However, there is a large panel/platform on the bottom. I am assuming this panel/platform which serves as a buffer between the spa and the concrete can easily be removed.

Can anyone tell me is this the normal procedure for performing repairs such as this? I think I'll have to disconnect the electrical to put the spa on its side.

Any suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated. I think I can do these repairs myself as long as I can get to the hoses.

Greetings!

I have several leaks in my Image Paradise spa. After removing the access panels, I can see the hoses that need to be repaired, but I don't see how it is possible to work on it. It appears that the spa will need to be placed on its side. However, there is a large panel/platform on the bottom. I am assuming this panel/platform which serves as a buffer between the spa and the concrete can easily be removed.

Can anyone tell me is this the normal procedure for performing repairs such as this? I think I'll have to disconnect the electrical to put the spa on its side.

Any suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated. I think I can do these repairs myself as long as I can get to the hoses.

If I recall correctly, all panels including corners are screwed on and removeable. If you do need to access to the bottom I think the bottom is simply covered with a thin but sturdy plastic sheet, stapled on. You will likely have to pull lots of staples to get the sheet off and restaple it back on after the work is done. You can possibly knife the sheet along the board runners in just the area you need to access and fold back the flap and then retack it back when finished.

Look carefully at your jets for cracks. You will need to remove the jet inserts and carefully examine the insides of each jet. The part that sticks though the shell and threads into the jet body is know to crack under strain causing it to leak, you can likely unthread that part of the jet and replace it without having to access the underside. Most of these jets require a special tool to remove them. I have simply made a tool using a properly sized piece of wood and inserting nails or screws with a shank size suitable to fit into the keyed holes on the fitting face. Be aware that the jets may or may not have been installed with sealant, so removal may be a challenging task without proper tools and patience. likely they have a thin soft gasket which can be pulled out making it easier to loosen and remove. You might have to order the complete jet, but just replace the damaged part to keep it simple.

Also be aware that leaks can be deceiving, running down along pipes, through insulation and showing up somewhere else, so be sure you trace back to the source, before cutting and removing unnecessary parts.