D1 vs Hot Spring

Guest Guest_Roger_*

Guest Guest_Roger_*

About to buy a spa: either a Hot Springs Vista or Grandee OR a D1: Lotus Bay, Sarena Bay or Chairman II. Going to look/wet test the D1's tomorrow.

Wondering what people are actually paying especially on the D1's: I'm seeing local pricing in NC around $12,000, $14,000 and $10,000 for the Lotus/Sarena/Chairman. Wondering how much to safely deal and what I can expect before I cave in and buy the Hot Springs on price alone.

thanks for any input/stories.

Guest Jim Arjuna

I cannot believe those prices for that level of quality!! You really need to take some time and do your research on spa construction and hype.

Have you studied any of the comparison shopping details?

Guest Guest_Roger_*

Thanks Rick for the validation, now the negotiating begins :).

John: I haven't looked at the D1 Californian but it appears to be smaller, less feaures, etc. so the price is probably in line. No doubt they're pricier than other brands so .. buyer behold.

Jim: So you think the D1's are a steal at that price for the quality. Cool, maybe I'll buy two! :). Come on, that info line didn't help a bit. Thanks for the humor though. Ultimately, I'm after factual info and opinions of owners of the D1's that I'm looking at, not in sales slams. From the info, I'll decide who gets the cash.

Any other 'actual' prices paid would be appreciated to help me and others w/ the negotiating. Thanks so much!

Roger, your prices are in line with what is priced in the various markets. The D1 Californian used to be priced where John's quote is, however, they launched a completely remodeled version this year that offers many new features that cost more money. Your prices on the other models are in the ball park.

Guest Jim Arjuna

The D1 spas are way over priced. That is what I mean. You need to take a look in detail at the construction. Lots of glitz, but not much for that price.

You can do better with other brands.

Guest Guest_Roger_*

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh goodness. I went and looked today and I'm pretty sure that Sarena Bay w/ White tub shell is going home with me soon. I found it not that glitzy and full of features. Wet testing it later this week. The Lotus Bay is also gorgeous but for not much more $ - the big one works.

Like most say, we'll spend $30K-$50K on a new car that lasts 3-4 years. And, my dealer is dealing! Something the Hot Springs folks didn't want to really discuss.

Thanks for the input, Jim: I know you don't think they're worth the $ but for me, I'm sold. ...

Guest Guest_Roger_*

John: wow, just looked at the Californian and i like it. I may still go for a larger one but my dealer has this one MSRP at $12,295 and regular price to sell around $9500. If you're seeing them at 7600-8500 range - wow!

I wish I knew your local pricing for the Sarena Bay, the one I'm leaning toward. Let me know if you find out.

Guest Guest_Roger_*

Anyone gotten a 'good' price on a Sarena Bay? So far the 13995 has dropped to 12995 with the D1 steps, cover, etc. and I didn't even really ask. Wondering if I can do better. Going Thursday evening to 'chat' a little more seriously.

Guest Guest_Roger_*

Hey Bob, that posting is going to hurt Dan.. and me. Locally they are asking $11999 for the Lotus and 13999 for the Sarean before negotiating. If you got your Lotus for $10K, well you done real good! I can't wait to get mine delivered, about 3 weeks due to some construction I have to do. ...

HERE IN OHIO THE PRICES ARE $10,000, $12,295, AND $ 8,999 RESPECTIVELY! IT MAY BE THAT THEIR PRICES ARE JUST A BIT MORE BECAUSE REMEMBER THEY ARE BEING SHIPPED ALL THE WAY FROM CALI! I THINK THE PRICES ARE REASONABLE! HOPEFULLY THEY ARE INCLUDING COVER LIFTER, STEP, DELIVERY AND SETUP, AND START UP CHEMICALS! TRY AND SEE IF MAYBE THEY WILL THROW IN A YEARS WORTH OF CHEMICALS OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT! AND YES DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE YOU BUY! I WILL BE HONEST AND TELL YOU I SELL D1 SPAS! I BELEIVE THAT THEY ARE ONE OF THE BEST HOT TUBS OUT THERE! AND MORE AND MORE I BELEIVE THAT BECAUSE I GET PEOPLE IN MY STORE HAVING ALL SORTS OF PROBLEMS AND UNABLE TO GET SOMEONE TO FIX THEM! GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PURCHASE!!

About to buy a spa: either a Hot Springs Vista or Grandee OR a D1: Lotus Bay, Sarena Bay or Chairman II. Going to look/wet test the D1's tomorrow.

Wondering what people are actually paying especially on the D1's: I'm seeing local pricing in NC around $12,000, $14,000 and $10,000 for the Lotus/Sarena/Chairman. Wondering how much to safely deal and what I can expect before I cave in and buy the Hot Springs on price alone.

thanks for any input/stories.

I am so glad that I checked out this forum! We are shopping for a hot tub and were thinking about getting a D1. The prices we were quoted here in Fayetteville (NW) Arkansas are as follows. Sarena Bay- 16,065 Lotus Bay- 14,265 and Chairman II- 12,465 (2006 models). What is going on around here? The next closest place to look at D1 is in Tulsa, OK, a 2.5 hour drive from here. (Looks like it might be worth it)

Thank you to all that have posted here. As you can tell this will be our first hot tub.

P.S. We have already contracted for the deck and will have our hot tub (what ever it is) installed by the second week of November.

[PAMELA, INSTEAD OF TAKING THAT 2.5 HOUR DRIVE TELL THAT DEALER IF HE CANT GO DOWN ON THE PRICE THEN YOU ARE GOING TO GO ON THAT 2.5 HOUR DRIVE! I GUARENTEE HE WILL MATCH THEIR PRICE! AND IF HE DOESNT WELL THEN HIS LOSS!!! MY PERSONAL FAVORITE IS THE LOTUS!!! IT IS THE GREATEST TUB FOR THERAPY! PLUS THE LOOK IS AWESOME! NO OHTERS LIKE IT! GOOD LUCK

quote name=Pamela' date='Sep 30 2005, 04:45 AM' post='1404]

I am so glad that I checked out this forum! We are shopping for a hot tub and were thinking about getting a D1. The prices we were quoted here in Fayetteville (NW) Arkansas are as follows. Sarena Bay- 16,065 Lotus Bay- 14,265 and Chairman II- 12,465 (2006 models). What is going on around here? The next closest place to look at D1 is in Tulsa, OK, a 2.5 hour drive from here. (Looks like it might be worth it)

Thank you to all that have posted here. As you can tell this will be our first hot tub.

P.S. We have already contracted for the deck and will have our hot tub (what ever it is) installed by the second week of November.

The problem with going to Tulsa may be two fold. They may not sell you the spa if dealers get protected territory. If they do sell it to you, what commitment are they going to make to you regarding service. Your local dealer most likely will decline to service a spa purchased outside his/her territory (unless you were to have moved there from another location and brought).