Salt Generator

Brulan1

Well pointed out.

How much worse can salt be than bromine or seachlor or any chlorine for that matter. I would say not keeping the PH in range can be more of an issue for corrosion. I know AquaCal or Aerotemp is making something similar to the Ecosmarte for no chlorine as well and they are using one of our spa's as a test to see how well it works. I just thought salt would be a great idea to generate chlorine rather than using any other chemical. Aqua Cal also came out with some sort of PH buffer. And I already use your Ecosmarte units on the tubs for over a year now and it has been a great success. I love the Co2 also and we have used them in pools and are confident of them working in spa's as a buffer.

I'm not sure about "aquacal" in particular. Pioneer H2o makes a great automatic salt sanitizing option called the "genesis". After my company began to carry them, I liked the system so much I put one on my pool at home.

The salt system that I am aware of for spas is an automatic "bromine" generator instead of chlorine. The one I put on my pool was a chlorine generator. Basically works the same just one uses sodium bromide as the base instead of sodium chloride. This eliminates the concern of the stability of chlorine in the water because it doesn't produce chlorine.

There is a significant $$ savings with a salt system instead of using standard chemicals. It makes it a LOT easier to take care of and has a 5-year unconditional warranty. The water doesn't smell bad, it doesn't bleach your hair or bathingsuit and makes your skin soft!

The most common question I come accross: "Is it is corrosive?". The amount of sodium in the water is nothing close to the high saline levels of the ocean. It has very low PPM (parts per million) so is not corrosive.

As with all systems, I suggest to test the water weekly just to make sure it is in balance (sanitizer level, alkalinity and PH). No concerns of corrossion if monitored properly.

Back in highschool when I was on the swim team one of the schools had a salt system in it. We loved going to that school. I always felt better after a swim there because it didn't have the "chemical feel" to it. I'm all for a salt sytem. I think even though they cost a bit more up front... it's worth every penny in the long run in my opinion. Again, this is in regards specifically to the "genesis" by pioneer h2o... not sure about aquacal.

I'm not sure about "aquacal" in particular. Pioneer H2o makes a great automatic salt sanitizing option called the "genesis". After my company began to carry them, I liked the system so much I put one on my pool at home.

The salt system that I am aware of for spas is an automatic "bromine" generator instead of chlorine. The one I put on my pool was a chlorine generator. Basically works the same just one uses sodium bromide as the base instead of sodium chloride. This eliminates the concern of the stability of chlorine in the water because it doesn't produce chlorine.

There is a significant $$ savings with a salt system instead of using standard chemicals. It makes it a LOT easier to take care of and has a 5-year unconditional warranty. The water doesn't smell bad, it doesn't bleach your hair or bathingsuit and makes your skin soft!

The most common question I come accross: "Is it is corrosive?". The amount of sodium in the water is nothing close to the high saline levels of the ocean. It has very low PPM (parts per million) so is not corrosive.

As with all systems, I suggest to test the water weekly just to make sure it is in balance (sanitizer level, alkalinity and PH). No concerns of corrossion if monitored properly.

Back in highschool when I was on the swim team one of the schools had a salt system in it. We loved going to that school. I always felt better after a swim there because it didn't have the "chemical feel" to it. I'm all for a salt sytem. I think even though they cost a bit more up front... it's worth every penny in the long run in my opinion. Again, this is in regards specifically to the "genesis" by pioneer h2o... not sure about aquacal.

I have tried the bromine generating systems and regardless of what the manufacturers claim the water is corrosive enough to eat heating elements in months.

I have tried the bromine generating systems and regardless of what the manufacturers claim the water is corrosive enough to eat heating elements in months.

As with any system... if not operated/ monitored properly... it can be damaging. If the spa owner puts the correct amount of sodium bromide in the water and monitors the sanitations levels as recommended, the system works better than anything else in my opinion. If you don't monitor your water and let it become corrosive, whether you are using a salt sanitizing system or anything else (chlorine/ bromine/ nature two... anything) ... it will be damaging. This is why I have an unlimited amount of sanitizing (spa maintenance) sessions available to my customers to make sure that they have ongoing support and can help if challenges arrise. When a spa owner is educated properly, corrosion simply won't happen. I still believe very strongly that I prefer a salt system over chlorine or bromine any day. once you understand how it works... it just makes sense. It is a LOT easier!

As with any system... if not operated/ monitored properly... it can be damaging. If the spa owner puts the correct amount of sodium bromide in the water and monitors the sanitations levels as recommended, the system works better than anything else in my opinion. If you don't monitor your water and let it become corrosive, whether you are using a salt sanitizing system or anything else (chlorine/ bromine/ nature two... anything) ... it will be damaging. This is why I have an unlimited amount of sanitizing (spa maintenance) sessions available to my customers to make sure that they have ongoing support and can help if challenges arrise. When a spa owner is educated properly, corrosion simply won't happen. I still believe very strongly that I prefer a salt system over chlorine or bromine any day. once you understand how it works... it just makes sense. It is a LOT easier!

Another words a salt generator wouldn't be such a bad idea in a hot tub. It makes sense to me. So you can use a Co2 for your PH buffer if you do not like the ecosmarte unit and you can use that puffer with a salt generator. Aqua cal is coming by during the summer to hook up there new chlorine free system equivelent to the Ecosmarte and I will ask them about a salt generator for the tubs and see if they ever looked into that. ;)