Deciding On Pool In Pa

We have never had a pool and are looking to buy one but there is so much info. out there. Our ground is very stable here and the water table is fine, so my question is, if you were me tell me what you would buy. I need to know everything and why. I need you all to help me to avoid all the pitfalls out there and have a pool we can enjoy for a long time. So start with construction to heaters to cleaners and filters, and everything inbetween. Thanks you in advance for your input!

We have never had a pool and are looking to buy one but there is so much info. out there. Our ground is very stable here and the water table is fine, so my question is, if you were me tell me what you would buy. I need to know everything and why. I need you all to help me to avoid all the pitfalls out there and have a pool we can enjoy for a long time. So start with construction to heaters to cleaners and filters, and everything inbetween. Thanks you in advance for your input!

Hi.

Are we talking about an inground pool, or an above?

What's your budget, what features are you looking for, do you have a size and shape in mind? It might be best to tell us what you think you want, and folks can help you understand some of the details.

Since you mention the water table, I suspect you are thinking about an in-ground?

Hi.

Are we talking about an inground pool, or an above?

What's your budget, what features are you looking for, do you have a size and shape in mind? It might be best to tell us what you think you want, and folks can help you understand some of the details.

Since you mention the water table, I suspect you are thinking about an in-ground?

There are some questions that only you yourself can answer. Like how is the pool going to be used? For swimming, relaxing, diving, playing, entertaining, etc. Will you be swimming at night? Do you want to use the pool earlier in the Spring and later in the Fall, or just during the Summer months? Etc, etc,.......

A pool is something really nice at home.

I do not know what to look in a pool or equipment. All I can tell you is that is a lot of work year round no matter what equipment you buy.

I am going to be honest a pool is something I am going to have for a long time since it gives fun to your home.

Baro ... sorry its lengthy --- but i love pools

here's some professional advice (and since you live in PA and I can't bid on your pool, here's professional unbiased advice) hehe

First, you're right --- there's a lot of information out there --- but simultaneously --- there is little information out there. It's a unique industry, I'll tell ya that.

Having a low water table and stable soil is good --- won't save you any money though, so don't think you're special ;)

In fact, be prepared (key word here: PREPARED) in case your excavator hits rock in the soil. This is, for the most part, unpredictable, and will add cost to your project. Some reputable, honest builders (YES we are out here) may even "eat" this cost (that's contractor talk for "I'm not going to charge you for this --- even though I should) if it's not too high. But they do not have to, nor should you expect them to.

As far as what type?? there's gunite (dry-mixed shotcrete), fiberglass, and vinyl. When PROPERLY built/installed, each three can provide a structure suitable for any soil condition. It really comes down to personal preference. I LOVE gunite because there is more freedom in the design (and construction). Personally, it suits my aesthetic tastes as well.

but vinyl and fiberglass are great too --- when properly installed.

As far as cost goes, please do not use "google" to answer this question. Cost will vary builder to builder and region to region. Cost differences between various companies within an area should be pretty tight. If they're not --- make sure you're always comparing apples to apples. I've lost out on bids because someone was comparing mine to another company's that were not even based on the same design!!! (didn't find this out till it was too late either :( )

hmm ... im not gonna bore you with whether or not to get a DE Filter or a Sand Filter (just get a DE Filter and thank me later)... don't worry about what type of pump to get. It's your builder's responsibility to provide you one that is properly sized. As for a heater ... hmm, this again is personal preference. Also --- saltwater systems are pretty cool !!!

OH!! one other thing. Get a Polaris and some type of chlorine generator (whether a chlorinator or saltwater system). Alotta people are still in the "old school" thought that pools are hard to maintain. With the cleaners and chlorinators --- you really should not be spending more than 1 hour per week on the pool (that includes checking chemicals daily). Chemical adjustments can be intimidating -- but its not that bad once you learn. Your builder (hopefully) should show you how to operate and maintain it upon completion.

last main thing is to read your contract. many people say that they "understand" --- when they have absolutely no clue in the world and they get pissed later. I can't speak for other companies, but my contracts are not intended to take advantage of my clients --- they are to protect me from my clients. In any event, if you're uncomfortable with the language, consult an attorney.

whew, gotta go to bed --- its late!!!

GOOD LUCK & Congrats!!!

