Infinity Owners

Wanna a tub

I'm not sure if i'm not doing something right or if there is a problem with the heater. It was wired up on thursday. After the temp. got to 100 then I changed it to 90 degrees setting, F2, Ec. It got down to 93 overnight and then started back up again to 97. I added some cold water to it today and the temp was showing 95 shortly after but then jumped back up to 97. I now changed it to 80 degrees, still at F2, & Ec but it is still showing 97. Any ideas? Also, I put in our pool temperature thermometer and that says 102 !

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if i'm not doing something right or if there is a problem with the heater. It was wired up on thursday. After the temp. got to 100 then I changed it to 90 degrees setting, F2, Ec. It got down to 93 overnight and then started back up again to 97. I added some cold water to it today and the temp was showing 95 shortly after but then jumped back up to 97. I now changed it to 80 degrees, still at F2, & Ec but it is still showing 97. Any ideas? Also, I put in our pool temperature thermometer and that says 102 !

These tubs don't cool the water - they only heat the water. If the water was at 97 degrees, the outside air temperature was 97 degrees, and you changed the set temperature to 80 degrees, the water won't cool down. The Philadelphia area has been experiencing a heat-wave over the last few days.

Even if the outside air temperature drops to 80 degrees, it will take several hours for the tub's water to drop even a few degrees in temperature.

This is common to all spas.

Also, because the motors generate heat when they are filtering, during filter cycles the heat generated from the motors is retained in the water. Even if the heater isn't on, it isn't unusual that if the ambient air temperature is high, that the water temp will rise a degree or two during filter cycles.

Regards,

Ken

These tubs don't cool the water - they only heat the water. If the water was at 97 degrees, the outside air temperature was 97 degrees, and you changed the set temperature to 80 degrees, the water won't cool down. The Philadelphia area has been experiencing a heat-wave over the last few days.

Even if the outside air temperature drops to 80 degrees, it will take several hours for the tub's water to drop even a few degrees in temperature.

Also, because the motors generate heat when they are filtering, during filter cycles the heat generated from the motors is retained in the water. Even if the heater isn't on, it isn't unusual that if the ambient air temperature is high, that the water temp will rise a degree or two during filter cycles.

Regards,

Ken

Thanks Ken :)

Regards,

Ken

Try running your blower with the cover propped (some use tennis balles in the corners). It removes the air from the equipment compartment and blows it through the water. It’s kind of like sticking a straw in hot soup and blowing. Don't use it in wintertime; you don't want that effect then!!

Last Friday night, our Sunpeak was working fine (have had it for 10 months). Sunday night, we lifted the lid - no power... Called Infinity customer service back on Tuesday and the guy has ordered us a new spa pack. He said we would hear from the repair guy within 72 hours, which we did. Repair guy is coming out on Wednesday... I'll report back on Wednesday and let everyone know how the repair goes.

Sandi

Our Sunpeak was repaired as scheduled yesterday. We suspect that the control pack was fried by a power surge during a thunderstorm. The new control pack was shipped right to our house with a return postage label in the box for us to send the dead control pack back to Infinity in TN. I arrived home from work just as the repair guy was writing up the ticket so I didn't see him do the repair, but I noticed that the spa was only 1/2 filled and I asked him how the job went. He said that our spa was assembled with a cut-off valve on just 1 side of the control pack rather than on both sides. As a result, when he disconnected the old control pack, water from the spa came pouring out until he was able to get the new box in place! What a pain that must have been! I have contacted Laura Brown at Infinity to initiate the process of getting the mistake corrected. We shouldn't have to drain the spa for repairs to happen down the line. Another example of less-than-stellar quality control on the assembly of these spas but I was very satisfied with the customer service.

Sandi

Try running your blower with the cover propped (some use tennis balles in the corners). It removes the air from the equipment compartment and blows it through the water. It’s kind of like sticking a straw in hot soup and blowing. Don't use it in wintertime; you don't want that effect then!!

Thanks for the idea! :)

The water temp. today is down to 92 degrees. Feels much better then at 97!

Our Sunpeak was repaired as scheduled yesterday. We suspect that the control pack was fried by a power surge during a thunderstorm. The new control pack was shipped right to our house with a return postage label in the box for us to send the dead control pack back to Infinity in TN. I arrived home from work just as the repair guy was writing up the ticket so I didn't see him do the repair, but I noticed that the spa was only 1/2 filled and I asked him how the job went. He said that our spa was assembled with a cut-off valve on just 1 side of the control pack rather than on both sides. As a result, when he disconnected the old control pack, water from the spa came pouring out until he was able to get the new box in place! What a pain that must have been! I have contacted Laura Brown at Infinity to initiate the process of getting the mistake corrected. We shouldn't have to drain the spa for repairs to happen down the line. Another example of less-than-stellar quality control on the assembly of these spas but I was very satisfied with the customer service.

Sandi

That's good to hear it got fixed quickly. :)

My tub has 2 cut-off valves in it. Hope Laura gets it taken care of for you. Keep us updated.

Look again....my Sun Peak has 4 gate slice valves......

2 gate valves for Pump # 2 ( one on inbound & one on outbound side of pump ).........

1 valve on outbound side of the heater

1 on inbound side of Pump # 1 ( between filter & Pump # 1 )

This configuration makes for easy replacement of Pump # 1, Pump #2, or the heater or control pack assembly.....if the need arises....

