Circulation Pumps?

m3722

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

The bottom pick ups on any brand DO NOT filter the water. It bypasses the filter and goes straight into your pump, then your heater, then back into the tub. Your right a bottom pick up that filters is a great idea, kinda defeats the purpose of safety though which is why they are designed into the tub.

Correction, Coleman DOES have the bottom pick up plumbed to the filter. When pump #1 is running on low speed the tub draws water from the bottom and skims from the top.

John

Correction, Coleman DOES have the bottom pick up plumbed to the filter. When pump #1 is running on low speed the tub draws water from the bottom and skims from the top.

John

Yes alot of tubs on low speed pump 1 draw through the filter only. But what about high speed and pump 2?

Yes alot of tubs on low speed pump 1 draw through the filter only. But what about high speed and pump 2?

Most tubs do not have the foot well intakes plumbed to the filter housing before the filter, they are plumbed directly to the pump intake side after the filter. Some tubs have a bypass valve, other’s simply have y plumbed in there.

Coleman draws water to the filter from the top and through the foot well intakes. The foot well intakes are plumbed to the filter housing, before the filter. On high speed some water is drawn through the bypass because the 75 sq/ft filter has a flow rate of 75 gallons per minute, and on high the pump draws about 120 gallons per minute. Bypassing about 45 gallons a min.

Coleman has the plumbing diagram of the filter system on there website under purity.

Pump 2 was not mentioned, only "filtering pumps". Most 2nd and 3rd pumps on spas are for jetting and not filtering / water clean up. :)

Most tubs do not have the foot well intakes plumbed to the filter housing before the filter, they are plumbed directly to the pump intake side after the filter. Some tubs have a bypass valve, other’s simply have y plumbed in there.

Coleman draws water to the filter from the top and through the foot well intakes. The foot well intakes are plumbed to the filter housing, before the filter. On high speed some water is drawn through the bypass because the 75 sq/ft filter has a flow rate of 75 gallons per minute, and on high the pump draws about 120 gallons per minute. Bypassing about 45 gallons a min.

Coleman has the plumbing diagram of the filter system on there website under purity.

Pump 2 was not mentioned, only "filtering pumps". Most 2nd and 3rd pumps on spas are for jetting and not filtering / water clean up. :)

That's correct

Umm wrong. most tubs foot well intakes are plumbed before the filter.

Yes....some water is filtered and some isn't....just like a whole bunch of other tubs.

I've seen this marketing.

Yes....I am a repair guy/plumber so this is not usefull information to me. But lets not forget when these pumps are used this water, and anything in it, goes directly through the pump/heater. :D

1. Umm wrong. most tubs foot well intakes are plumbed before the filter.

2. Yes....some water is filtered and some isn't....just like a whole bunch of other tubs.

3. I've seen this marketing.

4. Yes....I am a repair guy/plumber so this is not usefull information to me. But lets not forget when these pumps are used this water, and anything in it, goes directly through the pump/heater. :D

1. Take a look at the diagrams below, right or wrong?

2. More water is turned over in 1 hour in a Coleman then a lot of spas.

3. Take a look at an actual Coleman tub, plumbing will be exactly as shown on their website.

4. Have to disagree with ya here, there is no tub on the market that I am aware of that has any pump other then pump#1 or circ pump if installed, pump water through the heater.

We sell Coleman, so... I'm some what familiar with their filtering set up :) .

Also sell D1 and Sundance :) .

IPB Image

IPB Image

1. Take a look at the diagrams below, right or wrong?

2. More water is turned over in 1 hour in a Coleman then a lot of spas.

3. Take a look at an actual Coleman tub, plumbing will be exactly as shown on their website.

4. Have to disagree with ya here, there is no tub on the market that I am aware of that has any pump other then pump#1 or circ pump if installed, pump water through the heater.

We sell Coleman, so... I'm some what familiar with their filtering set up :) .

Also sell D1 and Sundance :) .

IPB Image

IPB Image

The only thing missing is whats inside that Tee on the first picture. Most bypass style tubs have a closed loop during filtration that does not alow any water to come from the footwell suction during filtration. This is acomplished by what we in the plumbing industry call a backflow preventer, it's a spring loaded flap that closes the footwell pickup line during low speed filtration. Coleman puts theres in the bottom of there filter canister, same difference. I've seen them and had them apart so the diagram is more for people who don't have a very high understanding of plumbing. What exactly are we dissagreeing about? I guess I kinda thought we were agreeing. I'm not tied to any brand but service them all. I do have a relationship with a D1 guy though.

I know this is probably a simple question with an even simpler answer, but what does the 'ozoning' do for the spa or water?

Ozone or O3 gas is proven to kill bacteria in a spa it is injected into the water as very small bubbles and used to help sanitize. It's effectivness is questioned as there is no real way to measure it or it's effectiveness in a hot tub environment. But along with a silver ion catridge system (which does the same thing, silver ions kill bacteria) Ozone will work good to back up your primary sanitizer (chlorine, bromine) Between additions of primary sanitizer your ozone and silver will do a good job keeping your water bacteria free. But after useing your tub you must use a primary sanitizer because we add way to much "gunk" for ozone and silver ions to kill.

Maybe someone on here can tell you the technical definition for "gunk" :)

• 3 weeks later...