Hydro Spa "debtor-in-possession"

Dr. Spa

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How could a company that sells countless thousands of high quality, low priced spas possibly be having financial difficulty? :blink:

It's incontheivable!

Terminator

I know they aren't paying their bills in my neck of the woods. They also lost manufacturing of 10,000 units a year for Gulf Coast spas. Costco ma ybe dropping Hydro as well. I think Chapter 11 is a very real possibility. Local dealers of non-Hyrdro spa's in my area all said they think Hydro is goin belly up.

This is exactly what I posted a couple of days ago about Hydro.

How could a company that sells countless thousands of high quality, low priced spas possibly be having financial difficulty? :blink:

It's incontheivable!

Terminator

I know they aren't paying their bills in my neck of the woods. They also lost manufacturing of 10,000 units a year for Gulf Coast spas. Costco ma ybe dropping Hydro as well. I think Chapter 11 is a very real possibility. Local dealers of non-Hyrdro spa's in my area all said they think Hydro is goin belly up.

This is exactly what I posted a couple of days ago about Hydro.

Yeah, you posted your sleazy rumor of what you allegedly 'heard' and know you're eagerly posting your backup to 'Dr. Spa's' sleazy rumor that he 'heard.' We get your rumor as a 'source' for Dr. Spa's rumor so it must be true, right? Bankruptcy in the United States is a PUBLIC process and all bankruptcy filings are a matter of public record. If Hydrospa had filed for bankruptcy, there would be public court documents, news reports, a press release from Costco, etc. So, no, there is no Hydrospa bankruptcy filing, in spite of what Dr. Spa thinks he might have 'heard'. However, just repeating the mere rumors of such a thing hurt a company that sells things to the public because they frighten off potential buyers, which is your and Dr. Spas true goal, right? Also, Gulf Coast and Hydrospa ended their manufacturing relationship in 2005 MORE THAN TWO YEARS AGO even though you breathlessly repeat it above as if it happened yesterday. So which Canadian hot tub maker do you work for , unhappyhydroFUDgirl? Why don't you come clean? Beachcomber? Arctic? Pacific? Who? Guess what? The falling US dollar is likely to push some Canadian hot tub makers into bankruptcy because it has made them much less competitive in the U.S. market with US hot tub makers. Only the strong survive. Deal with it.

Wow, from knowing both of the gentleman of which you speak, I can tell you neither works any of the Hot Tub Makers you may think, one does sell spas and the other offers a similar but alternative product to a spa you would find at most dealers. I have the utmost respect for Doc as he always seems to be fair and separates hype and salesmanship when they cross the line into untruths. Ex TX is a goof in good sorta way who loves what he sells as he should. I have a question did you check the public records and you KNOW there is no BK filing ? I highly doubt Costco would issue a press lease about this by way.

On Sepr 19th 2007, HYDROSPA filed Chapter 11 BANKRUPTCY.

I was told by Bob the owner of Hydrospa that they don't think they will recover from this latest financal downfall. So if you have a warranty problem, you are more them likly S.O.L.

This is why its so quiet :lol::lol::lol::lol::P

Personally, I am one of 2 owners of Roberts Hot Tubs, a manufacturer of traditional wooden hot tubs, and Extreme Spa Covers, manufacturing typical spa covers.

The "information" I got came from THREE different companies we do business with. Each one CALLED us to let us know about the bankruptcy and hoped we weren't owed any monies from them.

BTW I'm also told it's reorganization bankruptcy.... but after hearing the list of current debts..........................

On Sepr 19th 2007, HYDROSPA filed Chapter 11 BANKRUPTCY.

I was told by Bob the owner of Hydrospa that they don't think they will recover from this latest financal downfall. So if you have a warranty problem, you are more them likly S.O.L.

I

There is no financial "downfall" and Hydrospa has NOT filed for bankruptcy. Bankruptcy is a PUBLIC process and any bankruptcy filing is a matter of public record. 'Bob' the 'owner' of Hydrospa has not told you anything. Go soak yourself.

I have a question did you check the public records and you KNOW there is no BK filing ? I highly doubt Costco would issue a press lease about this by way.

Prove a negative? Prove Hydrospa did NOT file bankruptcy? <laugh> If there were a Hydrospa bankruptcy filing, it would be a matter of PUBLIC record. The local newspapers near Hydrospa would print it. There would be press releases. It would be news. But no, the only 'news' is what people here with annonymous handles are saying they have 'heard.' There is nothing secret about a bankruptcy filing but there is plenty that is secret about the affiliations of the dingdongs who post here with their trash.

