Clear Water Spas ?

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INPUT ON CLEARWATER SPAS ?

I wet tested a 9100 Ultra about a month ago and was very impressed by the way it deep massaged my whole body. With the 3 five hp motors and 92 jets it really moves the water very well. It felt the best of all I have wet tested so far which includes Hotsprings Envoy, Sundance Optima, Marquis Epic, Coleman X481, D1 Diplomat and Tiger River Caspian. The Ultra 9100 felt the best of those I tested for invigorating therapy action in the tub, however I couldn't get it tuned down to give a gentle type massage like the Envoy seven jets give. The seating and lounger are sized large enough for professional football players up to about 6'4". in fact they advertise that several professional teams use it for therapy. I believe it. If you really extra sized and need a tub for therapy, rehab or arthritis this would be one worth considering. If you are looking for something with a little more gentle massage the others are great especially the Envoy. One thing I also liked was that it had non-proprietory jets which are easy and relatively inexpensive to replace if needed, All in all I give it a thumbs up. If I could afford one I would seriously consider buying one, it was the most expensive of the bunch with the Marquis close behind.

I wet tested a 9100 Ultra about a month ago and was very impressed by the way it deep massaged my whole body. With the 3 five hp motors and 92 jets it really moves the water very well. It felt the best of all I have wet tested so far which includes Hotsprings Envoy, Sundance Optima, Marquis Epic, Coleman X481, D1 Diplomat and Tiger River Caspian. The Ultra 9100 felt the best of those I tested for invigorating therapy action in the tub, however I couldn't get it tuned down to give a gentle type massage like the Envoy seven jets give. The seating and lounger are sized large enough for professional football players up to about 6'4". in fact they advertise that several professional teams use it for therapy. I believe it. If you really extra sized and need a tub for therapy, rehab or arthritis this would be one worth considering. If you are looking for something with a little more gentle massage the others are great especially the Envoy. One thing I also liked was that it had non-proprietory jets which are easy and relatively inexpensive to replace if needed, All in all I give it a thumbs up. If I could afford one I would seriously consider buying one, it was the most expensive of the bunch with the Marquis close behind.

It was more expensive than all of the others that you looked at?

It was more expensive than all of the others that you looked at?

Yes,

It was more expensive than the others I tested (Marquis Epic, Hotsprings Envoy, D1 Diplomat, Coleman x481 and Tiger River Caspian). There are more expensive spas than these however they are out of my price range. The Ultra 9100 gave me the best wet test results of those mentioned. Not a wonder that professional football teams use it for therapy.

Just because a spa is more expensive, does'nt mean it is better, Thermo spas prove that.

You might want to take off that HS salemans jacket, go take a good look at a Clearwater 9100 Ultra then come back and give some feedback based on what you see before you start throwing out meaningless comments like that. It certainly does not apply when it comes to Clearwater, they are just slightly higher priced than the others I wet tested. In my opinion is is well worth the price. This coming is from a non-spa salesman, just a person who has formed an opinion on what I have seen. Not just throwing out something negative obviously based on nothing.

You might want to take off that HS salemans jacket, go take a good look at a Clearwater 9100 Ultra then come back and give some feedback based on what you see before you start throwing out meaningless comments like that. It certainly does not apply when it comes to Clearwater, they are just slightly higher priced than the others I wet tested. In my opinion is is well worth the price. This coming is from a non-spa salesman, just a person who has formed an opinion on what I have seen. Not just throwing out something negative obviously based on nothing.

I did take a look at it. But my comment was aimed at all spas, when you are in the market for a spa, prices can be misleading. Price was mentioned as an issue, my advise was not a negative, just something to be aware of. If you see the value in the product over other units, then you are probably making an informed decsision.

I AM LOOKING AT THE ORLANDO , I WET TESTED ONE THE OTHER DAY UNBELIVABLE ,ULTAMATE COTROLE OF ALL JETS IN EACH SEAT !!!

Out of curiosity what are they asking for that spa? Theres a couple of things I would check out on that spa. 2 5hp and 2 3 hp pumps? How are they running all of that on a 50 amp service. Of course you would need that many pumps to run 171 jets.

Out of curiosity what are they asking for that spa? Theres a couple of things I would check out on that spa. 2 5hp and 2 3 hp pumps? How are they running all of that on a 50 amp service. Of course you would need that many pumps to run 171 jets.

You can't run the heater at the same time as the Jets, that's one thing that I did'nt like about it, But when I mentioned what I did'nt like about that spa in a previous post, someone got upset at me, so I was keeping my mouth shut this time.

You can't run the heater at the same time as the Jets, that's one thing that I did'nt like about it, But when I mentioned what I did'nt like about that spa in a previous post, someone got upset at me, so I was keeping my mouth shut this time.

I would never be happy with that in our area during the winter. But then again I would never buy a spa with that many jets.

