Spa Filling And Startup For Beginner

mcpetran

Need help! - Spa has been delivered and placed and waiting for electrician.

The electrician is going to be here on Monday therefore he is requesting that I fill the tub. Therefore, I am planning on filling today - However need advice on a couple of things:

* In the Owner's Manual, it states to make sure "slice valves" should be in the open position before filling. Can anybody shed some light on what these look like and where they are located?

* It sounds to me like I should remove the filter lid and place the hose direcly into the filter housing. Does this sound correct?

* My plan was to fill it today without chemicals - Then when electric is on(tomorrow), throw in the chemicals and turn this thing on. Does anybody disagree?

Sorry about all of the questions - I am a newbie and have no idea what I am doing.

And I really appreciate all of the help!

Need help! - Spa has been delivered and placed and waiting for electrician.

The electrician is going to be here on Monday therefore he is requesting that I fill the tub. Therefore, I am planning on filling today - However need advice on a couple of things:

* In the Owner's Manual, it states to make sure "slice valves" should be in the open position before filling. Can anybody shed some light on what these look like and where they are located?

* It sounds to me like I should remove the filter lid and place the hose direcly into the filter housing. Does this sound correct?

* My plan was to fill it today without chemicals - Then when electric is on(tomorrow), throw in the chemicals and turn this thing on. Does anybody disagree?

Sorry about all of the questions - I am a newbie and have no idea what I am doing.

And I really appreciate all of the help!

Slice valves are usually used at the pumps and look like little guillotines (sp). They have a T handle on top and twist to lock/unlock and then lift straight up and down to open/close. They are installed to be able to change pumps with the tub filled. You want to be sure they are open before starting any pumps because if closed, something in the plumbing will let go.

Most spas are filled through the filter housing to help eliminate air lock.

Fill today and add chemicals tomorrow when water temp reaches about 85 degrees. The only exception is a metal sequestor if you use one (such as LiesureTime Metal Gon). This should be added when you fill.

Good luck and congratulation.

Hey, thanks Tony - I found the valves - There were two in this tub however I am having difficulty finding the drain. Any ideas? Thanks!

A) The drain is at the bottom base.

B) The drain is located near the splice valve you just opened or near the corner of the spa behind the panel depending on the model.

Happy Tubbing.