Replacing In Ground Spa?

rkruz

I have a 25 year old in ground kidney sort of shape, plastic shell spa in my backyard. It has external pump and heater.

Its old and stained and the heater doesnt work any longer. Its placed in a concrete patio.

I was wondering about replacing it with a premade shell, knowing I wont find the same shape. I could modifiy and removed some of the patio cement to accommodate a different size/shape and would replace the pump/heater. Nice thing is its plumbed already.

Any experience with this sort of thing or recommendations? An desperate alternative is to remove it and put in a fish pond in the same shape.

Maybe its even more economical in this case to have a cust spa built?

Any thoughts appreciated.

thanks!

I have a 25 year old in ground kidney sort of shape, plastic shell spa in my backyard. It has external pump and heater.

Its old and stained and the heater doesnt work any longer. Its placed in a concrete patio.

I was wondering about replacing it with a premade shell, knowing I wont find the same shape. I could modifiy and removed some of the patio cement to accommodate a different size/shape and would replace the pump/heater. Nice thing is its plumbed already.

Any experience with this sort of thing or recommendations? An desperate alternative is to remove it and put in a fish pond in the same shape.

Maybe its even more economical in this case to have a cust spa built?

Any thoughts appreciated.

thanks!

Give "Bradford spas" a call or find out there number from a yahoo search and speak to one of the reps. They have alot of knowledge with that matter.

Ditto on the Bradford spa. Also a local gunite pool builder can custom make what you're looking for. Here in CT, you could easily pitch $35,000 at the idea. Most portable spa dealers do not have much experience with inground shells. Check also with fiberglass pool makers like Viking, San Juan, they make spa shells and usually a vinyl liner pool builder near you would install it. good luck.

Ditto on the Bradford spa. Also a local gunite pool builder can custom make what you're looking for. Here in CT, you could easily pitch $35,000 at the idea. Most portable spa dealers do not have much experience with inground shells. Check also with fiberglass pool makers like Viking, San Juan, they make spa shells and usually a vinyl liner pool builder near you would install it. good luck.

OK thank you