What To Do With Limited Choices.

balsam41

Greeting from Gainesville fl. We have 2 dealerships here. BOTH owned by the same person. Talk

about monoply. One sells Leisure Bay spas , the other Hot Springs .

Jacksonville is about an hour and forty five minutes from here . There you can find all kinds of spas.

My question is this (moving is not the answer) . Just buy a hot spings spa or travel and check out D 1 and the others. I have already owned 2 sundance spas in the past( both cameo models). I had no problems with them.

The sales guy at the leisure bay place said he can get me a sundance spas but we didn't talk price. He was actually giving me a better price on the hot spring spas then the place that sells them.Weird I know.

I've been coming to this board daily for over a month. Can we talk circulation pump!!

:wacko:

Any thoughts ?

Thanks !

You mentioned a monopoly, but you did not mention prices. Do the local dealers (dealer) have fair prices?

It's been over a 2 months since I was out looking . I think the price for a Hot springs Grandee 2006 was $10885..

I didn't try to negotiate the time I was there. At the leisure bay dealership I believe the salesman said he could get me 2005 Grandee for $9500. Again I was just out kicking tires.

I don't know what a fair price for an 06 Grandee or Vista is. I also don't know how much less a left over should be. What is the make up on these things ??? I don't want to buy and find out later that I paid through the nose !

Thanks

Balsam,

I feel your pain re: limited choices. I live just south of Tallahassee and found my spa, MasterSpas LSX, in Tampa which, at that time (2 years ago) was the only MS dealer in FL. Fortunately, now, Tallahassee has an MS dealer.

When I was looking, only Leisure Bay and Hot Springs were represented in Tallahassee and then a brand new Sundance dealer opened in the area. Unfortunately, the new SD dealer gave me no positive vibes and was ruled out accordingly even though I was impressed with the Cameo wet test. I ruled out the Leisure Bay from a quality standpoint. I wet tested the HS tubs...they were very nice quality-wise but the price and the therapy kept me looking.

Other dealers....D1, Jacuzzi, Marquis....were anywhere from 65 to 150 miles away and the MS dealer in Tampa was about 200 miles away. I went to Tampa and wet tested the LSX and loved the therapy. After negotiating on the price for a month or so, we were able to strike a deal and I've been pleased with the decision ever since.

I would suggest you look outside of Gainesville and find the tub that is the best fit for you. If you get lucky and find "your" tub in Gainesville, that is the best case scenario....having a local dealer is indeed important. But settling for a local dealer by buying a tub that does not have suitable therapy is a mistake, IMO. Good luck with your search.

$9500 for a grandee is a deal, and a great spa.

but for cheaper the 706 coleman offers more in terms of jets motors, in my opinion accessability from thermal lock and a better construction (no wood). This is just my opinion. I do love that motomessage.

but for cheaper the 706 coleman offers more in terms of jets motors, in my opinion accessability from thermal lock and a better construction (no wood). This is just my opinion. I do love that motomessage.

Brulan, are you saying coleman spas are cheap?

Balsam,

I feel your pain re: limited choices. I live just south of Tallahassee and found my spa, MasterSpas LSX, in Tampa which, at that time (2 years ago) was the only MS dealer in FL. Fortunately, now, Tallahassee has an MS dealer.

When I was looking, only Leisure Bay and Hot Springs were represented in Tallahassee and then a brand new Sundance dealer opened in the area. Unfortunately, the new SD dealer gave me no positive vibes and was ruled out accordingly even though I was impressed with the Cameo wet test. I ruled out the Leisure Bay from a quality standpoint. I wet tested the HS tubs...they were very nice quality-wise but the price and the therapy kept me looking.

Other dealers....D1, Jacuzzi, Marquis....were anywhere from 65 to 150 miles away and the MS dealer in Tampa was about 200 miles away. I went to Tampa and wet tested the LSX and loved the therapy. After negotiating on the price for a month or so, we were able to strike a deal and I've been pleased with the decision ever since.

I would suggest you look outside of Gainesville and find the tub that is the best fit for you. If you get lucky and find "your" tub in Gainesville, that is the best case scenario....having a local dealer is indeed important. But settling for a local dealer by buying a tub that does not have suitable therapy is a mistake, IMO. Good luck with your search.

Thanks for the input..

I lived in the Princeton NJ area for 52 years and moved to Gainesville 2 years ago.I like it here but I'm starting to realize that there were more choices back home.

Did the dealer charge you extra to ship the spa from Tampa?

I was thinking of driving to Jacksonville to check out the D1 spas. I have never seen those or the Marguis spas. Choices ,Choices, Choices!!

Thanks

Thanks for the input..

I lived in the Princeton NJ area for 52 years and moved to Gainesville 2 years ago.I like it here but I'm starting to realize that there were more choices back home.

Did the dealer charge you extra to ship the spa from Tampa?

I was thinking of driving to Jacksonville to check out the D1 spas. I have never seen those or the Marguis spas. Choices ,Choices, Choices!!

Thanks

Sorry it has taken so long to answer your post.

The deal I cut with the dealer included delivery and setup...that was the way I negotiated the price so I have no idea what the cost was to me.

Do drive to Jax and check out the D1 and Marquis line....they are both very well regarded spas.

Good luck with your search.