Very, very good point was made here. Not exactly 100% accurate, but close. The dealer says that you can't run all 3 (5hp) pumps and have it heat. You can run two of the pumps and heater will work. This would bother me quite a bit as well. Sure would hate to lose heat in the dead of winter while letting the 3 pumps run. The dealer wants $9500 here for the standard 9100 Ultra with steps and cover lifter. I have a question for those with more knowledge than myself about the tub having so many jets (92) total. This tub delivers an awesome wet test, but with more jets isn't there be a greater potential for a leak developing since there are so many. I was impressed with the wet test, the tub design, fit and finish look good but it looks like there is more to consider here.

Sorry guys! It's been a little while since I visited the forum.

So, wet testing a Clearwater really says a lot! I love the way they feel! :D I have my bathing suit in my office today and cannot wait untill 6:30. I will be sitting in the Monoco. Similar to the Orlando but with a lounge a lot like the 9100.

The way I use a spa... I move from one seat to another to get the best massage out of each jet arrangement in each seat. Sometimes I will have the pump running on high with the full force of air mixed in for a nice strong massage (which I will today after weeding for a few hours yesterday). As I move from one seat to another, I turn the other pumps off as I go around. I usually only need the jets on for a short period and then like to just soak with the waterfalls going. A gentle reminder that you are supposed to be in the spa for approx 20 minutes or so. There ARE a lot of jets... and they DO feel VERY good. It's fairly rare that a spa chosen specifically for massive therapy (one with a lot of jets and pumps to match) to have 6 people in it and be used as a party spa. Although 6 people fit very comfortable in the Orlando for sure! Usually what I've found is 2-4 folks at a time. Upon the rare occassion that 6 people use the spa... inevitably some want jets, some do not. Some folks want a deep seat and others don't. With this normal type of usage... it is rare to have all 4 pumps running at the same time... but it is absolutely possible. The way the spa is insulated... it re-uses the heat created from the pumps and recyles it. The recycled heat generated from 4 running pumps is enough to make up for the heater not being on for the normal period of usage. I really don't know of other spas that can offer this kind of hydrotherapy. I am very proud of our technitians that have been able to figure this out so people like myself can benifit from the therapy. With normal usage, the issue of heat loss is a very small one- if it's an issue at all. It seems a very small thing to be brought up unless a person plans on having 6 people in the spa using all of the pumps on high for more than 20 minutes at a time. It may be something that is brought up by companies that simply don't offer anything close to the outrageous amount of jets that these spas have. It IS outrageous... but I can honestly say I am personally grateful for what the spas have to offer. I was recently (last week) diagnosed with fibromialgia and these spa in particular have helped me tremendously and changed the quality of my life for the better. This is the absolute truth. :wub:

As for the size of the seats, I've tryed all of the spas mentioned so far personally. I am 5'4" and have numerous seats to sit in where I don't need a snorkle. HAHA! There is usually one nice big seat and others of varying depths to accomodate many different people. It seems to me that there is a spot for each person, enough jets to definately do the job, and enough power to operate completely and accurately.

As for the leak question... I am not a technical person but I will try to help with this one. The clamps used on the hoses are very similar to the ones on a radiator on your car. Meant to withstand heat, corrosion, and vibration. This clamping process has been chosen because it works. A company that makes a spa with 111 jets would be CRAZY to use this system if it is prone to leaks. There is a good reason why Clearwater has been in business with the same owner for 30 years. Even if there is a leak, it is so incredibly easy to fix, I could do it myself. I must say, for me to be able to do it, it has to be VERY easy :wacko: ! The spa is open and easy to access everything underneath it. The tubing used is the same that Coca-cola uses. I mention this because I remember doing a science project in highschool where we took a large nail, punched it through a Coke can full of Coke and after a period of time the ends of the nail sticking out on each side fell off from the corrosive nature of the soda! If the hoses can withstand that, I am very confident that they can withstand above normal spa usage with hot water and chemicals.

And Guzz- you are funny... I don't get mad very easy! :wub: I actually agree with the point that you brought up. There are spas out there that are very cheaply priced and on the higher end as well. The quality of materials and workmanship and value/dollar are the most important things. Anyone can look at a handful of my posts and see that I urge people to do this type of research so they understand completely what they are getting into. I tell people this all the time! Simply put, when you compare spas (you SHOULD) and how they are constructed and the company that stands behind them... when looking at the higher end- you must be willing to learn about differences and how those differences will effect you in the long run. As many folks say in here, the wet test is very important. It seems to me that this spa is passing with flying colors!

Best of luck to you and your shopping Billyhilfigure. If you have any other questions, I'll be happy to help in any way that I can.

Sorry guys! It's been a little while since I visited the forum.

