Hydro Spa "debtor-in-possession"

Dr. Spa

Right along with the phony shill posts, the phony 'my-tub-is-crap-and-I'm-taking-it-back-to-Costco' posts,

Re-read my posts. Mine are accurate, have contact names and numbers, and pictures to prove my issues.

What do you have to back you up?? I have yet to see ANYTHING! Not one picture of your tub. Not one!

Yeah, you posted some nonsense about "Christine" who allegedly left the company and you posted an 800 number that anyone could get. Yeah, you really 'proved' your issues. You are as phony as the handle you picked, "unhappyHYDROSPAowner" which you first used when you made your first post a few days ago. Just your choice of a handle says a lot about you: that you came here for one reason, that your attitude towards hydrospa was not going to change, that you have an agenda, that there is nothing other than that agenda that you are going to post about during your 'forum lifetime' here.

Say what you want NW. Hydro is done. I provide PROOF. Read it and weep.

P.S - I am returning my tub TOMORROW. I will post many pics of me returning it. I can hardly wait for you to try to paint me as phony then.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps that explains why I asked if anyone had any additional information ? :D

Talked to 2 more companies, one of which they owe monies to...... they don't expect to ever be paid ;)

I just heard that Hydrospas filed for bankruptcy last week. Does anyone know anything about this? Chapter 11 ? 13?

Yeah, you rush here with the sleazy rumors that you have 'heard'. How upstanding of you...not. Bankruptcy is a PUBLIC process in the United States and any bankruptcy filing by Hydrospa would be a matter of PUBLIC record. If you had any actual information, you would have posted it.

I don't care if you talked to 50 more companies who allegedly tell you stuff. If there was a hydrospa bankruptcy filing, it would be a matter of PUBLIC record. You can keep posting rumors until your little pinky drops off but it will do nothing to give you any credibility. Post the links to the public records. Post the links to actual businesses who publicly claim that Hydrospa owes them money. Creditors are not secretive about that. <laugh> Put up or shut up.

Talked to 2 more companies, one of which they owe monies to...... they don't expect to ever be paid ;)

Let me understand - Dr. Spa hears from several un-named companies and suggests that HydroSpa is filing for bankruptcy. He asks for additional information. The only other post indicating they had heard a similar rumor is Ralpha aka "Alaska Recreation" who has only posted twice on this board.

I searched heavily on various other spa-related message boards and couldn't find any corroborating information. I searched news reports from Florida and the only thing I could find was a 6-month old news report indicating HydroSpa was laying off 101 employees.

HydroSpa to lay off 101 employees

Dr. Spa may in fact be correct, but at this time, I'm going to sit on the skeptical side of the fence along with "New NW Tub owner" until some more substantial information is posted.

Regards,

Ken

Let me understand - Dr. Spa hears from several un-named companies and suggests that HydroSpa is filing for bankruptcy. He asks for additional information. The only other post indicating they had heard a similar rumor is Ralpha aka "Alaska Recreation" who has only posted twice on this board.

I searched heavily on various other spa-related message boards and couldn't find any corroborating information. I searched news reports from Florida and the only thing I could find was a 6-month old news report indicating HydroSpa was laying off 101 employees.

HydroSpa to lay off 101 employees

Dr. Spa may in fact be correct, but at this time, I'm going to sit on the skeptical side of the fence along with "New NW Tub owner" until some more substantial information is posted.

Regards,

Ken

Hi Ken and NW. Here is some info on Hydro operating in bankruptcy.

HYDRO SPA PARTS AND ACC INC (doing business as: "(Debtor-In-Possession)")

SAINT PETERSBURG , FL

LINK: http://partners.dnbsearch.com/cgi-bin/dand...TNERS&R=HL0

debtor in possession

Definition

A company that continues to operate while going through Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.

LINK: http://www.investorwords.com/1324/debtor_in_possession.html

Record 1

SAINT PETERSBURG , FL

debtor in possession

Definition

A company that continues to operate while going through Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.

