Infinity Owners

Wanna a tub

Im pretty sure I called you out, Roger, on the Gatsby bashing just to see you back down in a hurry. Im not sure what your agenda is, but your story smells fishy. I know for one as a tech myself, I try not to downgrade anyones purchase, and dont go out of my way to make my face to face customer feel like crap about buying something nice for their family. All are money in my pocket when it comes to service, chems, etc. You dont outright lie, you just twist what you know when you spout off. You lumped Gatsby into your previous run in with me, without really knowing what you were talking about, found someone who did know about the company in question, and didnt back down to the bullying.

So what I have to question, what do you really know about the company in question for this topic or are you just shooting from the hip again, shotgun style and blasting anything that isnt part of your hidden agenda?

No hidden agenda, just defending the extra few thousand that customers pay at dealers. I am a 25 year licensed plumber with a full time job at a mechanical contractor.. I fix just about anything on the side and after hours and have worked on hundreds of hot tubs. In my limited experience I see more box store repairs than dealer repairs, well of course, the dealers use there own guys unless there's more work than they can handle. Then they call me. And 95 percent of the time they call me for a repair on a non dealer tub. I work at 75 dollars an hour and do my own billing. I could care less if it's warranty or not warranty. For me it is work that is due upon completion. I am a true independent. I hold no preference to any of our 6 dealers. I have more work than I can handle with plumbing and other stuff and only take the jobs that my billing process is clear on.

Hows that for shootin from the hip?

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roger, you are member #8! You have been here for almost 3 years making 2 posts per day!

I am member number 8 but have been here long before that. Several years on the old board also.

I love working on any tub and if there was a Costco here I would also work on them. As long as my terms were met. I will not let any company including Walmart, Sams Club or Home Depot (our Costco) dictate who I work for and how much I get paid. Pay me and chase your warranty, that's my moto.

Rodger if what you said is true, "I have more work than I can handle with plumbing and other stuff"... your last post was at 11:56 am, then 11:41am, one before that was 7:41am, before that 4:36am, before that 2:31am. Between fixing tubs, running your own business and being up all night monitoring a hot-tub chat room on the internet... your one busy guy!! Do you know hunting season opens on the 19th? I am thinking you should take a break form all this and set your sights on something else for a while... hunting can also be very relaxing:)

I didn't take the post as an insult at all. The fact that you called me a liar a pupeteer and corrected my spelling shows me you are upset. But I won't resort to your tactics of insult, of you personaly. You may be a nice guy, who knows and who cares. A speck of internet dust with to much time on his hands. And you seem to have a vast knowledge that us who have been around tubs for years should admire. After all you bought a 8 thousand dollar tub for 4 grand. I read it in one of your past post's! You feel the dealers are ripping people off and stores like Walmart and Costco are going to take over the world because of that fact. I guess we will both see.

Mr Roger, When you say

"I have never ever criticized anyone for there purchase unless of course they pay 15,000 for an 8-9 thousand dollar spa."

that's a lie. I've provided the forum with proof.

When you say

"I need payment to repair because the warranty they have isn't worth the paper it's wrote on."

that's another lie, since some big box buyers who have had issues have had there tubs repaired or returned without incident.

Oct 24 2007, 03:41 PM Post #3

TV tub Guy

QUOTE(TinyBubbles @ Oct 24 2007, 10:49 AM)

Did you get a 100% refund from Costco? If so, that is great! Kudos to the jacuzzi dealer for returning the tub for you. That had to be a huge help. Let us know how you like your new tub.

"$9259 returned for the tub. The Jacuzzi tub is $200 more. Both tubs are the same size. The Infinity has more jets but they are mostly small jets. The Infinity had a 19 inch Polaroid tv. It was horrible quality. The Infinity had a JVC stereo. It seemed to be decent quality but was oversensitive to moisture and would only work some of the time. The Jacuzzi has a nice simple stereo, supposedly designed by BOSE. I really want simpicity and reliabiltiy out of the next tub. I love to sit in the tub at night and look at the stars on a clear night. There is something about being outside under the night sky. It sounds stupid but I enjoy watching the lights of planes overhead. It is very relaxing especially with a glass of wine. "

When you say

"After all you bought a 8 thousand dollar tub for 4 grand. I read it in one of your past post's! You feel the dealers are ripping people off and stores like Walmart and Costco are going to take over the world because of that fact."

that's a 3rd lie.