Thank you to everyone that responed. So you can help me futher I will give you additional data. Yes we are thinking in ground for sure. Our family likes the shape of the grecian true L. We are having a hard time deciding between galvinized steel, afraid of rust in years to come. Leaning toward fiberglass but wondering if it won't crack. Don't want tub pool not big enough. Budget around $25000to $30000. We are a wholesale nursery and do some landscaping so this will not cost us much except for wholesale materials.

We have no rocks here. the soil is well drained and is almost sand like in places.

Heard so many pro and con for vermiculite makes my head spin. I personally thought sand with portland hand molded sounded good to me ,very smooth but I don't know.

Lighting yea or nay--does it attract a lot of bugs? I love to swim at night though.

Auto-cleaner or no. Do they atleast cut done on vacuum time and would they work in a Grecian L pool?

Heater --thinking just pay the up-front cost of the heatpump and save on gas, what do you all think?

Ok , Now give me more advice, Please!

Thank you all so much!

Baro

sounds like you're really leaning towards a vinyl pool ... so, here's some more help

again, i just love pools, and i love talkin bout em ---

personally (again, ask 5 pool builders a question, and you will get 6 answers), I would go with a polymer system vs. a steel system. I'm not going to name any names (of brands) for fear of breaking some ad clause on this forum.

A polymer/vinyl pool ought to be within your range. REMEMBER --- prices vary area-to-area and builder-to-builder. But you've got a realistic budget to work with I think. If your jurisdiction requires fencing, make sure to include this into your budget (check with your local building codes)

Vermiculite is just one of several materials that can be used for a base. Some vinyl installers use sand and some use concrete. This is probably (wait, no --- it IS) the most intensive task involved in the entire installation process.

GET A CLEANER (i.e. Polaris). GET A CLEANER GET A CLEANER GET A CLEANER

You won't have to vacuum much (maybe MAYBE once/twice a summer). They are so necessary --- we don't even present them as options in our pools. We just include them in the standard package.

Heat Pump vs. Heater ... save gas --- yes. Yeah, you'll pay more upfront --- but those that have them say they are well worth it.

oh and for gosh sakes --- yes --- get a light!!

Eastcoast or anyone else,

You seem to be my biggest supporter so can I run by you what I should get and any questions and could you add anything I forget?

1) Construction --How do you know you have a reliable installer? How does gunite differ from fiberglass? Is gunite in my price range? Does gunite need a frame work like fiberglass or is it applied right to the earth? And if we are going with a grecian true L would gunite still be best or is fiberglass just as good? Base material? AND most important is a Grecian True L , even though I like the appearance, is it a fuctional pool?

2)Filter-DE for sure?

3)Vinyl liners big difference in manufacturing? How many mil?

4)Yea on auto-cleaner with Grecian true L, NO "crawlers" Vacuum system what kind?

5) Saltwater system--are they easier and more effective?

6) I love to swim so I will look into a heat pump to extend the season, what size should I consider I'm looking at a 26X36X42 approx.

7)Light-- rotating color or fiber optic or just a plain one?

I'm sure I missed something but I sure appreciate all the help, Thankyou!

Eastcoast or anyone else,

You seem to be my biggest supporter so can I run by you what I should get and any questions and could you add anything I forget?

1) Construction --How do you know you have a reliable installer? How does gunite differ from fiberglass? Is gunite in my price range? Does gunite need a frame work like fiberglass or is it applied right to the earth? And if we are going with a grecian true L would gunite still be best or is fiberglass just as good? Base material? AND most important is a Grecian True L , even though I like the appearance, is it a fuctional pool?

2)Filter-DE for sure?

3)Vinyl liners big difference in manufacturing? How many mil?

4)Yea on auto-cleaner with Grecian true L, NO "crawlers" Vacuum system what kind?

5) Saltwater system--are they easier and more effective?

6) I love to swim so I will look into a heat pump to extend the season, what size should I consider I'm looking at a 26X36X42 approx.

7)Light-- rotating color or fiber optic or just a plain one?

I'm sure I missed something but I sure appreciate all the help, Thankyou!

We are in Ohio so we have the pretty much the same weather conditions you would have in PA.

OK for your questions.

