Open Pores

luke

My concrete pool(6 months) is showing some open pores at the bottom of the surface. I have been diligent with the application of chemicals, clorox and ph balance. Am I missing something. Also, what should the increment in my electric bill be on a 14x26 aprox. 10,000 gallon pool with a 2hp hayward pump running for 4 hrs. daily, considering 2 sam lights which I occasionally turn on. Thanks?

• 3 weeks later...
My concrete pool(6 months) is showing some open pores at the bottom of the surface. I have been diligent with the application of chemicals, clorox and ph balance. Am I missing something. Also, what should the increment in my electric bill be on a 14x26 aprox. 10,000 gallon pool with a 2hp hayward pump running for 4 hrs. daily, considering 2 sam lights which I occasionally turn on. Thanks?

Open Pores:

This is serious and if this happens only after six months it should be covered by the installer's warranty which usually spans 2 to 10 years depending on the type you have (plaster, pebble tek, hydrazzo).

Energy:

Not sure how where you live and how much electricity costs in your area. Here are my data:

I have noticed that when I am away from home and the only stuff running are the fridge, TVs, videos etc on stand-by, zero gas consumption and the Pool filter and cleaner.

I live in Northern CA

Pool = 35,000 gallons

Pump is Sta-Rite 2hp

Booster Pump is Hayward 3/4hp

When running the main pump for 7 hrs and the Booster pump for the Pool Sweeper for 4 hrs PG&E bill (Gas and Electric) is $150

Winter time that I reduce main pump running time to 3 or 4 hours, booster pump to 2.5 hrs and all other things being equal, PG&E bill is around $100.

This should give you an idea.