Looking For A Reputable Builder In Southern Cali...

I live in Eastern LA County/Riverside County area, near Pomona, CA and am looking for a reputable pool builder. So far Malins out of Chino is the front runner with repect to our comfort level and their reputation, I have looked into Blue Fountain in Chino...but that was before talking to a buddy from work who used them two years ago and said they're great if you want to get home and yell at them for a few hours each day!

I would also consider hiring subs direct if I could find reputable ones. The hard thing to find is an excavator, and someone to install the steel, electrical, and plumbing...

I did find a company called Long Swimming Pool Steel out of Anaheim that sounded great...they do all the excavation, plumbing, steel basket, and electrical...they basically get you ready for gunite. but they wouldn't return my call for two weeks then wanted $300 just to quote me a price based off a drawing I already had!

We are not looking for anything fancy. any help would be appreciated.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I am also loking for a builder, I not sure Mailin is a reputable company, given its new ower and his past conviction per the state web site when he did business as Curtis pools. Anyone know if this is the same guy? Also anyone have feed back on Creative custom pools? or Splash?

I am very familiar with many pool companies in the IE. From my experience I can tell you that you are better off going with a small company. (not too small) the reason being is more control over construction prosses that will ultimatly result in a better quality pool. Now im not saying that all big companie are bad there is some great ones out there. The companies that dont pay there subs on time or hire unlicenced subs are the ones that: take too long to finish , cut corners, and come up with hidden surprices, reason being is they get the money from the new pool to finish the pool before (thats illegal).

anyways try out www.baylespools.com out of rancho cucamonga great guys Dave balyles takes care of you from start to finish family owned. I can also recommend Universal rock pools also family owned Out of San bernardino

• 2 weeks later...

Do NOT go with Diamond Creek pools in Chino.

The management is completely incompetent. Our spa was "supervised" by the head's guy nephew or cousin, who was just a kid (probably 20 years old). He didn't know what the hell he was doing. They failed to get inspections from the City when they were supposed to, forcing them to rip certain things out and start over again. Start to finish, the spa took over a year to complete. Even the workers say bad things about management.

On three or four different occasions, somebody from their Chino office showed up at my front door - unannounced - demanding I pay the next installment even though it wasn't time yet. One time they came asking for money when the check had already been cashed a week earlier. I was told the owner wanted the money because his wife's spending habits were out of control.

• 2 months later...

The management is completely incompetent. Our spa was "supervised" by the head's guy nephew or cousin, who was just a kid (probably 20 years old). He didn't know what the hell he was doing. They failed to get inspections from the City when they were supposed to, forcing them to rip certain things out and start over again. Start to finish, the spa took over a year to complete. Even the workers say bad things about management.

On three or four different occasions, somebody from their Chino office showed up at my front door - unannounced - demanding I pay the next installment even though it wasn't time yet. One time they came asking for money when the check had already been cashed a week earlier. I was told the owner wanted the money because his wife's spending habits were out of control.

May i ask when your pool was built??? As of January or '06 the business is under new management with all the same employees working there. And honestly i find it very hard to believe that any employee from any company would say the owners wifes spending habits are out of control. WEIRD!

• 2 months later...

Wish I had read this before going with Diamond Creek Pools. They are incompetent, they do not pay attention to detail and they ALWAYS demand payment. We made the mistake of paying the last installment before final and we are now on our 4th week of waiting for changes to be made in order to pass inspection. I will NEVER recommend Diamond Creek Pools.

May i ask when your pool was built??? As of January or '06 the business is under new management with all the same employees working there. And honestly i find it very hard to believe that any employee from any company would say the owners wifes spending habits are out of control. WEIRD!

Not Weird at all...I've tried speaking with the owner. He has NO IDEA of how to run a company and has NO business trying to build pools!