1. I would go with steel wall, vinyl liner. With the freezing and thawing of the ground in this area, it is the only way to go. A well constructed vinyl pool will take the changes in the weather. Shop around for a dealer. Most steel pools are guaranteed not to rust. We have been selling them for over 40 years and we have NEVER replaced a steel wall. I personally don't like fiberglass, but shopping and getting a lot of info will help you. Definatly ask each dealer for references. And not ones who just bought their pool a year or so ago, but ones who've had their pools for 15, 20 years or more. This will tell you more about the pool AND the dealer than anything else.

2. There are three basic types of filters. Sand, DE, Cartridge. They all have their pros and cons. They all do the same thing, which is filter the water. The difference is in how you clean the filter when it comes time to clean it. Sand filters are by far the easiest. All you do is go out once a week, turn the valve from the filter position to the backwash position, wait around for about 5 minutes while it backwashes and turn it back to filter again. The drawback is that you lose water from the pool while you backwash. Not a lot, but you may have to add water to the pool occasionally (if it doesn't rain). Also you need to make a provision for the backwash water to go shooting across your yard - somewhere-

A cartridge filter has the advantage of having a larger cleaning surface. For instance a 100 sq. ft. filter is like a 10'x10' area of cleaning surface unlike sand which is just as big as the filter is round (say about 2 sq ft). So you will go for a longer time between cleanings. So about once a month, you simply take the cartridge out of the filter, and wash it out with a garden hose. These are the same filters that are used in spas, only bigger.

A DE filter will filter finer particles than either the sand or the cartridge. But because it does, it may clog up faster. It depends on how much dirt or debris you are filtering. Some people will swear by this filter - others will say "I had a DE filter, I got rid of it, it was too much work!" So again, the best thing is to talk to friends or neighbors who have pools and ask them what kind of filter they have and get their opinion. We offer our customer a choice of any - so we are not prejudiced on any of them.

3. See if you can find a dealer who offers at least a 25 mil liner, the thicker the better. A thicker liner will have a longer warranty. (We use 30 mil ourselves, but they come from Canada). All liner warranties will be pro-rated, so be sure to read the warranties. Ask for a copy.

4. Automatic cleaner will definately cut down on the maintenance.

5. Salt water system is OK. They cost about $600 to purchase and create chlorine from the 200-300 or so pounds of salt you will be putting into the water. Personally we prefer a non-chlorine system like Pristine Blue. With PB you stay completely away from harsh chemicals like chlorine. Its easy on the hair, skin and your pool - and NO salt taste.

6. A heat pump is a great way to extend the Season. It will cost about $2800, but you won't have those high natural gas bills at the end of the month!

7. The light is entirely your preferance. If you do a lot of swimming at night or entertaining around the pool, you might as well go with the rotating fiber optic. It will add beauty as well as light to the pool.

8. If you have any more questions, just ask. We're just full of info here. Or maybe just full of it. Just kidding. I am trying to give you as much info as I can and not "sell" you anything.

Baro,

Good questions --- You're lucky I'm single, cuz I got so much time on my hands to write all this, lol

Difference between gunite and fiberglass??? I'll break it down like this:

DESIGN - with gunite, your budget & imagination is your limit. With fiberglass, you are going to be limited to about 2 dozen shapes & designs. I am not aware of a fiberglass version of a Grecian True "L"

STRUCTURAL - Ok, Gunite Pools contain reinforced steel (rebar) to provide tensile strength in the concrete (Concrete is weakened by tension in the same way a boxer is weakened by a kidney shot). Gunite is then "shot" over this to provide the shell. Because it is pneumatically applied, and contains little water, it reaches 5000 - 8000 psi in 28 days (your house foundation is about 2500 - 3000) how ya like dem apples??

By the way, Gunite is a method, not a material. It is the trade name for the "dry-mix" shotcrete. Shotcrete is the pneumatic application of concrete. In a "wet-mix" shotcrete job, concrete is delivered already mixed (with water already added). It is poured from a truck into a hopper, which is then pumped through a 3" (I think that's the size -- not sure) hose. Another (seperate & smaller) hose runs adjacent to this first one, and contains forced air from an air compressor. At the nozzle, both the wet shotcrete and forced air meet --- and voila! shotcrete. NOW -- that's the "wet-mix." In the "dry-mix" (which is called GUNITE), instead of wet concrete being pumped through a hose and applied by air, you have sand, portland cement, and aggregrate (NO WATER) being pumped through the large hose. Just like in the wet mix shotcrete, another hose is running adjacent to this --- only in dry-mix, this contains WATER. At the moment the DRY MIX leaves the nozzle, water is introduced to it. voila -- GUNITE!!