So, wet testing a Clearwater really says a lot! I love the way they feel! :D I have my bathing suit in my office today and cannot wait untill 6:30. I will be sitting in the Monoco. Similar to the Orlando but with a lounge a lot like the 9100.

The way I use a spa... I move from one seat to another to get the best massage out of each jet arrangement in each seat. Sometimes I will have the pump running on high with the full force of air mixed in for a nice strong massage (which I will today after weeding for a few hours yesterday). As I move from one seat to another, I turn the other pumps off as I go around. I usually only need the jets on for a short period and then like to just soak with the waterfalls going. A gentle reminder that you are supposed to be in the spa for approx 20 minutes or so. There ARE a lot of jets... and they DO feel VERY good. It's fairly rare that a spa chosen specifically for massive therapy (one with a lot of jets and pumps to match) to have 6 people in it and be used as a party spa. Although 6 people fit very comfortable in the Orlando for sure! Usually what I've found is 2-4 folks at a time. Upon the rare occassion that 6 people use the spa... inevitably some want jets, some do not. Some folks want a deep seat and others don't. With this normal type of usage... it is rare to have all 4 pumps running at the same time... but it is absolutely possible. The way the spa is insulated... it re-uses the heat created from the pumps and recyles it. The recycled heat generated from 4 running pumps is enough to make up for the heater not being on for the normal period of usage. I really don't know of other spas that can offer this kind of hydrotherapy. I am very proud of our technitians that have been able to figure this out so people like myself can benifit from the therapy. With normal usage, the issue of heat loss is a very small one- if it's an issue at all. It seems a very small thing to be brought up unless a person plans on having 6 people in the spa using all of the pumps on high for more than 20 minutes at a time. It may be something that is brought up by companies that simply don't offer anything close to the outrageous amount of jets that these spas have. It IS outrageous... but I can honestly say I am personally grateful for what the spas have to offer. I was recently (last week) diagnosed with fibromialgia and these spa in particular have helped me tremendously and changed the quality of my life for the better. This is the absolute truth. :wub:

As for the size of the seats, I've tryed all of the spas mentioned so far personally. I am 5'4" and have numerous seats to sit in where I don't need a snorkle. HAHA! There is usually one nice big seat and others of varying depths to accomodate many different people. It seems to me that there is a spot for each person, enough jets to definately do the job, and enough power to operate completely and accurately.

As for the leak question... I am not a technical person but I will try to help with this one. The clamps used on the hoses are very similar to the ones on a radiator on your car. Meant to withstand heat, corrosion, and vibration. This clamping process has been chosen because it works. A company that makes a spa with 111 jets would be CRAZY to use this system if it is prone to leaks. There is a good reason why Clearwater has been in business with the same owner for 30 years. Even if there is a leak, it is so incredibly easy to fix, I could do it myself. I must say, for me to be able to do it, it has to be VERY easy :wacko: ! The spa is open and easy to access everything underneath it. The tubing used is the same that Coca-cola uses. I mention this because I remember doing a science project in highschool where we took a large nail, punched it through a Coke can full of Coke and after a period of time the ends of the nail sticking out on each side fell off from the corrosive nature of the soda! If the hoses can withstand that, I am very confident that they can withstand above normal spa usage with hot water and chemicals.

And Guzz- you are funny... I don't get mad very easy! :wub: I actually agree with the point that you brought up. There are spas out there that are very cheaply priced and on the higher end as well. The quality of materials and workmanship and value/dollar are the most important things. Anyone can look at a handful of my posts and see that I urge people to do this type of research so they understand completely what they are getting into. I tell people this all the time! Simply put, when you compare spas (you SHOULD) and how they are constructed and the company that stands behind them... when looking at the higher end- you must be willing to learn about differences and how those differences will effect you in the long run. As many folks say in here, the wet test is very important. It seems to me that this spa is passing with flying colors!

Best of luck to you and your shopping Billyhilfigure. If you have any other questions, I'll be happy to help in any way that I can.

Amanda, excellant job of describing your product, I want to hire you on my sales force, can you re-locate.

Amanda, excellant job of describing your product, I want to hire you on my sales force, can you re-locate.

Thank you Guzz. I'm flattered. You are the third person to ask me if I wanted a job at another spa establishment. I never thought I'd get job offers by hangin out in the forum occasionally. I will have to decline... I absolutely love being at Clearwater Spas. They treat me and my customers very well. I drive an hour each way just to get to work and back home again. Round trip is about 100 miles. I have to say I'm committed to a very good company and have been for quite a while now.

Thank you Guzz. I'm flattered. You are the third person to ask me if I wanted a job at another spa establishment. I never thought I'd get job offers by hangin out in the forum occasionally. I will have to decline... I absolutely love being at Clearwater Spas. They treat me and my customers very well. I drive an hour each way just to get to work and back home again. Round trip is about 100 miles. I have to say I'm committed to a very good company and have been for quite a while now.

Shucks..... :(