Any La Spas Owners?

daveinfv

Hi All. Newbie here. Getting close to taking the plunge on a new tub. Thanks for all the excellent info here. Have researched/seen most of the major players, Sundance, Jacuzzi, Cal Spas, Marquis, D1, and LA Spas, but have not wet tested yet. Went by the LA Spas today, and was quite impressed. 5 year warranty on all the componenets and 10 on the shell, full foam, cirrc pump works on 1/10 amps and they also use Aquaflo pumps which are supposed to be more energy efficint than the standby GE pumps. I live in SoCal so my electricity is brutally high priced <kids in house, say no more>, and energy efficient is very important.

I have read good reviews on the few I can find. Can anyone offer any feedback? They have a handful of 2007 models left at "$500 over invoice", and they are priced with more to offer than the other brands I have seen. Going to wet test this week, and maybe pull the trigger.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

PS Its the HEET model I am looking at

I have got the 3 pump model and I have a 24 hour circulation pump. These pumps together with the good jet placement give excellent hydropherapy.

I cannot really comment on electrical consumption because I have not checked it, but it cannot be really high otherwise my electricity supplier would be asking for an increase in my monthly payments. I will try and get a meter to check the consumption, it will be a good time to check now because it is winter time.

Hi All. Newbie here. Getting close to taking the plunge on a new tub. Thanks for all the excellent info here. Have researched/seen most of the major players, Sundance, Jacuzzi, Cal Spas, Marquis, D1, and LA Spas, but have not wet tested yet. Went by the LA Spas today, and was quite impressed. 5 year warranty on all the componenets and 10 on the shell, full foam, cirrc pump works on 1/10 amps and they also use Aquaflo pumps which are supposed to be more energy efficint than the standby GE pumps. I live in SoCal so my electricity is brutally high priced <kids in house, say no more>, and energy efficient is very important.

I have read good reviews on the few I can find. Can anyone offer any feedback? They have a handful of 2007 models left at "$500 over invoice", and they are priced with more to offer than the other brands I have seen. Going to wet test this week, and maybe pull the trigger.

Hi - I ahve the Paradise H2... 3 pumps.. Not had it long but so far so good... still waiting on first electricity bill so watch this space.

Hi - I have the Paradise H2... 3 pumps.. Not had it long but so far so good... still waiting on first electricity bill so watch this space.

[/quote

Hi, We bought an LA Spa HEET back in October and are very pleased with it. We have the three pump model but no 24 hour circulation pump. Got the waterfall extra neck and shoulder jets, three interior LED lights and the new stackstone skirting. Probably would not get the waterfall again.

If you do go with the LA Spa there is a web site that sells the filters for about half the cost as the Dealers. I just installed a set today and will test them. I am not sure of how much more electric it uses but whatever it is its worth it.

We were actually waiting for it to get cold this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Its been 2 weeks since I have fitted the meter and we have used 238KWh of electric. We have used the spa every day apart from one day. I am not sure what he average temperature has been, but I know that overnight it has dropped well below freezing point. I will keep the meter on for a while longer and I will use it again in the summer to check the energy consumption.

Daveinfv have you decided on a make and model yet?

Croc Dundee how are you finding the Paradise, we did not wet test that model it looks really spacious

[/quote

Hi, We bought an LA Spa HEET back in October and are very pleased with it. We have the three pump model but no 24 hour circulation pump. Got the waterfall extra neck and shoulder jets, three interior LED lights and the new stackstone skirting. Probably would not get the waterfall again.

If you do go with the LA Spa there is a web site that sells the filters for about half the cost as the Dealers. I just installed a set today and will test them. I am not sure of how much more electric it uses but whatever it is its worth it.

We were actually waiting for it to get cold this year.

Have not pulled the trigger yet. Gotta get the old in ground removed, and thats a couple of weeks out, then get the electric upgrade. Did wet test the LA Spas HEET and were very impressed. 2 Pumps 54 jets model with Circ pump and LED lighting qouted about $7000. About time to start up the negotiating. They had some 2007 models at "$500 over invoice"<?>, but nothing got us excited. Factory and showroom is 10 miles from my home. Says he will include 1 year of chemicals and filters, too.

Croc Dundee how are you finding the Paradise, we did not wet test that model it looks really spacious

The Paradise is a great spa - its great for entertaining and can fit 8 with absolute ease. We got the waterfalls and the LED light option and are glad we do so - when entertaining outside at night we run the watrefalls and the led lights and it's like having a garden water feature.

Have been in it every day since we vought it and have not regretted the purchase at all.

One thing I've found is that the filters do seem to need washing quite a bit... to remain effective thy need to be washed once a week at least (more after heavier weeks)... small price to pay for a bit of luxury

• 3 months later...

We looked at LA spas today, and the impression they give is that 100% of the water goes through the filters, and that that's not the case with most spas, so you're getting cleaner water. Is that true, and if so, is there really that big of a difference?

Thanks,

Ron

• 2 weeks later...
We looked at LA spas today, and the impression they give is that 100% of the water goes through the filters, and that that's not the case with most spas, so you're getting cleaner water. Is that true, and if so, is there really that big of a difference?

Thanks,

Ron

We have a La Spa HEET and this is how it works, the 24 hour circulation pump runs and all the water passes through a filter. We then have our main filter cycle set twice a day for 20 minutes, pump 3 will then run for 1 minute, then pump 2 for 1 minute this purges the lines. Then pump 1 will run for the remainder and all the water is filtered with no bypass. All the water that passes through pump 1 is 100% filtered.

The main filteration cycle times and duration can be changed.

We have never had water quality issues and another feature we have found is all the pumps have a self bleed line on them, so we do not suffer from airlocked pumps, even after a re fill.

Most probably all spas filter their water satisfactory and in deciding what spa to use I would go for comfort, power of jets etc. which you can find out by wet testing.

• 1 month later...

In February I posted our winter consumption.

I have checked my summertime use and over the previous two weeks we have used 121KWh of electric. However I don't think the temperature has been that high its been mid twenties at best.