Now for a timeline of events:

May 2005 Hydro Spas opens a brand new 200,000 square foot plant in Florida

LINK: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0NT...44/ai_n13797466

October 2005 Gulf Coast stops ordering 10,000 spas a year from Hydro Spas

LINK: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0NT...44/ai_n15791759

6 months after opening a huge plant they lose 10,000 units a year. Ouch that's gotta hurt!

yeah, you sound all broken up about it. Right. Well, maybe Hydro is hurting financially but they had the right idea about hot tubs which is to make a simple, reliable, inexpensive tub in large quantities. Most of the hot tub makers make small quantities of tubs with a huge variety of options and they charge a high price that puts them out of the reach of middle income buyers. Costco and Hydro sold a single model in one color for a kick-butt price. Maybe the price was TOO good but the idea was a good one and someone else will step forward to fill the gap. I hope that some other company steps forward to make tubs in volume at the hydro plant and use them to put you bums out of business.

Record 1

SAINT PETERSBURG , FL

debtor in possession

Definition

Now for a timeline of events:

May 2005 Hydro Spas opens a brand new 200,000 square foot plant in Florida

LINK: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0NT...44/ai_n13797466

October 2005 Gulf Coast stops ordering 10,000 spas a year from Hydro Spas

LINK: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0NT...44/ai_n15791759

6 months after opening a huge plant they lose 10,000 units a year. Ouch that's gotta hurt!

yeah, you sound all broken up about it. Right. Well, maybe Hydro is hurting financially but they had the right idea about hot tubs which is to make a simple, reliable, inexpensive tub in large quantities. Most of the hot tub makers make small quantities of tubs with a huge variety of options and they charge a high price that puts them out of the reach of middle income buyers. Costco and Hydro sold a single model in one color for a kick-butt price. Maybe the price was TOO good but the idea was a good one and someone else will step forward to fill the gap. I hope that some other company steps forward to make tubs in volume at the hydro plant and use them to put you bums out of business.

see my earlier you are simply a hypocrite. You rant and call other liars but you lack the grace and simple common decency to admit that you and your slanderous name calling were wrong and your information about Hot Tubs is also wrong, there are many companies like Hydrospa who make simple tubs for a value price, just like there are car company's, and bread company's and audio companies, etc, etc who do the same thing and than are company's who build more expensive and nicer products of the same category for those who want are willing to pay for the nicer products, there is place for both types but you need open your eyes and see that while they're are the same type of product but they are not built nor backed in the same way it is child like for you to think that they are.

see my earlier you are simply a hypocrite. You rant and call other liars but you lack the grace and simple common decency to admit that you and your slanderous name calling were wrong and your information about Hot Tubs is also wrong, there are many companies like Hydrospa who make simple tubs for a value price, just like there are car company's, and bread company's and audio companies, etc, etc who do the same thing and than are company's who build more expensive and nicer products of the same category for those who want are willing to pay for the nicer products, there is place for both types but you need open your eyes and see that while they're are the same type of product but they are not built nor backed in the same way it is child like for you to think that they are.

Yeah, the scummy anti-Hydrospa sh*theads waged a 12-month disinformation campaign against Hydrospa and Costco hot tubs that probably helped to drive them out of business. They deserve the back of the hand, not sweet talk. And it was sleazy to post a lot of rumors about Hydrospa in lieu of real information, even if the rumors turned out to be true. It has been eye-opening to me how sleazy the hot tub business is. There are no real standards , no oversight, no self-policing, nothing. If you buy a tub, the only standard that it might meet would be UL laboratories and that would only be for the controller/heater and even that's not a for sure thing. There are no prices anywhere. The used car business looks positively wholesome by comparison. Costco and Hydrospa brought a breath of fresh air into the hot tub racket by offering a single-model, reasonanble-quality tub with a good set of features for a nationwide low price.

The Conspiracy has come to light!!!! We Canadians bashed Hydro and Costco so much that the CDN dollar is now at par with the US. We will buy Hydrospas add proper insulation add a better spa pack change the plumbing and sell it for thousands more and bring some credibility back to market.

NW your tone has changed from the earlier posts now that you have mud on your face.

I think you should apologize to a few people or leave the board.

Yeah, the scummy anti-Hydrospa sh*theads waged a 12-month disinformation campaign against Hydrospa and Costco hot tubs that probably helped to drive them out of business. They deserve the back of the hand, not sweet talk. And it was sleazy to post a lot of rumors about Hydrospa in lieu of real information, even if the rumors turned out to be true. It has been eye-opening to me how sleazy the hot tub business is. There are no real standards , no oversight, no self-policing, nothing. If you buy a tub, the only standard that it might meet would be UL laboratories and that's not a for sure thing. There are no prices anywhere. The used car business looks positively wholesome by comparison. Costco and Hydrospa brought a breath of fresh air into the hot tub racket by offering a single-model, reasonanble-quality tub with a good set of features for a nationwide price.