Are you still awake?? Hahaha

Fiberglass pools are, well, fiberglass vessels that are built in a factory. The manufacturers have "templates" for each of their designs (ever seen those Jello molds?? you know, like the hearts, the four-leaf clovers, etc??) Basically, similar to the way boats are built.

COST - hmm ... if you can find a local fiberglass dealer, chances are you'll see lower prices on these than on the gunite. You're on the edge of your budget with both of them --- especially considering the shape that you have in mind.

DELIVERY - Fiberglass can be installed & completed within 1-3 weeks. Gunite is 60-90 days. Would this make a difference to me?? Not at all.

MAINTENANCE - I'll vacuum & brush a fiberglass pool over a gunite anyday. HOWEVER --- if you buy a cleaner (i.e. Polaris, etc.) you really won't need to vacuum much. The chemical maintenance of gunite pools is far more involved (and if you want me to explain this part, then BOTH of us will fall asleep)

BASE MATERIALS - gunite; cement-based materials (concrete, marcite) ... fiberglass; well, fiberglass

ANSWERS TO YOUR OTHER QUESTIONS

-Not sure why you wouldn't think a Grecian L is a functional pool??? Please elaborate

- DE Filter for sure?? YES !!!!

- Liner mil?? 27

- What do you mean by "vacuum system" ... vacuums are nothing but extensions of a skimmer port (I'm too tired to explain this further)

- Saltwater Systems effective? Yes. Easier? Eh, not really. Trendy as hell? Yes!!!

-too tired to size up your heat pump, sorry, maybe later??

- Lighting --- hmm, consider LED lights

Biggest thing is to narrow it down to what you want --- at least down to a gunite, vinyl or fiberglass. Pick a design (you already have I think) and size. Get a couple bids on it. Is it within your budget?? If so, see what options you can afford.

Whew, tired, gotta get up early in the am

nite nite

Wow, now I have two experts, Thank you so much for your replies. I have learned so much.

So I guess gunite is out because of the freezing and thaw of the PA climate?

Does everyone agree on steel panels in PA over fiberglass panels, they are fiberglass panels aren't they? Will fiberglass crack from freeze and thaw? And Vinyl atleast 27 mils?

Filter-- I live on a tree farm, way out in the country, lots of debris--Sand or DE?

Autocleaner--Polaris you mentioned with or without its own pump?

Grecian True L more fuctional because you essentially have two areas, I guess?

Poollady- I'm not sure what kind of system the Pristine Blue is, could you explain?

One last question--I guess were not suppose to mention pool brands but for materials like the different panels and company of liners. Are Fort Wayne, Pacifica, Adventura, Wilkes, Rose(independent),( my closest companies) all about the same? Isn't the installer the most important unknown in the equation?

And I want you all to know that I truly value your opinions. The zoning and building officers called today and assured me everything looked good to start. Now all I have to do is find the perfect pool and installer. Thanks Again!

Wow, now I have two experts, Thank you so much for your replies. I have learned so much.

So I guess gunite is out because of the freezing and thaw of the PA climate?

Does everyone agree on steel panels in PA over fiberglass panels, they are fiberglass panels aren't they? Will fiberglass crack from freeze and thaw? And Vinyl atleast 27 mils?

Filter-- I live on a tree farm, way out in the country, lots of debris--Sand or DE?

Autocleaner--Polaris you mentioned with or without its own pump?

Grecian True L more fuctional because you essentially have two areas, I guess?

Poollady- I'm not sure what kind of system the Pristine Blue is, could you explain?

One last question--I guess were not suppose to mention pool brands but for materials like the different panels and company of liners. Are Fort Wayne, Pacifica, Adventura, Wilkes, Rose(independent),( my closest companies) all about the same? Isn't the installer the most important unknown in the equation?

And I want you all to know that I truly value your opinions. The zoning and building officers called today and assured me everything looked good to start. Now all I have to do is find the perfect pool and installer.

Thanks Again!

These are just my opinions, based on 42 years in the business, you'll have to make your decision based on info given by the pool company.

