Tub Is In! Wahooo,,,,, !

Ron

Well, after much ado and worry, the tub is finally in. So far, so good,,, the deck has not collasped!!! (see my post "Deck Strength"). It's a little scarry,, it's amazing how much bigger the tub is on my deck than it was in the dealer showroom!!! A lot of weight,,,,,

Got the electrical hooked up Wednesday and took my first dip tonight. Been raining since Wednesday night. Still is raining,,, off and on.

Steps left:

1. build a privacy fence around it. Need that real bad,,,

2. invite lots of friends

After just one dip, luv the tub (even though, it would have been much more relaxing without the kids :-))

Ron

Well, after much ado and worry, the tub is finally in. So far, so good,,, the deck has not collasped!!! (see my post "Deck Strength"). It's a little scarry,, it's amazing how much bigger the tub is on my deck than it was in the dealer showroom!!! A lot of weight,,,,,

Got the electrical hooked up Wednesday and took my first dip tonight. Been raining since Wednesday night. Still is raining,,, off and on.

Steps left:

1. build a privacy fence around it. Need that real bad,,,

2. invite lots of friends

After just one dip, luv the tub (even though, it would have been much more relaxing without the kids :-))

Ron

Congratulations, that's a great spa, enjoy, with and without the kids.

• 3 weeks later...

How come it took you so long from the time the electrician came? Is that normal?

My hot tub was delivered today. The electrician is coming tomorrow morning. I was hoping to be in it tomorrow night. I take it that is unrealistic?

I can't wait to use it. This evening the girls and I each had a frozen strawberry daquiri and took turns dry testing each of the seats. It was fun but not the real thing.

How come it took you so long from the time the electrician came? Is that normal?

My hot tub was delivered today. The electrician is coming tomorrow morning. I was hoping to be in it tomorrow night. I take it that is unrealistic?

I can't wait to use it. This evening the girls and I each had a frozen strawberry daquiri and took turns dry testing each of the seats. It was fun but not the real thing.

Congrats to the new spas! I wish you happy tubbing!

Ron, you sound like you are pretty on the ball but I didn't want it to go without saying. On your list of stuff to do, I wanted to encourage to make sure whatever you put up for privacy is away from the spa, or removable (if it is close by) to make future access easier if needed. If you decide to use vegitation as a part of the barracade, use plants that don't loose a lot of foliage. It's less messy and will help keep your hard cover and spa water cleaner.

Some popular electricians can be booked out quite a way. Sounds like the daquiri's were nice! I hope for many happy get togethers for your friends and family.

Congrats to the new spas! I wish you happy tubbing!

Ron, you sound like you are pretty on the ball but I didn't want it to go without saying. On your list of stuff to do, I wanted to encourage to make sure whatever you put up for privacy is away from the spa, or removable (if it is close by) to make future access easier if needed. If you decide to use vegitation as a part of the barracade, use plants that don't loose a lot of foliage. It's less messy and will help keep your hard cover and spa water cleaner.

Some popular electricians can be booked out quite a way. Sounds like the daquiri's were nice! I hope for many happy get togethers for your friends and family.

With a 5.5kw heater the water should heat up about 7-8 degrees an hour. Someone correct me if I am wrong. Tap water=50-60 degrees. Desired water temp=98.6? 50-60/7-8= 6-7hrs to heat from the time the electrician hooks it up. You might be able to use it tommorow night if he gets the job done by 2pm. ;)