Blower Spas

Not fond of'em though I did consider a SD Cameo when I was looking. I feel like the blower motor sounds too much like an old vacuum cleaner.

The problem with the old blowers were the ice cold air it put into the spa's until the thermolock insulation and the direct port of air into the jet stream changed that whole thing. Now the tub doesn't lose any temperature.

The problem with the old blowers were the ice cold air it put into the spa's until the thermolock insulation and the direct port of air into the jet stream changed that whole thing. Now the tub doesn't lose any temperature.

For true hydrotherapy you want water jets, manufacturers use blowers so they can put lots of tiny air jets in a spa to inflate the jet count.

Umm, an air blower will evacuate the air in the cabinet in your thermopane spa in a snap and then that warm air barrier will be a cool air barrier as the air is replaced with air from outside the spa. So, the air will only be warm for a short time and then it'll be cool. I'm not a blower fan, others are, to each his own.

Umm, an air blower will evacuate the air in the cabinet in your thermopane spa in a snap and then that warm air barrier will be a cool air barrier as the air is replaced with air from outside the spa. So, the air will only be warm for a short time and then it'll be cool. I'm not a blower fan, others are, to each his own.

I love my blower but it comes at a noisy price. Some of the new blowers in the Sundance for instance are quit a bit quieter than mine is. It allows me more adjustment in the feel from the jets. I can choose to not use it or to use it depending on what I would like to feel. Mostly I do not use it, but just about every soak I turn it on for a short time to kick the crap out of my back.

At 90 CFM a blower will remove and replace, with outside air, the air inside a thermal cabinet in let's see.........3.47 seconds

Interesting how easy a topic like this gets turned into a tp v. ff horse whipping but, I guess I'll throw this in as well: Though I have a blowerless tp spa that works as advertised, I have to agree with the ff'ers regarding the turnover of air from within the tp for tp spas that do have a blower (which companies do this?). Either way, cooler/cold air is introduced into the tub. Possibly the heat from the motors will add to the temp a bit but I just don't see how the temp could not be substantially lower in the same way that it is with ff/blower spas. Just another reason why I prefer blowerless spas....

Interesting how easy a topic like this gets turned into a tp v. ff horse whipping but, I guess I'll throw this in as well: Though I have a blowerless tp spa that works as advertised, I have to agree with the ff'ers regarding the turnover of air from within the tp for tp spas that do have a blower (which companies do this?). Either way, cooler/cold air is introduced into the tub. Possibly the heat from the motors will add to the temp a bit but I just don't see how the temp could not be substantially lower in the same way that it is with ff/blower spas. Just another reason why I prefer blowerless spas....

My point wasn't really a knock on TP but on any sales person who throws out the "our blower draws the air from the warm air compartment" pitch.

My point wasn't really a knock on TP but on any sales person who throws out the "our blower draws the air from the warm air compartment" pitch.

Which is absolutly true....for 2.5 seconds. But I would hope most are smart enough to realize the "Our spas draw there blower air from the warm air barrier" is one big crock of Sales Pitch.

Brulan, don't you think it is amazing how there are alot of posters that can see right through every single BS sales pitch thrown at them. You know why? We have seen every single one long before you started visiting this board.

I run my inlet duct work for my summer cooling vent right down to my pump motor. This duct also supplys air to inside my cabint during air blower operation. My cabinet is sealed very close to air tight so if I didn't do this I could potentialy suck the cabinet sides in...LOL Any way I have monitored air temp at the inlet for my blower during several different lenghts of pump run time and after an initial blast of warmed cabinet air, even as the replacement air is draw across the pump motor which is warm from 1-2-3 or 4 hours of operation it seemed to only change the incoming air temp only a degree or so from the outside air temp.

Myth busted.........oops I mean sales pitch.

Which is absolutly true....for 2.5 seconds. But I would hope most are smart enough to realize the "Our spas draw there blower air from the warm air barrier" is one big crock of Sales Pitch.