Sep 23 2007, 01:14 PM Post #2

biggz

"PowerNoodle, I didn't want my post to sound like a bash on the Vita dealer. They have to work with what they have. In fact I'm not hear to bash any dealer or business person on this site. We all have to eat and as I said, If there was a larger selection of tubs in my price range, I would probably by from the dealer. It makes good sense, but unfortunately I didn't see many tubs at the dealers that I could afford unless I was buying a tub for 2 or 3 people.

I remember when the big box stores didn't exist. People bought from their local neighborhood vendors. I also remember being ripped off by some stores who tried to balance their books on every customer that walked through the door. Those days are over. Big box means competition for all vendors who's product the big box sells. I think there's probably truth to some of the quality concerns presented here, but for some posters to bash a guy who's only trying to get the best deal for his or her family is self serving. I see many post from people who bought the "High End" tubs with problems. What happened there? They have the same issues that the Big Box buyers have but paid substantially more for their tubs. How do we know if this is an anomaly. I'd be embarrassed to pay over 7K and have a leak issue or a malfunctioning pump or controller. If my analysis is wrong please show me where. Don't be like some posters (104 Degrees) who brings nothing positive to a serious discussion."

I didn't call you a puppeteer, I said "Your post read like your nothing more then a puppet of the spa dealers. That's fitting since "Mr Roger" was a puppeteer." As far as your spelling goes, your lack of discipline indicates that you don't pay much attention to the small details. Is that the way you repair tubs too? We are all provided a spell checker on this site yet you choose not to use it. I find it frightening that you claim to work in a nuclear power plant. :o I'd move out of your state with these gross examples of laziness. :P I'm not upset, in fact I find this thread quite entertaining. :lol:

Oh by the way the internet doesn't have dust. It has bits. 010101. Just wanted to clear that up for you. :D

Boy I wish I had the time to go back and dig up all the juicy stuff I did on u2 Z, but I don't. So I will just let you think what you want. I will get mine in a few years. You can have yours now while you are enjoying your inexpensive non dealer tub. I think you will be, oh, like number 100 or so I have seen come here brag about how well they did and how they are so much smarter than those that bought from a dealer and then.....yep either a broke tub or they were gone.

Rodger if what you said is true, "I have more work than I can handle with plumbing and other stuff"... your last post was at 11:56 am, then 11:41am, one before that was 7:41am, before that 4:36am, before that 2:31am. Between fixing tubs, running your own business and being up all night monitoring a hot-tub chat room on the internet... your one busy guy!! Do you know hunting season opens on the 19th? I am thinking you should take a break form all this and set your sights on something else for a while... hunting can also be very relaxing:)

OK......not sure why I am justifying this but........11:56 and 11:41 lunch break. 7:41 arived at office after a 6:30 meeting with 2 plumbers on there way to a job. 4:36 arived at office first time. 2:31 AM wake up in morning. But I think if you investigate you will find it is one hour off based on my time zone so add an hour to each time. Up at 3:30 arrive at office 5:30, meeting at 8:30, lunch at 12:45 off work at 5:15

Hunting season is half over and I do not hunt. Never had time.

• 2 weeks later...

This afternoon, my husband and I insulated 3 sides of our Infinity spa with 2 inch styrofoam panels that we bought at Lowes, following the directions that Ken Gorman posted on another thread. Not hard but more time consuming than we anticipated (aren't all DIY projects?) so we ran out of daylight before getting the 4th side done (to be completed next weekend). Anyway, we noticed as we were putting the cabinet back on each side that there was a gap between the shell and the cabinet that was wide enough to warrant putting something in there to close up the space (Ken had suggested that he might try weatherstripping). My husband had backer rod left over from caulking a joint in our driveway, so he wedged that up into the gap wherever he could. It compressed easily enough for the narrow areas and could be doubled over for the wider gaps. Just thought I'd pass the suggestion along - it was quick and easy to do! BTW, we have been very impressed with how well the thermal blanket holds the heat and keeps the water at the set temperature (currently 100 degrees) even when the spa is in economy mode. Thanks to whoever made that suggestion - it was well worth the money.