Very very good are you in politics ? You side stepped your accountability just like people like yourself always seem to to do. Your remarks are slanderous and unfounded you know nothing of the people that throw stones at yet you call them liars and sleaze. What gives you the right to come and make these crude remarks. No one in 5 different posting will ever comment about the BMW and KIA example and think the reason is pretty clear it is just to straightforward and is easy for most anyone to relate to, that there can be 2 (really much more) products that do the same thing and are the same type of product but they are not same and they do not cost the same. What in your mind did hydrospa and Costco do that was so special ? Are you so simple minded to ever track the stock history of Costco ? If you do you will see they are VERY VERY PROFITABLE company they did not get that way by giving things away with no profit margin in them. There are so many other choices in spas other than Hydrospa that make a similar type of tub that is priced accordily on dealers floors across the country but again you lack insight or the grace to even recognize this.

The Conspiracy has come to light!!!! We Canadians bashed Hydro and Costco so much that the CDN dollar is now at par with the US. We will buy Hydrospas add proper insulation add a better spa pack change the plumbing and sell it for thousands more and bring some credibility back to market.

NW your tone has changed from the earlier posts now that you have mud on your face.

I think you should apologize to a few people or leave the board.

You certainly bashed Hydrospa and Costco tubs at every opportunity but I don't think that had any effect on foreign exchange rates. My tub has proper insulation, a good spa pack and good plumbing so you won't improve it but...I am sure that, with Hydrospa gone, you WILL "sell it for thousands more" which is what this is all about, isn't it? As far as apologies, it's not my fault that you're a *** so why apologize? <laugh>

It didnt work :lol::P When every spa you sell leaks, it gives you a bad name. seeya B)

So let me get this straight...... The "right idea" is to make a cheap low end product, lose money on every unit you sell, and when you reach 6 to 8 million+ dollars of debt just go into bankruptcy?

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, ya gotta love the American way...........

Though it sounds like a better idea than accussing someone, that was simply looking for any additional information, as being a rumour monger (and more, that I deleted)........... even though there was confirming information provided some 3-1/2 hours after asking.

And it was sleazy to post a lot of rumors about Hydrospa in lieu of real information, even if the rumors turned out to be true.

Gotta love it! Isn't a true rumor commonly called a FACT? :D :D

And isn't it amazing how quickly some factual material was turned up, even while NewNW continued to rant (instead of seeking the facts for himself)?

If the US market continues soft, perhaps more companies will hit the wall. Let's hope the APSP marketing initiative is successful - we will all benefit. Got Spa?

I'll be very interested to see how quickly the informed forum members react in regards to returning their Hydrospas to Costco while they still can. It's a great thing that this forum exists and that the lucky few who do keep up with Hydrospa's comings and goings will be able to get a jump on the rest of the herd.

I wonder if Costco will accept the returns...and for how long?

Terminator

And it was sleazy to post a lot of rumors about Hydrospa in lieu of real information, even if the rumors turned out to be true.

Gotta love it! Isn't a true rumor commonly called a FACT? :D :D

And isn't it amazing how quickly some factual material was turned up, even while NewNW continued to rant (instead of seeking the facts for himself)?

If the US market continues soft, perhaps more companies will hit the wall. Let's hope the APSP marketing initiative is successful - we will all benefit. Got Spa?

Maybe you love it, but posting viscious rumors is wrong, even if they do turn out to later be true. For example, I could post that your company, Arctic Tubs, is on the verge of bankruptcy even if I don't have any factual information about that. That doesnt' make it right later if you do end up filing for bankruptcy. In fact, it would be even worse because the very act of spreading viscious rumors might have weakened sales of Arctic tubs, accelerating the plunge into bankruptcy. See how that works? And no, you have no obligation to research every rumor to see if it might turn out to be true.

Boy I am getting pretty sick of being called a lier or deicietfull by NW the biggest phony on the board. Why would anyone with out a stake in Hydro post as he is...I just don't get it. I wish I had more time to keep up with the BS spewed by this loony, but I just don't because whether he believes it or not there are alot of pools, spas and other stuff for me to fix around here. Independent of any company!!!! This is mine and mine alone and why I get what I do from him is not explainable as anything but spite. I'm sorry but I may have to delete my membership here and not give the free advice or help I have been admired for here any longer if these derogitory remarks continue.

