Warranty

balsam41

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A luxury tax its one thing, but, to do that without legislation supporting and enforcing true and honest business practices, is wrong. Taxation without representation is just plain wrong. :(

Now where have I heard that before? Hope nobodys dumping tea in the harbour, this expat is getting upset!

Its always good to look at the full warranty prior to making a purchase.

I think you are right, however, if, as some have stated, that they do not have that information, ( we are talking sales people here) how can they pass on this information to the consumer? Word of mouth from a sales person, or just written on a invoice seems to be acceptable by some. Buyer beware, make sure you have a copy of the warranty before you purchase, read it, question it, you are paying for it.

I know Caldera Spas has a great warranty and it is in their brochures. They have alot less problems than a cheaper spa and I haven't had anything break yet that isn't covered.

Yes, Caldera is a watkins product and they are very proud of their warranties.

HotSprings warranty is excellent. Basically a full 5 years "parts" and "labor". Non-pro-rated. Also it has a "no-fault" heater warranty.

Coleman also has the same but the heater included is non-prorated. 10 year shell, 7 year surface, lifetime frame.

Coleman also has the same but the heater included is non-prorated. 10 year shell, 7 year surface, lifetime frame.

I think only Catalina has a prorated warranty on equipmnet of teh major or semi-major spa makers so I'm not sure why anyone needs to really state that.

Does the Coleman heater warranty cover it regardless of water chemistry?

I think only Catalina has a prorated warranty on equipmnet of teh major or semi-major spa makers so I'm not sure why anyone needs to really state that.

Does the Coleman heater warranty cover it regardless of water chemistry?

I believe not, correct me if I'm wrong.

Cool, it looks like you're on par with the major spa manufacturers.

The only thing I hate about coleman is that they warranty the stainless steel jets for 1 year rather than 5 years like the grey jets. They do this because they become pitted. I tell customers that right off the bat and try to just push the regular gray jets. Oh and the stainless steel are a 200 dollar upgrade.

The only thing I hate about coleman is that they warranty the stainless steel jets for 1 year rather than 5 years like the grey jets. They do this because they become pitted. I tell customers that right off the bat and try to just push the regular gray jets. Oh and the stainless steel are a 200 dollar upgrade.

$200 for some bling that you can't see when the spas full of water.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you are right, however, if, as some have stated, that they do not have that information, ( we are talking sales people here) how can they pass on this information to the consumer? Word of mouth from a sales person, or just written on a invoice seems to be acceptable by some. Buyer beware, make sure you have a copy of the warranty before you purchase, read it, question it, you are paying for it.

If i worked for acompany that didn't providethe warranty in the brochure... to be helpful, i would take the warranty out of it's little package in the spa, make a copy and duplicate it. It would be available to give in full at a moments notice to anyone interested... unless the warranty isn't available for a reason.

If i worked for acompany that didn't providethe warranty in the brochure... to be helpful, i would take the warranty out of it's little package in the spa, make a copy and duplicate it. It would be available to give in full at a moments notice to anyone interested... unless the warranty isn't available for a reason.

I just realized in the back of Coleman's brochure is the warrany information. They just started doing that this year. :rolleyes: finally

Took a while to find, but I thought this was out there. According to federal law, the seller of a product over $15 MUST provide a written copy of the warranty on request...................

The FTC's Rule on Pre-Sale Availability of Written Warranty Terms requires that written warranties on consumer products costing more than $15 be available to consumers before they buy. The Rule has provisions that specify what retailers, including mail order, catalog, and door-to-door sellers, must do to accomplish this. The Rule also specifies what manufacturers must do so that sellers can meet their obligations under the Rule. These provisions are explained in this section.

What Retailers Must Do

If you sell directly to consumers who come to your place of business to buy, you must make written warranties available at the point of sale. You must do this with all written warranties on the products you sell warranties from manufacturers, as well as any written warranties you extend.

The Pre-Sale Availability Rule requires that sellers make warranties readily available to prospective buyers either by displaying them in close proximity to the warranted products, or by furnishing them upon request prior to sale and posting prominent signs to let customers know that warranties can be examined upon request. The Rule does not specify any particular method for fulfilling its requirements. For example, an appliance retailer might post a refrigerator warranty on the front of the appliance, or in the freezer compartment. Or, a retailer of small products, such as watches or electric razors, might keep the warranties readily available behind the counter, or keep them indexed in a binder near the warranted products, and post signs stating their availability. Any of these methods is acceptable.

• 1 month later...

For me Bullfrog spas are that offers the best warranty. Includes warranty for Jetpak plumbing, cabinet, shell structure, surface and blame free warranty! Click Here to see details

You've now spammed each of the 3 major spa sites with this same message the past few days. If you're going to stop by try to contribute more than an advertisement. Yeah, I know you believe in the product and want to help others find their way toward the greatest thing since sliced bread, blah, blah, blah.