Sandi

Wow! You actually have an Infinity spa and can attest, first hand, as to it's performance. Please be aware that this may be dangerously close to the original topic of this thread.

Yeah, its great to hear that she improved on the poor insulation by adding foam and even accounted for the poor wrkmanship by filling the gaps as well.

I'm not sure if this was a preemptive strike against the inevitble higher than necessary energy bill or whther the spa's poor insulation reared it's ugly head but it was a wise move.

Roger, you are member #8! You have been here for almost 3 years making 2 posts per day!

In the near future, where the money will be made is not in selling the Spas, but in servicing them. The spa I wanted was 13,00$, and I got the guy down to 11,500 and a top-lift (that was in July). In September the same spa was at the same dealer WITH the lift for 9000!!! That made me really mad! IF I would have bought it... I would have been pissed off! So when the delivery truck came to drop off my Infinity tub, it was actually a FULL semi-trailer unit and it had 14 CostCo tubs in it. All 14 tubs were being delivered in my side of town all within 5 miles of each other. Thats 14 tubs the dealers were not able to sell, because they are charging too much. Dealers are not "ripping people off", they are just have not realized the market has changed and they must adjust their prices.

When I fill the tub and hooked it up, one pump didn't work, so I called Infinity. They gave me a # of a dealer to call, and they were FANTASTIC, they came on a Friday night at 7pm to fix it!!! So I guess I have dealer support after all :)

OK - I gotta ring in here - my Infinity spa sits in the garage - tomorrow we move the spa to the deck, wire up and go. I have had a spa that came with the house. It must have been (no one knows) 20 years old. I have replaced everything except the control box and have re-fiberglassed the filter well, replaced the main plumbing, motor, etc. I am so damn glad to be out of the maintenance business, impressed with the infinity's dual motors and ozinator, 220v which means I heat to 104 in 8 hours instead of 30 in the winter, a bazillion jets (but really, I'm a soaker), the foam insulation around the tub itself and the overall construction quality.

I wanna make three points here; one, I bought it from Costco, yes, dreaded, big-box Costco. Know what?? Infinity and Costco really helped us to buy this model when it became available, make it easy to track the shipment, and to make sure it arrived.

Point two is, although I guess if it didn't work I could take it back to the store and jam it where the sun never shines my local spa folks, the ones that have supported me for 10 years and replaced my top head unit, sold me chemicals and motors and heaters and all, really want to help get this one going and they provide support for Infinity. They do sell spas, bazillion dollar spas, but I'm guaranteed money; filters, chemicals, the smell good froo-froo crap my wife likes in the water, and they are all over helping.

Point three? 220v at 50 amps.....that's going to be serious money per month to operate over 110v at 20 but I so don't care.........in for a penny, if you want a soak every night and the spa is just part of your life then you spend what you spend. I'd love for the government to rate spas like they do furnaces but until then no amount of bickering on this forum is going to establish a baseline for efficiency. Finally, my total going in, delivered?? 4K.....

Apparently there are ton of folks that went to the home show and bit the big one in one form or another. They are now on this forum alternatively listing all the things that are wrong with their tub and bashing folks that took a less costly path. I'm truly sorry for their frustration and loss but this place should be about info, good practices, and helping others. Let's elevate the discourse. Something goes wrong I'll tell you all.

OK - I gotta ring in here - my Infinity spa sits in the garage - tomorrow we move the spa to the deck, wire up and go. I have had a spa that came with the house. It must have been (no one knows) 20 years old. I have replaced everything except the control box and have re-fiberglassed the filter well, replaced the main plumbing, motor, etc. I am so damn glad to be out of the maintenance business, impressed with the infinity's dual motors and ozinator, 220v which means I heat to 104 in 8 hours instead of 30 in the winter, a bazillion jets (but really, I'm a soaker), the foam insulation around the tub itself and the overall construction quality.