Personally, I am one of 2 owners of Roberts Hot Tubs, a manufacturer of traditional wooden hot tubs, and Extreme Spa Covers, manufacturing typical spa covers.

The "information" I got came from THREE different companies we do business with. Each one CALLED us to let us know about the bankruptcy and hoped we weren't owed any monies from them.

BTW I'm also told it's reorganization bankruptcy.... but after hearing the list of current debts..........................

I'm surprised that you could even do business with three different companies. It's humorous to think of you as a supplier to Hydrospa and that's the only way that you could be owed money by them. What could you possibly sell them, decorative wood trim? If there was any real bankruptcy filing, it would be a matter of PUBLIC record and people here would have posted it. Instead, there are just rumors posted by people with a long history of hatred of Hydrospa that they have allegedly 'heard' whispered in their ear.

"You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violate any law."

This is clearly only a rumor at present, and members should take care in treating it as established fact. Alaska Recreational, your post is hearsay (sorry, but it is).

I would think that if the alleged bankruptcy happens, this will be duly reported in the trade media.

NewNW, you have logic on your side, but why not try a little tact as a garnish? The crow will be no softer, but at least a little more tasty, should you have to eat it in the future. ;)

why is it OK for people who truly have no information about the spa industry to come and insult the people who earn living by working in the industry. The spa people get called lairs, sleazy, unethical, etc, etc, and yet the hypocrites who drop in to cast this ascertations quickly leave when they are called out on their LIES and FASLEHOODS and are unaccountable for their actions, I think it is immoral for them to do this and the question of their character is much more open to debate than those they are throwing stones at. Why don't some of the people who do the name calling ever provide real and tangible examples to support their accusations. The industry people here by and large just try and provide information to people and to keep a balance of things, nothing more.

I just heard that Hydrospas filed for bankruptcy last week. Does anyone know anything about this? Chapter 11 ? 13?

Yeah, you rush here with the sleazy rumors that you have 'heard'. How upstanding of you...not. Bankruptcy is a PUBLIC process in the United States and any bankruptcy filing by Hydrospa would be a matter of PUBLIC record. If you had any actual information, you would have posted it.

Bankruptcy is a PUBLIC process in the United States and any bankruptcy filing by Hydrospa would be a matter of PUBLIC record. If you had any actual information, you would have posted it.

Rest assured that as soon as anyone has concrete information, you'll be informed! :D

Bankruptcy is a PUBLIC process in the United States and any bankruptcy filing by Hydrospa would be a matter of PUBLIC record. If you had any actual information, you would have posted it.

Rest assured that as soon as anyone has concrete information, you'll be the first to know! :D

There is nothing secret about financial information of a company such as Hydrospa. Anyone here could get a Dun and Bradstreet report on them, or any other company here, in a few minutes. But the rumors are so much more damaging so let's go with those, right? Right along with the phony shill posts, the phony 'my-tub-is-crap-and-I'm-taking-it-back-to-Costco' posts, and the 'all-their-tubs-are-junk' posts from 'Roger-the-independent-repair-tech. ' This website is a cesspool and this thread is a new low, even for it. One thing that is obvious, though, is that Hydrospa must be dealing some serious hurt to the hot tub companies whose representatives hang out here so much. If Hydrospa were a financial weakling whose sales were insignificantly small, they would be ignored. Instead, they are the primary topic here most of the time.

Bankruptcy in the United States is a PUBLIC process and all bankruptcy filings are a matter of public record. If Hydrospa had filed for bankruptcy, there would be public court documents, news reports, a press release from Costco, etc. So, no, there is no Hydrospa bankruptcy filing, in spite of what Dr. Spa thinks he might have 'heard'. However, just repeating the mere rumors of such a thing hurt a company that sells things to the public because they frighten off potential buyers, which is your and Dr. Spas true goal, right? Also, Gulf Coast and Hydrospa ended their manufacturing relationship in 2005 MORE THAN TWO YEARS AGO even though you breathlessly repeat it above as if it happened yesterday. So which Canadian hot tub maker do you work for , unhappyhydroFUDgirl? Why don't you come clean? Beachcomber? Arctic? Pacific? Who? Guess what? The falling US dollar is likely to push some Canadian hot tub makers into bankruptcy because it has made them much less competitive in the U.S. market with US hot tub makers. Only the strong survive. Deal with it.