Brulan, don't you think it is amazing how there are alot of posters that can see right through every single BS sales pitch thrown at them. You know why? We have seen every single one long before you started visiting this board.

I run my inlet duct work for my summer cooling vent right down to my pump motor. This duct also supplys air to inside my cabint during air blower operation. My cabinet is sealed very close to air tight so if I didn't do this I could potentialy suck the cabinet sides in...LOL Any way I have monitored air temp at the inlet for my blower during several different lenghts of pump run time and after an initial blast of warmed cabinet air, even as the replacement air is draw across the pump motor which is warm from 1-2-3 or 4 hours of operation it seemed to only change the incoming air temp only a degree or so from the outside air temp.

Myth busted.........oops I mean sales pitch.

I am just telling the truth from when we had full foam and took the freezing cold air and injected it into the tub lowering the temperature. Now they are plumbed into the jets. Isn't it funny how you think everything is a sales pitch. Who am I selling on here? :rolleyes:

I was referring to spa's with blowers in them

ahhhhhhhhh. then your question is just as it says........... It's an opinion, a personal opinion. If you like the feeling of the blower, go for it. Many do. If you don't like it. Don't go for it. Many don't.

When I was doing daily service work I had customers that if their blower broke, as far as they were concerned the spa was unusable. I had other that their blower broke 10 years ago and they not only didn't care, they didn't even know it was broken.

Yes, a blower will cool the spa water and increase your operating cost..... but, you like the feeling of the hot water, so you pay for the cost of heating the spa.... If you like the feeling of the blower, it's simply a part of the overall operating expense for the spa that YOU enjoy and like the feeling of.

I like the blower. The ones that I've heard lately are VERY quiet compared to many out there. Yes, they DO use the warm air form under the cabinet... and it will last for a little while. I usually use the blower just for a moment anyway... and happen to like the refreshing bubbles in the summer especially. I think when they are tied in with aromatherapy, it is nice to have a pleasant scent without actually adding a substance to the water. It's not theraputic in the "muscle relaxing" context... but it's called aromatherapy for a reason. I give it a thumbs up! :)

I like the blower. The ones that I've heard lately are VERY quiet compared to many out there. Yes, they DO use the warm air form under the cabinet... and it will last for a little while. I usually use the blower just for a moment anyway... and happen to like the refreshing bubbles in the summer especially. I think when they are tied in with aromatherapy, it is nice to have a pleasant scent without actually adding a substance to the water. It's not theraputic in the "muscle relaxing" context... but it's called aromatherapy for a reason. I give it a thumbs up! :)

I would have to disagree in the theraputic aspect because the jets to recieve a little more volume when they are plumed within the jet stream unless it is just seperate air injectors like the thermo spa.

Just curio, are you selling Thermospas now too as you've mentioned them a couple times lately?

No I would not carry a second line. I have a very good relationship with Coleman. I have been with them for 21 years and there is no reason to sell any other brand. We sold HS back in 1985 for 1 year and I didn't like them as much as coleman at the time. I wish Coleman would do commercials and advertise from the Top down like HS. If I would of known that HS was going to do that in the future I would of kept them.

I would have to disagree in the theraputic aspect because the jets to recieve a little more volume when they are plumed within the jet stream unless it is just seperate air injectors like the thermo spa.

I may have worded this incorrectly. In regards to the "blower" (in this topic)... air pump only... when the air passes over a scent packet, it brings scented bubbles to the surface of the water. The scent is the "therapy" part. Hence, AROMAtherapy. I'm sure that a lot of money in the US (I don't know the stats on this) is spent on aromatherapy in day spas, inscense stores, natural essential oils, candles, massage and the like. The aromatherapy in a spa appeals to those folks (like myself) that enjoy a good scent. Much more preferred over a bad scent.

The air injected into the jet stream of water definately gives more "jet action" with a stronger output. That is not what I was referring to.