I wanna make three points here; one, I bought it from Costco, yes, dreaded, big-box Costco. Know what?? Infinity and Costco really helped us to buy this model when it became available, make it easy to track the shipment, and to make sure it arrived.

Point two is, although I guess if it didn't work I could take it back to the store and jam it where the sun never shines my local spa folks, the ones that have supported me for 10 years and replaced my top head unit, sold me chemicals and motors and heaters and all, really want to help get this one going and they provide support for Infinity. They do sell spas, bazillion dollar spas, but I'm guaranteed money; filters, chemicals, the smell good froo-froo crap my wife likes in the water, and they are all over helping.

Point three? 220v at 50 amps.....that's going to be serious money per month to operate over 110v at 20 but I so don't care.........in for a penny, if you want a soak every night and the spa is just part of your life then you spend what you spend. I'd love for the government to rate spas like they do furnaces but until then no amount of bickering on this forum is going to establish a baseline for efficiency. Finally, my total going in, delivered?? 4K.....

Apparently there are ton of folks that went to the home show and bit the big one in one form or another. They are now on this forum alternatively listing all the things that are wrong with their tub and bashing folks that took a less costly path. I'm truly sorry for their frustration and loss but this place should be about info, good practices, and helping others. Let's elevate the discourse. Something goes wrong I'll tell you all.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Good luck. Happy tubbing

..and even accounted for the poor wrkmanship by filling the gaps as well.

I, like Sandi, purchased an Infinity spa. I, too, have a gap between the lip of the shell and the exterior panels. This gap isn't poor workmanship, but is how the spa was designed. When you close a door, there is a gap between the door and the jamb. If the gap is small and consistent around the entire door, it is not considered poor workmanship. It's just how the door is designed.

We could definitely debate whether it is the most energy efficient design, but regarding workmanship, I was very impressed by the workmanship of my spa. The exterior panels fit up and under the overhanging lip. The "gap" between the lip and the panels is consistent around the tub and is about 1/4". Anything smaller, and there would be enough room to fit a panel.

Regards,

Ken

..and even accounted for the poor wrkmanship by filling the gaps as well.

I, like Sandi, purchased an Infinity spa. I, too, have a gap between the lip of the shell and the exterior panels. This gap isn't poor workmanship, but is how the spa was designed. When you close a door, there is a gap between the door and the jamb. If the gap is small and consistent around the entire door, it is not considered poor workmanship. It's just how the door is designed.

We could definitely debate whether it is the most energy efficient design, but regarding workmanship, I was very impressed by the workmanship of my spa. The exterior panels fit up and under the overhanging lip. The "gap" between the lip and the panels is consistent around the tub and is about 1/4". Anything smaller, and there would be enough room to fit a panel.

Regards,

Ken

Vey well said Ken! Everyone here can surmise it is a poorly built spa but the gap is to consistent on every spa, Hydrospa also incorporates a gap under the lip of the spa shell and advise against stuffing foam in it to avoid the cabinet overheating the equipment. I did fill my gap with the foam all around except directly over the front access panel where the equipment bay is to allow air exchange in the summer but seal it all the way up in the winter.

• 2 weeks later...

Because I know you are waiting on the edge of your seats (kidding) tub in, wired and fired. Second pump sucked air, took out the plug (well, not all the way) until water shot up my arm and good to go. It exceeds my expectations, quiet, short heat cycle at night (3-5 minutes per hour) with 35 ambient, major jets (ok, I'm a newbie to jets but my girlfriend wants to name at least two of them; Raul and Julio), and when everything is stirring (both pumps on, waterfall cascading, etc, etc) the temp drops from 105 to 103 and holds until I'm frog-boy. Whoo Hoo. The best part is that I screwed the side panel back on and will measure this buying experience in how many months until I have to take it off again. Thanks Infinity, and thanks Costco. - jrt

• 5 weeks later...