Do you think bankruptcy happens overnight NW? Yes it was 2 years ago that Gulf Coast and Hydro Spas ended their relationship. That would be about the time it takes for Hydro to figure out that they just can't make it without the flow through of 10,000 tubs a year that they used to do for Gulf Coast.

As for not being able to find the public filings once again that doesn't happen overnight. Give it a couple of weeks and I'm sure we will be reading all about it.

Lastly, can Tom or another Mod please remove NW from the boards? I take great exception to the following remarks towards me from NW.

"So which Canadian hot tub maker do you work for , unhappyhydroFUDgirl? Why don't you come clean? Beachcomber? Arctic? Pacific?"

I have stated many many times my issue with my Hydro Spa and after almost every post I make regarding Hydro Spa inveitably NW pops up to slag me. I have YET TO SEE ANY PROOF OF NW EVEN OWNING A HOTTUB.

DO YOU OWN ONE NW? WHERE'S THE PROOF??

Rest assured that as soon as anyone has concrete information, you'll be the first to know! :D

There is nothing secret about financial information of a company such as Hydrospa. Anyone here could get a Dun and Bradstreet report on them, or any other company here, in a few minutes. But the rumors are so much more damaging so let's go with those, right? Right along with the phony shill posts, the phony 'my-tub-is-crap-and-I'm-taking-it-back-to-Costco' posts, and the 'all-their-tubs-are-junk' posts from 'Roger-the-independent-repair-tech. ' This website is a cesspool and this thread is a new low, even for it. One thing that is obvious, though, is that Hydrospa must be dealing some serious hurt to the hot tub companies whose representatives hang out here so much. If Hydrospa were a financial weakling whose sales were insignificantly small, they would be ignored. Instead, they are the primary topic here most of the time.

I think you've flipped your lid, Why do people like you not want to deal with the facts, Hydrospa might make a OK tub but we dealers can offer the very same tub or very simialr tubs for the same price as Costco but we do know why they cost less than some other tubs do, we have them on our showroom floor it is very easy to see the diffirences. Again and the silence and non comments about this example are very telling. KIA and BMW both are cars but one cost thousands more but people happily buy both but do so knowing one is a better product and one is a value product but people choose both for their own personal reasons. Spas are no different some are just made better and are nicer than others no big deal and yes they cost more but just because they do that's not to say dealers who sell the upper end spas are ripping people off no more than dealers who sell BMW's are ripping off people who want a nicer product. It is only those people who are delusional who want to believe they found a magic way to get the very same thing for thousands of dollars less those are the people with the real issues.

Right along with the phony shill posts, the phony 'my-tub-is-crap-and-I'm-taking-it-back-to-Costco' posts,

Re-read my posts. Mine are accurate, have contact names and numbers, and pictures to prove my issues.

What do you have to back you up?? I have yet to see ANYTHING! Not one picture of your tub. Not one!

Yeah, you posted some nonsense about "Christine" who allegedly left the company and you posted an 800 number that anyone could get. Yeah, you really 'proved' your issues. You are as phony as the handle you picked, "unhappyHYDROSPAowner" which you first used when you made your first post a few days ago. Just your choice of a handle says a lot about you: that you came here for one reason, that your attitude towards hydrospa was not going to change, that you have an agenda, that there is nothing other than that agenda that you are going to post about during your 'forum lifetime' here.

Perhaps that explains why I asked if anyone had any additional information ? :D

Talked to 2 more companies, one of which they owe monies to...... they don't expect to ever be paid ;)

I just heard that Hydrospas filed for bankruptcy last week. Does anyone know anything about this? Chapter 11 ? 13?

Yeah, you rush here with the sleazy rumors that you have 'heard'. How upstanding of you...not. Bankruptcy is a PUBLIC process in the United States and any bankruptcy filing by Hydrospa would be a matter of PUBLIC record. If you had any actual information, you would have posted it.

Record 1

HYDRO SPA PARTS AND ACC INC (doing business as: "(Debtor-In-Possession)")

SAINT PETERSBURG , FL

LINK: http://partners.dnbsearch.com/cgi-bin/dand...TNERS&R=HL0

debtor in possession

Definition

A company that continues to operate while going through Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.

LINK: http://www.investorwords.com/1324/debtor_in_possession.html

Now for a timeline of events:

May 2005 Hydro Spas opens a brand new 200,000 square foot plant in Florida

LINK: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0NT...44/ai_n13797466

October 2005 Gulf Coast stops ordering 10,000 spas a year from Hydro Spas

LINK: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0NT...44/ai_n15791759

6 months after opening a huge plant they lose 10,000 units a year. Ouch that's gotta hurt!