Anyone Here Own A Jacuzzi Z140 Circa 1998?

I inherited one of these in the house I bought. The owners manual leaves a lot to be desired and had some simple questions:

1. Should the status/heat light come one and stay on? Or only when heating? Or only briefly? The light was one the first time we turned it on and it heated the tub. Since then the light has never come on.

2. Should/can the tub sustain a constant temperature? In otherwords, if I set the temp into the red zone and it runs to reach that temp, can I leave the pump on and assume the tub will come to life if the temp drops, and shut off when the temp is reached? (I think there might be a prob here with this tub as while day 1 it heated up to 104, a week later I cannot get it above 72 degrees).

3. Any big issues with maintenance anyone has had?

I looked at some of the newer (and mostly $8000!) tubs at the spa store with the fancy digital displays and so forth and figure I've got the VW Bug equivalent but I'm new to hot tubs so perhaps simple is better!

I've got a guy from Strictly Spa's coming out in a week to give it a once over but thought I'd ask here as well. I Googled this site but don't see anything on this spa. I know it is older but the spa store claims quite a lot of people have it. It was a Home Depot purchase back then.

Thanks

Marie

I inherited one of these in the house I bought. The owners manual leaves a lot to be desired and had some simple questions:

1. Should the status/heat light come one and stay on? Or only when heating? Or only briefly? The light was one the first time we turned it on and it heated the tub. Since then the light has never come on.

2. Should/can the tub sustain a constant temperature? In otherwords, if I set the temp into the red zone and it runs to reach that temp, can I leave the pump on and assume the tub will come to life if the temp drops, and shut off when the temp is reached? (I think there might be a prob here with this tub as while day 1 it heated up to 104, a week later I cannot get it above 72 degrees).

3. Any big issues with maintenance anyone has had?

I looked at some of the newer (and mostly $8000!) tubs at the spa store with the fancy digital displays and so forth and figure I've got the VW Bug equivalent but I'm new to hot tubs so perhaps simple is better!

I've got a guy from Strictly Spa's coming out in a week to give it a once over but thought I'd ask here as well. I Googled this site but don't see anything on this spa. I know it is older but the spa store claims quite a lot of people have it. It was a Home Depot purchase back then.

Thanks

Marie

Looks like the jacuzzi buffs are not around, maybe bringing this back to the top of the list may help.

Looks like the jacuzzi buffs are not around, maybe bringing this back to the top of the list may help.

Just to follow up--the tech from the spa place came out. Nice guy. He checked all the wiring and voltage and we determined that the topside control panel is broken. We knew the knob was near impossible to turn. Upon removing it he flipped it over to reveal that instead of turning the wrist of the knob, each turn was actually moving the entire control box, and it had ripped loose all of the wires connecting it. He can replace it, but my husband would like to upgrade to a digital control pack so we can set the temperature, use a clock function etc, so maybe this will do it. Too bad we have not stepped one foot into this thing yet! I'm glad it wasn't the heater or anything major!

Just to follow up--the tech from the spa place came out. Nice guy. He checked all the wiring and voltage and we determined that the topside control panel is broken. We knew the knob was near impossible to turn. Upon removing it he flipped it over to reveal that instead of turning the wrist of the knob, each turn was actually moving the entire control box, and it had ripped loose all of the wires connecting it. He can replace it, but my husband would like to upgrade to a digital control pack so we can set the temperature, use a clock function etc, so maybe this will do it. Too bad we have not stepped one foot into this thing yet! I'm glad it wasn't the heater or anything major!

If you have to start replacing pumps and heater than you know it is almost time for a new tub. Alot of people will take it in on a trade. Have fun tubbin

For the price of a new tub, we could completely overhaul this one, upgrade to digital and still save thousands of dollars. This thing came with our house, we don't even know if we will use it that much, but having it broken isn't much good of course. Maybe in a few years we'll say oh my we need a better one, but for now this was a cheap fix. Just glad everything else works.

For the price of a new tub, we could completely overhaul this one, upgrade to digital and still save thousands of dollars. This thing came with our house, we don't even know if we will use it that much, but having it broken isn't much good of course. Maybe in a few years we'll say oh my we need a better one, but for now this was a cheap fix. Just glad everything else works.

Good for you than. That is great and I hope you get many years of fun.