Most spas have these .....but as maufacturers try to cut costs...some of them may be eliminated...

Jeff

Look again....my Sun Peak has 4 gate slice valves......

2 gate valves for Pump # 2 ( one on inbound & one on outbound side of pump ).........

1 valve on outbound side of the heater

1 on inbound side of Pump # 1 ( bewtween filter & Pump # 1 )

This configuration makes for easy replacement of Pump # 1, Pump #2, or the heater or control pack assembly.....if the need arises....

Better quality spas have these.....but as maufacturers try to cut costs...some of them may be eliminated...

Jeff

Hmmm...i don't know if i have more then 2 or not then. When the tech was out to fix the problems then I asked him where the cut off valves were at. He said I wouldn't need to worry about that since if there was ever a problem then I would just call for service, however he did show them to me and said they were called slice valves. He only pointed out 2. Maybe I do have more but he didn't take the time to show me...i dont know.

Slice Valves...gate valves....same thing.....I will send a pic later of where mine are located....

slicevalves.jpg

Jeff,

Thanks for posting the picture. We may have the 2 slice valves all the way on the left side of the spa - I didn't look for any there and the front panel of the cabinet has been screwed back on. But we DEFINITELY don't have the one that is to the right of the control pack, only the one on the left side. Have not gotten a response to my emails to Infinity about correcting the problem but it's only been a day.

Sandi

Slice Valves...gate valves....same thing.....I will send a pic later of where mine are located....

slicevalves.jpg

Jeff,

Thanks for posting the picture. We may have the 2 slice valves all the way on the left side of the spa - I didn't look for any there and the front panel of the cabinet has been screwed back on. But we DEFINITELY don't have the one that is to the right of the control pack, only the one on the left side. Have not gotten a response to my emails to Infinity about correcting the problem but it's only been a day.

Sandi

While I had the side panel off today i checked and did find 4 slice valves total. Thanks for your pic.....great help! thanks!

One thing I havn't noticed where it is on the tub yet is the drain valve.

The drain valve is the little skinny hose wrapped around the filter....look & you shall see....

draining by a garden hose will take about 10 hrs....pain in the ass....

I bought a 3,300 gpm submersible pump & a 50 ft hose to drain my pool from time to time......

It drains my spa in 10 minutes....that's the way to go if you don't want to wait for hours on end.

drainhose.jpg

The drain valve is the little skinny hose wrapped around the filter....look & you shall see....

draining by a garden hose will take about 10 hrs....pain in the ass....

I bought a 3,300 gpm submersible pump & a 50 ft hose to drain my pool from time to time......

It drains my spa in 10 minutes....that's the way to go if you don't want to wait for hours on end.

drainhose.jpg

Jeff,

When we did our first drain and refill, we decided to connect a piece of garden house and run it out to our side lot and just see how long it took for the tub to drain. We opened the drain in the morning, did some things around the house, and checked back in about 4-5 hours. The water was drained aside from in the footwell - we just used a shop vac to get that out. It was a lot faster than I expected. Based on that, we didn't even spend the money for a pump.

Sandi

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I would like to hear from people who have the Costco Infinity Sun Peak. How is it doing? How is your electric bill? Any concerns? I know one owner posted that her electric bill was sky-high since she hooked it up. Please respond so I can get some first hand reviews. Thank you!!

We have had our Infinity Sunpeak spa from Costco for just over a year. We paid $2999 for the spa, $75 cash to the delivery guys to get them to move it from the curb to our back yard, and $680 for the electric hook-up. As objectively-presented as possible, here is a summary of our first year of ownership.

1. When the spa was delivered last July, we had 1 jet that kept popping out. I called Infinity customer service (then in TN) and had a new jet in 3-4 days.

2. In early November, we added 2 inch thick rigid foam insulation panels (purchased at Lowes) to all 4 sides of the spa, cut to fit between the framing, and then restapled the reflectix wrap before putting the cabinet panels back on. This took us about 8 hours to do and cost about $60. We also bought a floating blanket for $40. Having done that, our best estimate is that the spa added about $30 - $40 to our electric bill during the winter. We live in an area where winter temps are usually no lower than 25-30 degrees F and the spa is used an average of twice a week for about 45 minutes each time. We keep the spa in economy mode with the filter cycle set on F2 and we usually use the spa while it is in the filter cycle in the evening so it's already heating the water anyway and we don't have to switch to standard mode. We keep the temp set at 101 in the winter and at 97 in the summer.

3. In early June, we discovered the spa was not working. I called customer service (then in TX) and the customer service rep. suggested first replacing a fuse in the control pack (he told me exactly which fuse to take out and how many amps it was for buying a replacement). When the spa still didn't work after replacing the fuse, I called again. The customer service rep. asked if we had had any strong thunder storms (which we had) and suggested that a power surge had probably damaged the control pack. He shipped a new control pack to the house and contacted a repair place to remove the damaged control pack and put in the new one. The repair took 8 days from the date of my first call - no charge to me.

4. Average "on hold" time when calling Infinity customer service has been 15-20 minutes but once a person comes on the line, they have handled problems efficiently.

5. As for water maintenance, we use dichlor when we first change the water and then switch to bleach after about 2 weeks. We shock about every 2 weeks with MPS. Only 2 adults using the spa most of the time. We have had no water issues.

I will refrain from giving opinions other than to say that we are happy with the spa.

Sandi