Hot Tub On Paver Patio?

We're getting a paver patio put in after Labor Day and ordering a large new hot tub to go on it...our landscaper seems to know what he's doing. But is there anything we should make sure he does to ensure that the patio will support the hot tub that will hold 800 gallons (and be 93" x 130" x 39.5" and weigh 7864 lbs. filled)?

Thanks in advance for any insights you can provide!

We're getting a paver patio put in after Labor Day and ordering a large new hot tub to go on it...our landscaper seems to know what he's doing. But is there anything we should make sure he does to ensure that the patio will support the hot tub that will hold 800 gallons (and be 93" x 130" x 39.5" and weigh 7864 lbs. filled)?

While we decided to pour an 8" thick concrete slab with rebar...we've heard and seen that you can get away with pavers. I'd imagine the most important thing to make sure is that the area is level with plenty of drainage material under the pavers to help ensure it stays that way.

Be sure not to "box in" your spa. (ours is and it is a major pain) make sure you can move it if you ever want to clean or service the spa. Also consider how and where you will be draining your spa water. That's 800 gallons of chemically-treated water at least every 4 months. I would personally put in concrete slab with a real drain in it.

Go to your local spa dealers and ask them for installation recommendations - they should be able to lend their experience to you!

Be sure not to "box in" your spa. (ours is and it is a major pain) make sure you can move it if you ever want to clean or service the spa. Also consider how and where you will be draining your spa water. That's 800 gallons of chemically-treated water at least every 4 months. I would personally put in concrete slab with a real drain in it.

Go to your local spa dealers and ask them for installation recommendations - they should be able to lend their experience to you!

Spa water is cleaner going into the ground than the stuff that comes off your car when you wash it.

I built my paver patio long before I decided to get a tub but when it came time I didn't even think twice about putting it on paver's. Having good support underneath the pavers along with drainage is very important. I used 3 inches of crushed gravel tamped down and pavers on top. A few pictures to show how mine is setup.

DSC00635.jpg

DSC01267.jpg

DSC01159.jpg

DSC01162.jpg

DSC03781Small.jpg

DSC03779.jpg

DSC03750.jpg

Electric is above ground but under the deck...there is about a 3 foot walk around the pavers...I covered it like a wood deck...the power is under that and through the side of the tub. Look at the last photo....that black door mat on the decking is where the power goes in the tub.

Thanks for the pics jwillard. I am in the process of a build rather similar to yours and was wondering how you attached the electric with the pavers already in place? Did you have to pull some up, or did you run the electrical cable above ground?

Make sure you get a seating depth chart if you plan to come from underneath the spa w/ the conduit. Your Hot tub dealer should have one for your particular model.