Infinity Owners

Wanna a tub

Another question I have though is we went to our local spa dealer to get chemicals. They recommended using chlorine instead of the Bromine Tablets.

They told us that Bromine has chlorine in it anyways, and they feel that chlorine works better. What have you been using?

Yes, the bromine tabs do contain chlorine (probably around 25%).

Opinions differ but I certainly prefer chlorine. You add it after you exit the spa (about 1 teaspoon per person and shock weekly with MPS). It sanitizes but then dissipates by the next day so the water stays clean/clear but you don’t feel like you’re bathing in chlorine. With bromine, you get a constant level of bromine and chlorine which works to sanitize but gives me the feeling of sitting in a "bromine soup".

To each his own!!

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We bought our Infinity Sun Peak on May 4th and live in Fresno, CA and havent heard anything. After reading all these posts good and bad, I am abnoxiously anxious to see whats missing or broken or if it will be just fine. Please let us know when you get yours as I am dying to see what you think.

P.S. I can't believe you are getting yours already. That is just great. I hope maybe ours is on your truck and we get ours this weekend too.

Thanks

We bought our Infinity Sun Peak on May 4th and live in Fresno, CA and havent heard anything. After reading all these posts good and bad, I am abnoxiously anxious to see whats missing or broken or if it will be just fine. Please let us know when you get yours as I am dying to see what you think.

P.S. I can't believe you are getting yours already. That is just great. I hope maybe ours is on your truck and we get ours this weekend too.

Thanks

Spa arrived at 3:00 PM today & placed on cement pad in backyard ---- total run of 100ft....2 spa delivery guys had it in place in 20 minutes.....straight run to backyard......cost $100.00 ----well worth...these guys have it down toa science.....right equipment too.....

I took pics of spa outside & inside......The only foam insulation on these Infinity Sun Peaks Spas are in the 4 top corners & at the bottom in the middle of the tub.... for support purposes only....other than that there is no high density foam insulation on these tubs......

If you are looking for full foam insulated tubs or a tub with more insulation, than these are not the tub for you.....

As I live in Southen Ca ( San Diego ) I am not that concerned about the insulation factor at this point...I will see what the electricity usage is over the next couple of months & make a determination later whether to self insulate.......

As all 4 panels come off rather easily, self-insulating would be easy.....

I have taken some pics outside & inside & will post in my next reply....

Jeff

Yes you can post photos.... When you click "add reply" click on the little button below "fonts" that is for "Insert Image"

It will ask you for the URL of where the image is hosted. You can host photos etc for free somewhere like Windows Live Spaces or Flickr etc....

Looking forward to seeing the photos inside and out!

Yes... please share pictures....

I am so excited!!

We thougth we missed the sale... then it reppeared... and we ordered on May 2....

Can't wait to get our call!!!!

Do they give you a choice of dates for delivery??? As i work, i will need to take a day off.

I believe someone also got an evening delivery... did you ask for that??

We are all excited......YAY!!

Soon to be joining the "infinity club"

Can one not post pics on this forum ??? I am new to this forum....

Sorry, but I don't see where to pics ? I am asuuming that this forum does not allow post of pictures....

Whenever any newbie asks this question, please direct them to the Forum Introduction section called

How to post images

I am so excited!!

We thougth we missed the sale... then it reppeared... and we ordered on May 2....

Do they give you a choice of dates for delivery??? As i work, i will need to take a day off.

We ordered on 4/4 and it's to be delivered tomorrow .....FINALLY! I still can't believe it took them almost 7 weeks!

He didn't ask me when delivery would work best...he said thursday in the afternoon and I said fine.

A month ago when I talked to the shipper then he said 100 to place the tub. When he called yesterday to tell me delivery would be on thurday then he asked me again how far from the driveway would the tub go. I told him 8 foot and he quoted 100 again. It sounds like each shipper is different. Some are getting it placed cheaper and some more. I don't know how they determine it. My husband thought 100 was quite expensive, considering they only need to move it 8 foot but it will save our backs so I guess it's worth it.

For 8 ft, I would pay them nothing.....it will take them 8 ft just to get it off the truck...Sounds like they should place your spa for free......

Yea have them park right in the flower bed and toss it over the hedge!!

I am so excited!!

We ordered on 4/4 and it's to be delivered tomorrow .....FINALLY! I still can't believe it took them almost 7 weeks!

He didn't ask me when delivery would work best...he said thursday in the afternoon and I said fine.