I would go with sand filter. Polaris on suction will do a good job for less money. Grecian Tru L is a good choice for the reason you mentioned. Pristine Blue is a non-chlorine system, based on copper, which makes an excellent sanitizer and algaestat. For more info go to Pristineblue.com. Yes, the installer is the most important of the factors. Check the Warranties from the various companies you mentioned and go with the one you are the most comfortable with and the dealer who will give you good service after the sale.

Good Luck, and happy swimming!

I went and talked to 4 different companies today. Two are coming out this week to look at the site. So I may have more questions after they leave. I want you to know I'm glad we met here. You gave me knowledge that I needed to talk to these pool installers, without sounding too stupid I hope. Thanks.

I went and talked to 4 different companies today. Two are coming out this week to look at the site. So I may have more questions after they leave. I want you to know I'm glad we met here. You gave me knowledge that I needed to talk to these pool installers, without sounding too stupid I hope. Thanks.

Good for you, Baroque. Glad to help.

hey don't forget about me Baro

I'm gonna hafta stand my ground against poollady (even though she has 36 years more experience than i do in the industry) and say DE FILTER

sorry poollady

I will say this --- I hate - --- ABSOLUTELY HATE putting a DE filter back together after servicing one

good luck Baro

and please remember there are some honest builders out there who really do work their tails off everyday and truly earn each and every penny --- two or three times over, in most cases

hey don't forget about me Baro

I'm gonna hafta stand my ground against poollady (even though she has 36 years more experience than i do in the industry) and say DE FILTER

sorry poollady

I will say this --- I hate - --- ABSOLUTELY HATE putting a DE filter back together after servicing one

good luck Baro

and please remember there are some honest builders out there who really do work their tails off everyday and truly earn each and every penny --- two or three times over, in most cases

That's OK Eastcoast, I really don't have anything against DE filters. They do a gret job of filtering. I just have to listen to my customers "grousing" about the extra work.

Hey Eastcoast and Poollady,

First guy came toinght. His recommendations are Steel, Portland and Sand Bottom, 20 mil liner, Sand filter,dolphin autocleaner, Hayward Heat pump and poollight. We decided on a True L instead, with 8'steps. and I guess all the normal stuff like excavation, gravel fill ,cement collar around footings. He will fill from the river behind our house. Cement walkway around the top of the pool is included.

My question is, do pool installers normally include the electric hook-up ?

Let me know what you think about pool installer number 1.

Hey Eastcoast and Poollady,

First guy came toinght. His recommendations are Steel, Portland and Sand Bottom, 20 mil liner, Sand filter,dolphin autocleaner, Hayward Heat pump and poollight. We decided on a True L instead, with 8'steps. and I guess all the normal stuff like excavation, gravel fill ,cement collar around footings. He will fill from the river behind our house. Cement walkway around the top of the pool is included.

My question is, do pool installers normally include the electric hook-up ?

Let me know what you think about pool installer number 1.

I would prefer a heavier liner. Nothing wrong with 20 mil, but 25+ mil is better. WE do not do electrical work in our area, that is because customer needs a licensed electrician, and electrical work is subject to inspection. We work in 7 to 8 different counties and 3 different states (due to our location), so we are not licenced in all those places. But some pool companies do do their own electrical work.

Baro

and before I begin --- poollady, please feel free to slap me around (via cyber-slap haha) if i miss something here

Filling from the river behind your house???

I guess it would work --- from the river though?? Did I read that right??

I agree with poollady on the heavier liner.

If the hole is properly dug and the base is installed to the proper depth --- and the liner is properly sized --- there will be no problem stretching the heavy liner. Yeah, they get brittle (takes years) --- but so do the 20 mil. AND --- there is really not that much price difference (there is some, but not enough to make you nickle and dime things)

AND --- as far as the liner stretching --- you'd be surprised how much they do stretch.

electric work?? around here, permits (electrical permits) can only be pulled by licensed electricians. However, I know of builders in other areas who do their own electric work as well. Just ask em

sand filter?? eh, do whatcha want ...

it is not a "cement" walkway --- it's concrete. Don't worry, most people say this. Someone said it to me today and it made me tremble. I'm venting.

They're filling from the river ???

:huh:

Hi eastcoast,

Yes, filling from the river, sorta free water. Not really that bad I guess, the filter will need cleaning a lot in the first few days but hey. I used to swim in the river before I considered a pool and got bit by the hellgramites.

