Directional "eye"

Anka

Please bear with me. I don't know the proper terms for the equipment which is giving me grief and I hope my description will make sense.

We bought a Polaris 65 pool cleaner which works off the um . . . water recirculation outlet (?). Normally, this outlet has a directional 'eye' which can be pointed downward or sideways to direct the flow of water. To utilize the Polaris quick-connect hose end the eye has to be removed and replaced with a universal adaptor. This adaptor has threads on the outside and the eye also has threads on the outside. Never the twain shall come together, I guess.

What I'm wondering is, is there a gadget, a threaded ring, yet another adaptor perhaps, which will let me attach the eye to the outlet when I'm not using the Polaris? Because the problem is, as things are presently, the outlet is just below the water level and it bubbles the water across the surface rather than shooting it below or to the side toward the skimmer basket.

I'm hoping you can visualize the situation because words fail me :)

Thanks for any ideas!

Please bear with me. I don't know the proper terms for the equipment which is giving me grief and I hope my description will make sense.

We bought a Polaris 65 pool cleaner which works off the um . . . water recirculation outlet (?). Normally, this outlet has a directional 'eye' which can be pointed downward or sideways to direct the flow of water. To utilize the Polaris quick-connect hose end the eye has to be removed and replaced with a universal adaptor. This adaptor has threads on the outside and the eye also has threads on the outside. Never the twain shall come together, I guess.

What I'm wondering is, is there a gadget, a threaded ring, yet another adaptor perhaps, which will let me attach the eye to the outlet when I'm not using the Polaris? Because the problem is, as things are presently, the outlet is just below the water level and it bubbles the water across the surface rather than shooting it below or to the side toward the skimmer basket.

I'm hoping you can visualize the situation because words fail me :)

Thanks for any ideas!

What your looking for is a return eyball assembly and any pool store should carry them but they do make two different sizes so if you have any losse parts you can take in with you that will help them match up what ypu need.

What your looking for is a return eyball assembly and any pool store should carry them but they do make two different sizes so if you have any losse parts you can take in with you that will help them match up what ypu need.

It also sounds like you need to raise your water level in the pool.

Yes, I did need to raise the water level and, having done so, the return works much better. It no longer blows bubbles across the water surface.

I also contacted Polaris about the situation with the eyeball fitting. They were very helpful! They have a part called UWF Eyeball Fitting, part #6-511-00, which they're sending me free of charge.

Now all we need is a few warm days to help heat the water.

Yes, I did need to raise the water level and, having done so, the return works much better. It no longer blows bubbles across the water surface.

I also contacted Polaris about the situation with the eyeball fitting. They were very helpful! They have a part called UWF Eyeball Fitting, part #6-511-00, which they're sending me free of charge.

Now all we need is a few warm days to help heat the water.

Well they say summer is on the way :D:D:D