A month ago when I talked to the shipper then he said 100 to place the tub. When he called yesterday to tell me delivery would be on thurday then he asked me again how far from the driveway would the tub go. I told him 8 foot and he quoted 100 again. It sounds like each shipper is different. Some are getting it placed cheaper and some more. I don't know how they determine it. My husband thought 100 was quite expensive, considering they only need to move it 8 foot but it will save our backs so I guess it's worth it.

my husband thinks it depends where the location & state... where are you located??

Thanks for the pics "Five" our spa was not on the truck, unfortunately. I'm glad to hear your spa was at least in one piece and complete no missing headrests or filters cover etc. I am sorry to hear about your pump, did you have any issues with customer service in trying to resolve the issue?

Thanks..

Missy

It finally arrived! They didn't have to move it 8 foot after all! They backed the trailer right up to our pad (parking diagnally) and slid it off w/ my husband helping. We still had to pay $100 even w/ my husband saying...gee that's kinda high, considering I'm helping and it's coming right off the truck onto the pad. They wouldn't budge at all. I wouldn't expect them to do it for free...however, thought $50 would've been more appropriate.

There was no manual so I contacted infinity and they're sending us one.

The jets are suppossed to be stainless, however they look like they're plastic. Can anyone confirm if they are really stainless or plastic?

It arrived uncovered, few inches of water, & ALOT of dirt. I think it's crappy for them to drive with my tub uncovered in the sunlight (one and a half hours away from their distribution center)...considering isn't it true that damage can occur when the tub is empty and in sunlight?

Now to get it wired up. :)

spamom: to answer your question, i live in PA

It arrived uncovered, few inches of water, & ALOT of dirt. I think it's crappy for them to drive with my tub uncovered in the sunlight (one and a half hours away from their distribution center)...considering isn't it true that damage can occur when the tub is empty and in sunlight?

That is shameful that they would ship it that way. It should come with packaging covering the top but even so, how difficult is it to just put a tarp over it for the drive? The sun can definitely damage it and 1½ hrs of sunlight is more than enough to do so but its not a given that it will so just monitor it for blistering over time down in the lower half of the spa. The problem is the damage doesn't show immediately, it takes time to show itself. I would definitely somehow note that to Infinity in case you have issues down the line (it would have been wise to note it on the invoice I assume you signed upon delivery).

I call Costco to log a report or complaint as the what the product details say on their website vs what Infinity is shipping with regards to their Sun Peak spa....

3 things noted....

1. high density foam insulation - non existent except for 4 top corners & bottom of tub - for support purposes only I guess

2. Master massage jet: 1 ( stainless ) - my spa has a jet similar to the other 45 jets - the master massage jet I believe has about 10 or so different holes in the jet & is a very powerful jet

3. 5.5 kw heater - my spa contains a 4.0kw heater....

I received a call back today from Dave ( responsible buyer of these spas for Costco ). I was impressed with their professionalism as to troubleshooting of this potential problem.... He indicated that he has placed a call to the President of Infinity Spas to discuss the product details with what is advertised on their website.... The president is currently in Canada & will be back on Monday to discuss with Costco....

Dave indicated he would get back to me with regards to their conversation when they have it...

Very impressed with Costco's response time on this.....They will stand behind their products...

jennifer57,

With any spa manufacturer, when they mean stainless jets, they are referring to stainless steel covers on the jets, the entire jets are not stainless.....

Headrests, filter, & manual are located inside spa...remove front panel...panel below the console ( 8 screws to remove ).

$ 80 still sounds high for placement.....Where do you live ? Costco policy was curbside delivery.....

Sounds like they didnt have to manuver hardly at all to place your spa......

I guess they were looking for a quick buck...

One more thing I see after examining the internal guts of this Infinity Sun Peak Spa.....

the 2 Pumps are not GE Pumps......they are made by Marathon Electric.....

Marathon Electric is part of the Regal Beloit family of companies.

I will discuss this with the Costco Buyer as well...

Lets see:

1. No high density foam insulation

2. No Master Massage Jet

3. 4.0kw heater instead of a 5.5kw heater

4. 2 Marathon Electric pumps instead of 2 GE Pumps

Something is not right here....Coscto & Infinty have some explaining to do...... I will investigate this further & let you know the results.....

I am not pissed but just want to know why the advertisement on Costco's website says one thing & Infinity Spa - Texas Division ( A.k.a. - Keys Backyard ) is shipping something else....

Jeff

San Diego, CA