I have an Infinity spa.. I find that the worst spot for heat loss would be directly in front of the touch pad on the upper part of the skirt under the lip. There is nothing for the skirt or insulation to attach to which results in major heat loss.. I can also see snow though the skirt from the inside out all the way around.. I have major heat loss from the middle of the cover on the two sides resulting in ice build up and also on the child proof straps. The Sub Zero insulation was short all the way around the tub. It looks like it was cut with a dull pair of scissors. Spray foam was missing on the underside of every part of the tub.. I have lots of work to do...... The company is sending me new insulation, a new cover, and spray foam and as of now are very understanding of my problems... Im quite impressed with the service as of now but not impressed with the insulating of the tub..... Will keep you posted of the progress..

I would like to hear from people who have the Costco Infinity Sun Peak. How is it doing? How is your electric bill? Any concerns? I know one owner posted that her electric bill was sky-high since she hooked it up. Please respond so I can get some first hand reviews. Thank you!!

Purchased Infinity Spa Aug. 3rd, 07, biggest mistake I ever made. I have 3 jets I can't open, called for warrenty service in Aug problem still not resolved. My oct. electric bill, ( wich I received mid Nov. ) was $60+ avg monthly temp 48 deg. needless to say I drained it before Thanksgiving. Tub is poorley insulated, maby 1/4 in of spray foam on shell and that's all. Stay away from Infinity Spas!!!!!!! Product is CHEAP! Service is WORSE.

I would like to hear from people who have the Costco Infinity Sun Peak. How is it doing? How is your electric bill? Any concerns? I know one owner posted that her electric bill was sky-high since she hooked it up. Please respond so I can get some first hand reviews. Thank you!!

Purchased Infinity Spa Aug. 3rd, 07, biggest mistake I ever made. I have 3 jets I can't open, called for warrenty service in Aug problem still not resolved. My oct. electric bill, ( wich I received mid Nov. ) was $60+ avg monthly temp 48 deg. needless to say I drained it before Thanksgiving. Tub is poorley insulated, maby 1/4 in of spray foam on shell and that's all. Stay away from Infinity Spas!!!!!!! Product is CHEAP! Service is WORSE.

What has happened with your service call? As for the electrical usage, what us the killowatt cost in your area?

When you buy them they are about 3 grand less than a high end tub. You get what you pay for.

Roger,

When you buy them they are about 3 grand less than a high end tub. You get what you pay for.

Soakerman,

What has happened with your service call? As for the electrical usage, what us the killowatt cost in your area?

The tub cost $2500, should have spent the extra $1000 - $1500 dollars, at least I know that it is money well spent. as far as the service call nothing has hapened, the tub is drained for winter, Infinity Spas service center said they would send replacement jet inserts before Thanksgiving, don't have nothing yet. As I was saying their service is LOUSEY!!! As for KW cost in my area it don't matter, my AC and heat were off at that time and still the powerbill was $60 higher.

Roger,

Soakerman,

The tub cost $2500, should have spent the extra $1000 - $1500 dollars, at least I know that it is money well spent. as far as the service call nothing has hapened, the tub is drained for winter, Infinity Spas service center said they would send replacement jet inserts before Thanksgiving, don't have nothing yet. As I was saying their service is LOUSEY!!! As for KW cost in my area it don't matter, my AC and heat were off at that time and still the powerbill was $60 higher.

Carpenter, what model do you have? Have you informed Infinity about the poor service that you are getting? If not they need to know because they contract with your local spa stores for service and perhaps they need to change services in your area. We only had some minor issues when we first got our Sun Peak and Infinity was right on it.

Hi, sorry you are having a bad experience with your tub. I just wanted to clarify something. In this post you mentioned that the average monthly temp. was 48 degrees but in another post you mentioned that your heat was off during this period. Either one of those is a typo or you really need a hot tub so you can soak in it to warm up. :)

I wish I could say I'm surprised by the quality issues or lack of insulating properties of the spa but your story has been repeated numerous times. Keep pushing on getting the parts you need but when you get it up and going again you need to look into insulating it better (even if winter is over) as those spas are not known for being energy efficient and you should be able to remedy some of those issues yourself (search this site for many others with similar insulation issues on that type spa and how they worked to reduce it).