I guess that's why Pool installer #1 suggested a Sand filter cause I'm not that particular. I bet DE filters clean better but they may need a lot of attention and I wouldn't notice the difference in the level of clean if I used to swim in a river.

Well you just keep those suggestions coming and I'll have the nicest pool on the block.

Tomorrow---Pool installer #2

Hi eastcoast,

Yes, filling from the river, sorta free water. Not really that bad I guess, the filter will need cleaning a lot in the first few days but hey. I used to swim in the river before I considered a pool and got bit by the hellgramites.

I guess that's why Pool installer #1 suggested a Sand filter cause I'm not that particular. I bet DE filters clean better but they may need a lot of attention and I wouldn't notice the difference in the level of clean if I used to swim in a river.

Well you just keep those suggestions coming and I'll have the nicest pool on the block.

Tomorrow---Pool installer #2

Filling from the river is fine. All water can be treated, some just takes more chemicals to get it "right". We usually recommend having the water trucked in (they will use city water) but if the river water is right there and available, it will be fine. Still recommend the heavier liner (Eastcoat is right). But you seem to be doing good so far.

Hi East and Poollady,

Pool installer #2 was here this evening. He was pretty in tune with #1 pool inst. Both go with 20 mil but #2 said I could hve a higher mil like 28 at no extra cost. #2 Thought cartridge filter the way to go but said sand would be less work but we might have a cloudyness to the pool especially during pollen season. #2 is doing Kreepy krawler autovac. Haywood light,vermiculate bottom, and steel panels. Haywood sand filter w/ 1 1/2 hp pump.#1 was only giving me a 1hp pump. #1 was giving me concrete. I'm hopeing to see the last guy before Friday and then we can tally up the results.

Question--If the pool is 33,000 gal would the 1hp pump be adequate?

Question-- #2 pool guy said he filled his pool from a river and never again. He said it had too much Mg and turned his pool black. Should I just go with trucking in water vs cost of chemicals to clean up the water?

#2 PG(pool guy) said he would test the water for us, in the river, if we went with him.

Hi East and Poollady,

Pool installer #2 was here this evening. He was pretty in tune with #1 pool inst. Both go with 20 mil but #2 said I could hve a higher mil like 28 at no extra cost. #2 Thought cartridge filter the way to go but said sand would be less work but we might have a cloudyness to the pool especially during pollen season. #2 is doing Kreepy krawler autovac. Haywood light,vermiculate bottom, and steel panels. Haywood sand filter w/ 1 1/2 hp pump.#1 was only giving me a 1hp pump. #1 was giving me concrete. I'm hopeing to see the last guy before Friday and then we can tally up the results.

Question--If the pool is 33,000 gal would the 1hp pump be adequate?

Question-- #2 pool guy said he filled his pool from a river and never again. He said it had too much Mg and turned his pool black. Should I just go with trucking in water vs cost of chemicals to clean up the water?

#2 PG(pool guy) said he would test the water for us, in the river, if we went with him.

OK Baroque, go with the 28mil liner. With 33,000 gal, you need a 1 1/2 hp pump. Have #2 test the river water before using it, if it doesn't give good readings, then get the water hauled in. It will be worth it. Let me know how it goes with #3.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, I said I would be back and here I am. Ended up talking to another Pool guy, liked him but he was the most expensive of the bunch. I wouldn't mind paying more if I knew I was getting good work. But here lies the problem -Eastcoast this is for you-How can you tell if you have a good contractor? Years in business, satisfactory rating on BBB, Feelings, what? All you who can't sell me a pool give me a ball park price on the following: Steel, DE filter, vermiculite bottom, 28 mil liner, autochlorinator, auto cleaner(Kreepy Krawler or Barracuda model (?), 8'Steps, diving board, 3x3x4x8 concrete, fiberoptic lights, 6'Cantilever seats,and then the normal stuff excavation, backfill, 1 1/2 hp pump, if you include water, electric,ect. By the way the pool is a True L approx. 40x16x28 which holds around 40.000gals or appox 925sqft.

Am I obessing over this? Should I just pick the cheapest, the guy I like, the closest, best rating on bbb,or the one whose pool company I like. I lean toward Sterling by Fort Wayne.

Anyone have a feeling on Sta-rite pumps vs. Hayward?

I WANT TO DECIDE TOMORROW, before this drives me crazy.

Thank you all for your help!