Hot Springs Vs. Marquis Hot Tub ?

Patty

My husband and I are going next week to buy a hot tub. We are trying to decide between the Hot Spring (Vanguard) or the Marquis (Destiny). We use to have a Hot Spring and were very happy with it. Does anyone have any comments on the Marquis to help with our decision?

My husband and I are going next week to buy a hot tub. We are trying to decide between the Hot Spring (Vanguard) or the Marquis (Destiny). We use to have a Hot Spring and were very happy with it. Does anyone have any comments on the Marquis to help with our decision?

I'll bet anything you get some people here that own/sell HS who will say they're great and you should stick with what's worked for you. Others who own/sell Marquis will say they're great and you should give them a try. In reality they're both quality spa makers so I'm not sure what anyone here can say to sway you. Do you have any specific questions about features? Are you satisfied that both dealers will be good to you over the years? You want this to last you 10+ yrs, take your time.

I'll bet anything you get some people here that own/sell HS who will say they're great and you should stick with what's worked for you. Others who own/sell Marquis will say they're great and you should give them a try. In reality they're both quality spa makers so I'm not sure what anyone here can say to sway you. Do you have any specific questions about features? Are you satisfied that both dealers will be good to you over the years? You want this to last you 10+ yrs, take your time.

I sell HotSpring, Marquis is a good spa. Hotspring has a circ pump, Marquis does not, do you need a circ pump? there is a little thread on that issue in this forum.

You are looking at two of better/best tubs around and it is not so much that the tubs are head shoulders above others but the company's who make them stand tall in the industry for doing the right thing for thier customers after the sale, and that really matters. I am much more familiar with the Marquis and I can share that from a therapy standpoint when utilizing the the tri zone and the hk40's jets they are extremely comfortable and do a great job of giving you therapy that you can feel after your out of the spa. If possible you need to wet test both and see what feels best to you.

When we owned our last Hot Springs tub, my husband and I were always wanting different jets on. We had to take turns with what jets we turned on. He had his favorite jets and I had mine. Does anyone know if the Marquis allows all the jets to be turned on at the same time?

We like having a circulation pump. There are always going to be things you like and dislike about each brand. I hear you guys....Wet test is important. Thanks for all the good input.

When we owned our last Hot Springs tub, my husband and I were always wanting different jets on. We had to take turns with what jets we turned on. He had his favorite jets and I had mine. Does anyone know if the Marquis allows all the jets to be turned on at the same time?

We like having a circulation pump. There are always going to be things you like and dislike about each brand. I hear you guys....Wet test is important. Thanks for all the good input.

With the Marquis you can have jets running in every seat and depending on the model every jet running all at the same time. but the spa is divided into 2 sections and each section can move water within that section or zone if you perfer. So if your husband is on one side and you on the other you each manage and customize the therapy that you like best without it effecting your partner

Both are very fine spas, you couldn't go wrong with either one. Just a small bit of info with the Marquis you get some added features like remote control and spa monitor included in the base price. My friend has had a Reward for 4 months and is very happy with it, but has not used these added features that he was so excited about initially. The spa monitor is still in the factory box. The exterior step light is a nice feature that is used frequently. The Marquis seems to have nice fit and finish and is very quiet during operation. The Vanguard on the other hand may not have the apparent extra bells and whistles, but has all the right stuff needed and these nice features not found on the Marquis (24 hour circ pump injecting ozone and those nice dual moto-massage jets). Regardless of which one you choose you will have a great spa.

With the Marquis you can have jets running in every seat and depending on the model every jet running all at the same time. but the spa is divided into 2 sections and each section can move water within that section or zone if you perfer. So if your husband is on one side and you on the other you each manage and customize the therapy that you like best without it effecting your partner

but it's only some of teh jets on at any one time. Correct?

but it's only some of teh jets on at any one time. Correct?

I am not sure I understand what you are asking. Depending on the Model you can have every jet on at the same time. With those seats that have the "tri Zone" every seat will have jets that operate at the same time but than within those seats there are the Marquis "Hi Flow" Hk 40 jets that allow you to isolate muscle groups and work them one at a time for a deeper massage.

We have also been told we should consider the Caldera, as it is a combination of the Hot Springs and the Marquis. The powerful 2 pumps plus a circulation pump. The only bad thing I can see is it only uses 1 filter.

We have also been told we should consider the Caldera, as it is a combination of the Hot Springs and the Marquis. The powerful 2 pumps plus a circulation pump. The only bad thing I can see is it only uses 1 filter.

I wouldn't call it a "combination" but I suspect you'll find it to be unique to the two you'd mentioned, similar in some ways to each and differnt altogether from either in other ways.

If a spa has one filter that itself is not alarming if it is sufficiently rated. IMO, one big filter is just as good as two small ones if they're about equal in filtering area so be careful that people don't term things in a way to get you to draw the conclusion they desire.

Well, we just finished buying our new spa. We ended up getting a Hot Spring Envoy. We saw it and loved it, we got it in the Champaign with exspesso color. We feel we got a really good price and can not wait. Problem is it could take 5 weeks, can't wait.

Well, we just finished buying our new spa. We ended up getting a Hot Spring Envoy. We saw it and loved it, we got it in the Champaign with exspesso color. We feel we got a really good price and can not wait. Problem is it could take 5 weeks, can't wait.

Congrats!! You have just purchased a GREAT spa!! Expect many years of happy tubbing ahead!!

I dont know if every other dealer is having a problem with there lead time but one of our customers tubs just came in after 6 weeks and it always took 2-4 weeks.