I'll be very interested to see how quickly the informed forum members react in regards to returning their Hydrospas to Costco while they still can. It's a great thing that this forum exists and that the lucky few who do keep up with Hydrospa's comings and goings will be able to get a jump on the rest of the herd.

I wonder if Costco will accept the returns...and for how long?

Suppose you're right and there are a wave of people returning their tubs to Costco? What would Costco do? Send them back to Hydrospa? Not possible for a company in Chapter 11. No, Costco would just turn around and unload the now-used tubs on a consignment house who would then sell them for...what? $3000? $2000? Or...maybe $500? Whatever. The end result would be that there would then be a wave of very inexpensive tubs dumped on the marketplace to be bought by people who wouldn't be buying new tubs from you. Of course, maybe those former costco tub owners would come and buy new tubs from you but again, not likely, since they would look at your tubs and see how much more they cost than the tub they could buy at Costco and would instead go back to Costco and buy...another new hot tub from the NEW costco hot tub supplier! See how that works? Either way, you lose. Enjoy.

You certainly bashed Hydrospa and Costco tubs at every opportunity(I only offered factual evidence about controls and parts. I also like Costco but not for spas) but I don't think that had any effect on foreign exchange rates.(It was a joke) My tub has proper insulation,(Styro & bubblefoil is not proper) a good spa pack(VS series isnt that good) and good plumbing so you won't improve it (Taking that 180 fittin out using a side discharge pump so the water will directly into the heater manifold with a sweep 90 will improve flow and heat time)but...I am sure that, with Hydrospa gone, you WILL "sell it for thousands more" which is what this is all about, isn't it? (Yup its all about creating a fiscally viable and sustainable company not about cutting corners and dropping the ass end in price so you just move product and not make money)( Business is about making money if it wasnt it would be called CHARITY)As far as apologies, it's not my fault that you're a *** so why apologize? <laugh>(I do have an ass and the women tell me its pretty cute)

I only offered factual evidence about controls and parts. I also like Costco but not for spas...VS series isnt that good...Taking that 180 fittin out using a side discharge pump so the water will directly into the heater manifold with a sweep 90 will improve flow and heat time

Your "factual evidence" here is wrong. The controller, at least in my tub, is a not a 'VS' series but a Balboa 2000 series controller with M7 technology that seems to be a l slightly-modified version of the Balboa 2000LE model that Balboa sells. The major difference is that my heater is 4,000 watt while the 'standard' Balboa unit has a 5,500 watt heater. Taking the 180 fitting out and using a side-discharge pump will not improve flow (which is already fine BTW) and it will have zero effect on heat time which is determined by the heater input.

Boy I am getting pretty sick of being called a lier or deicietfull by NW the biggest phony on the board. Why would anyone with out a stake in Hydro post as he is...I just don't get it. I wish I had more time to keep up with the BS spewed by this loony, but I just don't because whether he believes it or not there are alot of pools, spas and other stuff for me to fix around here. Independent of any company!!!! This is mine and mine alone and why I get what I do from him is not explainable as anything but spite. I'm sorry but I may have to delete my membership here and not give the free advice or help I have been admired for here any longer if these derogitory remarks continue.

Try not to take this ***'s rantings personally, almost all of us appreciate your help, advice, suggestions, and expertise. It seems that NW is taking his fustration out on you. Take pleasure in the fact that he'll likely be out of a job with in a couple of months and he hopefully won't be able to afford an internet connection. Wouldn't it be ironic if NW actually owns a Hydro and he ends up unknowingly having you repair it for him.

It didnt work :lol::P When every spa you sell leaks, it gives you a bad name. seeya B)

My tub has never leaked, nor have most of the tubs they sold at Costco. The 'bad name' came from the disinformation campaign by the anti-hydrospa people in the hot tub industry here.

Dude

My nordic,sundance dealer put two new hydros on there showroom floor, filled them and they leaked.

Sorry the truth hurts.

I would suggest you check you parts catalogue for what the pack truly is. M7 big deal all Balboa packs are M7 now the last pack that wasnt was used by Beachcomber Exclusively but now they have changed over.An if Hydro had a special pack made for them the price would go up on the tub. Some different decals doesnt make it better. The change will improve flow into the the heater thus more water passing over the element more frequently thus improving your heat transfer time. 1 bend in place of 3 wont improve flow??? It really shows what an uneducated person you are when it comes to spas and a few other things.