Help, I Need Stucco Or Masonry Surround, How Do I Build This?

jdevelop2

Build it with pressure treated 2 x 4's and plywood. Basically you will build 4 mini walls with 16" on centre studs sheet it with plywood then cover it with thin sheets of styro lay your scratch coat of thinset put on your mesh then do your final work. Be sure you build a hinge system for the wall that has the equipment so it can swing out.

Have you thought about challenging those restrictions? They seem awfully strict. If you have it in a nice setting perhaps you can get them to make an exception or relax that particular restriction.

Alternately, you could speak with your neighbors on either side of you- chances are they're the only ones who could see it anyway. If they don't care, perhaps you won't have to go through the hassle.

As a last note, my local Sundance dealer won all kinds of awards for a complicated installation similar to yours. They actually removed the spa pack from one of their models, & then built a stone surround for the spa. The spa pack was then located in a more accessible compartment nearby. I happened to see the installation at a local builder's show, and it did look great.