Bye Bye Baqua Spa!

Guest Marty

Yes, crystal clear sparkling water is possible!! We were very depressed with our new hot tub, using Baqua spa. We could not get beyond cloudy, yucky, filmy water, even though test strips and dealer said water was in balance (after they sold me a ton of chemicals to add). In the first 2 months we've had our tub, we had emptied and refilled about 6 times.

Finally, I changed dealers to the largest, most reputable pool dealer in town. They recommended SpaGuard chlorine system with a Nature 2 cartridge in the filter. I couldn't be happier! I never thought we'd have sparkling, crystal clear water. It even feels different than it did with Baqua Spa. I was worried about chlorine but with the Nature 2 cartridge, you add a much smaller amount and can't smell it or get irritated by it. My 12-year old spends all his spa time under water and it doesn't bother his eyes at all like regular pool chlorine does.

If you're suffering with Baqua like we did, I encourage you to make the change. You won't be sorry. And by the way, the changeover as advised by the dealer was simple--empty the hot tub of Baqua treated water, wipe it down, and refill. That was it! Good luck.

First off, any type of baquacil product is a marketing ploy for screwing the public. It is the worst chemical test ever tried on pools or spas. The products are way overpriced and tolerances are way too narrow for average pool owners. I'm skeptical of the nature2 thing also. How often do you change out cartridge and how much are they??

I am beginning to hate Baqua. The last 3 times I've gotten in my spa, I have come down with a fever for 8 hours. I have read of others that said they woke up with the chills at night, which means fever. I will look into your recommendation.

I have a 2004 Sundance Marin - we too were sold baqua spa - told that that was what the owner used in his spa. Well...couldn't get chemistry right - kept being told to add this, add that, do this, do that...drain and refill - then do this. We kept getting a brown gunky water line that was very hard to scrub off - very gooey. My daughter couldn't breathe in the tub - she said it always hurt her chest.

I got talked into switching to chlorine/Nature2 on another spa board and I've had nothing but beautiful crystal clear water ever since. and the best thing, is my daughter's chest doesn't hurt when she gets in the spa. NO water line of any sort - spa maintenance shouldn't be that hard. Geez - I have a minor in chemistry and I was having problems....<g>.

I would try and talk anyone out of Baqua spa if I could .

Amy B.

I have just bought a 2006 Sundance Optima. Im using Baqua Spa. This is my first hot tub. After 2 months I've had to replace the filter because it caved in, I keep getting a sticky brown scum line. The spa dealer told me that the filter caved in because the chemicals fouled up the filter. We had to replace the water several times also. Has anyone else had this problem? Is anyone out there that can give me some advice as to what chemicals to use?

• 4 years later...
I have just bought a 2006 Sundance Optima. Im using Baqua Spa. This is my first hot tub. After 2 months I've had to replace the filter because it caved in, I keep getting a sticky brown scum line. The spa dealer told me that the filter caved in because the chemicals fouled up the filter. We had to replace the water several times also. Has anyone else had this problem? Is anyone out there that can give me some advice as to what chemicals to use?

I switched from baquaspa to nature2 about a month ago. That was a fantastic decision!

Any baqua spa lovers want to buy a bunch of unopened chemicals? :rolleyes: Seriously, I have a bunch of them.

I switched from baquaspa to nature2 about a month ago. That was a fantastic decision!

Any baqua spa lovers want to buy a bunch of unopened chemicals? :rolleyes: Seriously, I have a bunch of them.

GOOD GOD! Where did you dig this thread up from??? Its almost 5 years old!

GOOD GOD! Where did you dig this thread up from??? Its almost 5 years old!

Just want to chime in that I've been using BaquaSpa in my Sundance Capri for nearly 4 years now and I couldn't be happier. Water is crystal clear, no odor, no problems, and maintenance is about 5 minutes once a week.

I'm with you PS. I like BaquaSpa! I'm a stickler, though, about taking a shower before getting into the tub. I suspect that the majority of tubbers don't (want to) do that and I'm bettin' that there'd be more problems with my BaquaSpa tub if I didn't require the beforehand shower.

You'd never know it from all the naysayers on this board but there are obviously many more of us BaquaSpa users or the product wouldn't be available.

Just want to chime in that I've been using BaquaSpa in my Sundance Capri for nearly 4 years now and I couldn't be happier. Water is crystal clear, no odor, no problems, and maintenance is about 5 minutes once a week.

That's fine if it's only a couple using the tub. However, if you have guests it's kind of a pain to get them to take showers before soaking. And it's a real pain to get them to go in naked.

The time/trouble you guys spend worring about contaminanting your tub, more than makes up for the supposed little maintenance. Lately, most of the time I don't even bother showering before soaking. I find if enough chlorine is used during/after soaking, I have no problems.

But, I'm glad it's working out for you guys. Keep up the good work.

That's fine if it's only a couple using the tub. However, if you have guests it's kind of a pain to get them to take showers before soaking. And it's a real pain to get them to go in naked.

The time/trouble you guys spend worring about contaminanting your tub, more than makes up for the supposed little maintenance. Lately, most of the time I don't even bother showering before soaking. I find if enough chlorine is used during/after soaking, I have no problems.

But, I'm glad it's working out for you guys. Keep up the good work.

If you think going in the tub naked with a beautiful woman is too much time/trouble, then I'm available to provide some psychological help (LOL).