Spa Moving Companies In Northern Nj?

Does anyone know of any reasonably priced spa moving companies in Northern NJ? And also, what is the going rate? I called two spa dealerships so far, and one said 500 to move it one hour and another said minimum 450.

Can you all tell me what a going rate is? Also, do regular moving companies move spas? Thanks!

Jackie

Does anyone know of any reasonably priced spa moving companies in Northern NJ? And also, what is the going rate? I called two spa dealerships so far, and one said 500 to move it one hour and another said minimum 450.

Can you all tell me what a going rate is? Also, do regular moving companies move spas? Thanks!

Jackie

Hi Jackie - We had our HS tub moved by the Hot Springs people last November - it took them a little over an hour total time - about 10 miles total distance - and it cost us $350. The movers we talked with didn't want to touch it - but I hear that some will move them for a fee.... But we felt better having our hot tub dealer move it. I'd keep checking around ... and good luck!

Jackie

Hi Jackie,

I'm in So Cal. I know that it sounds steep and when you see them move it you will feel like you're getting ripped off, but last year when we bought our used spa I looked high and low before finding that was about the going rate to move a spa. I called moving companies with no luck what-so-ever. So I figure that what we saved from buying a new one was more than worth the expense of paying for the move.

Otherwise if you know a few strong guys and have access to a truck (or want to rent one), it didn't look that difficult to me when they moved it. Empty it wasn't too heavy, they just had a four wheel dolly with pretty good sized wheels, and put the spa on it's side on the dolly. They had a few pieces of plywood to make the path easier to roll on, and there you go.

The downside of it is that you are responsible for any damage you cause rather than them, but if you're careful I would think it would be pretty easy, if you have help. I would suggest having at least 3 guys, though 4 would be better.

Just wanted to thank you both for your reply. I ended up finding a guy who will do it for 350 bucks. Not bad considering it is a 1 hour move. We are going with him. It is just too hard to arrange a group of people to meet at the same time and then attempt to move this thing. Two other places were 500 and 600 so I guess this is a deal!

Thanks again,

Jackie

PS - I get the tub tomorrow - I am sure I will be back with LOTS more questions.

Just wanted to thank you both for your reply. I ended up finding a guy who will do it for 350 bucks. Not bad considering it is a 1 hour move. We are going with him. It is just too hard to arrange a group of people to meet at the same time and then attempt to move this thing. Two other places were 500 and 600 so I guess this is a deal!

Thanks again,

Jackie

PS - I get the tub tomorrow - I am sure I will be back with LOTS more questions.

That is a fare deal to move a spa, hope all goes well.

• 16 years later...

It's been a while since I've hired someone to move a spa, but it's a service that a lot of movers offer (see here https://threemovers.com/moving-services/ )- at least last time I checked. As I recall, the prices varied quite a lot too so it's not a bad idea to get in touch with a couple options before making a decision. As for the going rate, that depends a lot on where and how far you're having it moved. Any companies that move spas should be willing to give you an estimate for free though.