Warranty

balsam41

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but the manufacturer is not.

The topic title is "Warranty" not "manufacturer bashing." And no manufacturer stands up to the mighty Hot Spring Spas. Can you detect the sarcasm in my voice?

The topic title is "Warranty" not "manufacturer bashing." And no manufacturer stands up to the mighty Hot Spring Spas. Can you detect the sarcasm in my voice?

I agree, this holyier than thou Hotsprings attitude is nausiating. I was seriously considering purchasing an Envoy until I came to this site.

If the manufacturer truly believes in their warranty, they will show the consumer the warranty prior to the sale. If the consumers cannot see the "FULL" warranty prior to the sale, the manufacturers credibility has to be in question. I am not saying HotSpring is the be all end all of manufacturers, but, there full warranty is on there brochure which any consumer can see.

Is the Master Spa warranty on their brochure and/or shown in full to consumers, prior to the sale? Carefull, I already know the answer!

The warranty comes with the owners manual, which is sealed in a plastic bag with the light lens covers, registration card, etc. If a customer wants to "study" our warranty, all they need to do is ask. I'm not the factory, but I would guess they don't publish the warranty in the brochure because competitors have a tendency of drawing conclusions that may not necessarily be based on truth.

The warranty comes with the owners manual, which is sealed in a plastic bag with the light lens covers, registration card, etc. If a customer wants to "study" our warranty, all they need to do is ask. I'm not the factory, but I would guess they don't publish the warranty in the brochure because competitors have a tendency of drawing conclusions that may not necessarily be based on truth.

If you want a copy of Master Spas warranty, all you have to do is go online and download it. And Kreg, you are right, it is a good warranty, it just did'nt make my top 3. I take it you are a Master spa guy or consumer.

I'm not the factory, but I would guess they don't publish the warranty in the brochure because competitors have a tendency of drawing conclusions that may not necessarily be based on truth.

That makes little sense to me. The competitior can get the warranty info off the internet if they choose and draw whatever conclusions they want that way. How does keeping it out of teh pre-sale literature stop a competig salesperson from throwing out a line of bull about your product?

Having the warranty clearly printed in a brochure (the pre-sale literature) can only help to educate the consumer more and help them in their purchasing decisions. I think having it in both pre-sale and post sale literature is the way to go and I know as a consumer I'd prefer it available in a handout. Having it on the intenet is a great source as well but somewhat of a backup to having it in my hand when I'm talking to the salesperson.

That makes little sense to me. The competitior can get the warranty info off the internet if they choose and draw whatever conclusions they want that way. How does keeping it out of teh pre-sale literature stop a competig salesperson from throwing out a line of bull about your product?

Having the warranty clearly printed in a brochure (the pre-sale literature) can only help to educate the consumer more and help them in their purchasing decisions. I think having it in both pre-sale and post sale literature is the way to go and I know as a consumer I'd prefer it available in a handout. Having it on the intenet is a great source as well but somewhat of a backup to having it in my hand when I'm talking to the salesperson.

I was only speculating on why they don't put it in the brochure. They really have nothing to hide, especially since it is a download on the website. Perhaps it has never been brought up or thought of. Perhaps they were trying to save a tree, who knows.

I sell HotSpring and they print their warranty on the brochure and I haven't heard anyone intelligently be able to say anything negative about it. I know that other warranties are good also. I am just suprised that more companies would not be more forthright about it, thats all.

I sell HotSpring and they print their warranty on the brochure and I haven't heard anyone intelligently be able to say anything negative about it. I know that other warranties are good also. I am just suprised that more companies would not be more forthright about it, thats all.

Those heartless Ba$tards. Dont they realize how many trees it takes to make their brochures? :angry:

Perhaps it has never been brought up or thought of. Perhaps they were trying to save a tree, who knows.

I can buy those random theories a lot easier than the idea that they were trying to thwart the competition from mischaracterizing their warranty.

I gotta believe it's been brought up and though of but I don't think it's a major deal since it's on the net; still, it sure would help the customer a bit more.

I really don't envy the consumer at all in their search for a spa. This industry needs alot more government regulation.

Shsssssh don't let the government know there's a spa industry, next thing you know there will be a hydrotherapy tax.