Master Lsx700 Or Sundance Cameo

syracuse911

Ok I have narrowed my purchase down to these two tubs and was looking for any input I can get. Both are 2007 models. My main goal is therapy due to a herniated disk I have in my lower back. I am not able to wet test either of these so im hoping to get a good analysis from some of you. Secondly im curious if the prices im getting are fair.

Master Lsx700 $8900 out the door

Sundance Cameo $10,000

Both include delivery and setup in cost. Niether has a stereo option included.

your paying too much for cameo but thats the tub I would choose, the lsx has a cool seat in it, but Master is the biggest POS company ever...they wouldnt be in business if not for screwing so many people out of thousands and they have no ethics...they build a cheap aluminum frame and claim it to be good...only thing master builds well in my eyes is there swim spa which is a good one actually (I have swam in a few)...why did you narrow down to master or sundance, did you look at hot springs d1 and marquis?

good price for camero without stereo is around 9000, no more then 9500 though

A competitive price for the Cameo is around $9,500. Give or take $500 with the regular options included.

The Optima and Cameo are priced exactly the same when the dealer purchases from Sundance.

I didn't know that....I wonder why the Cameo quote I was given was $1200 less than the Optima then??

Ok I have narrowed my purchase down to these two tubs and was looking for any input I can get. Both are 2007 models. My main goal is therapy due to a herniated disk I have in my lower back. I am not able to wet test either of these so im hoping to get a good analysis from some of you. Secondly im curious if the prices im getting are fair.

Sundance Cameo $10,000

I went and looked at the Hot Springs Vanguard model and I will admit I was quite impressed. I actually decided to go with the Optima from Sundance. Did some wet testing on both models and I honestly felt I was making the right choice with either. Ultimately it felt like the Optima was hitting the right places and putting out a little more power where the Vanguard seem to be concentrating more on the spine. The deciding factor was the salesman at the Sundance store. I told both sales people that I was deciding between these two tubs and purchasing one that day. Right away the woman at the Hot Springs was telling me the Vanguard was supperior to the Optima in so many ways but she obviously didnt know much about the Optima when I started asking what she didnt like about it. First thing she said was the energy use was much greater on the Optima which I dont believe is true. The salesman at the Sundance store was a former employee of Hot Springs and never talked negative about the Vanguard model. He said I honestly wouldnt go wrong on either buy. He immediately talked me away from the Master Spa just like some of you did in here. In the end I am now a proud owner of a Optima and I cant wait until delivery. Cost was just over 10k with all the extras including radio with 3 years of interest free payments.

Sundance Cameo $10,000

I went and looked at the Hot Springs Vanguard model and I will admit I was quite impressed. I actually decided to go with the Optima from Sundance. Did some wet testing on both models and I honestly felt I was making the right choice with either. Ultimately it felt like the Optima was hitting the right places and putting out a little more power where the Vanguard seem to be concentrating more on the spine. The deciding factor was the salesman at the Sundance store. I told both sales people that I was deciding between these two tubs and purchasing one that day. Right away the woman at the Hot Springs was telling me the Vanguard was supperior to the Optima in so many ways but she obviously didnt know much about the Optima when I started asking what she didnt like about it. First thing she said was the energy use was much greater on the Optima which I dont believe is true. The salesman at the Sundance store was a former employee of Hot Springs and never talked negative about the Vanguard model. He said I honestly wouldnt go wrong on either buy. He immediately talked me away from the Master Spa just like some of you did in here. In the end I am now a proud owner of a Optima and I cant wait until delivery. Cost was just over 10k with all the extras including radio with 3 years of interest free payments.

The energy use on the Optima is greater, but not much greater.

The Optima really matches up to the Grandee, not the Vanguard. Its bigger and more powerful, like the Grandee. My favorite spas are the Optima and Grandee, but I do own the Optima.

Its so funny as a sundance salesperson you are told to match the 89" by 89" optima to the 100" by 100" Grandee but no the 87" by 87" Vangaurd. Yes the Sundance is more powerful but the Hotsprings offers so much different jets.

Congrats on your Optima purchase it is one heck of a good tub, I have probably sat in that tub more then anyother tub having owned one for 3 years and worked in a sundance showroom for 5.

Its so funny as a sundance salesperson you are told to match the 89" by 89" optima to the 100" by 100" Grandee but no the 87" by 87" Vangaurd. Yes the Sundance is more powerful but the Hotsprings offers so much different jets.

Congrats on your Optima purchase it is one heck of a good tub, I have probably sat in that tub more then anyother tub having owned one for 3 years and worked in a sundance showroom for 5.

The Grandee is not 100" by 100". I would recommend clarifying that statement.

We could say the same thing about the Sundance guy comparing the Majesta to the Vanguard.

The Grandee is not 100" by 100". I would recommend clarifying that statement.

We could say the same thing about the Sundance guy comparing the Majesta to the Vanguard.

Sundance Optima:

89" x 89" 480 gallons

Pump #1 2.5 hp contin duty

Pump #2 2.5 hp contin duty

Circ pump

HotSpring Grandee:

100" x 91" 500 gallons

Pump #1 2.5 hp contin duty

Pump #2 2.0 hp contin duty

Circ pump

HotSpring Vanguard

87" x 87" 400 gallons

Pump #1 1.65 hp contin duty

Pump #2 1.65 hp contin duty

Circ pump

I still stand by my statement that the Optima matches up to the Grandee. Although the outside dimensions are a little smaller, the inside configuration is such that they are close to the same water capacity compared to the Vanguard which is nearly 100 gallons smaller. BTW, my 2002 Optima measures out at 91" x 91" and at 485 gallons. Also, the dealer I purchased from sells both Sundance and HotSpring spas.

91" included the 1 inch lip that wrapped around the spa.

Who cares how many gallons a spa holds and when your talking Hot springs horsepower doesnt matter, the reason grandee uses bigger pumps, its a bigger spa. Hot springs doesnt try to push people out of the seats, so in actual size I will put the Optima and the Vangaurd heads up. I too used to use the Optima vs Grandee pitch, but in all honesty come on, your talking about one of the nicest biggest spas the industry has seen against a very nice spa, but if you tell me the Optima>Grandee your nuts, but Vangaurd and Optima are close. Maxxus and Grandee are close...horsepower of pumps has no baring over the pressure of the jets in a hot springs because they use so little jets anyway. Only have two good seats in an Optima anyway, mine as well compare it to the Tiger River Sumatran : )

Just so you know Sundance guys and fans and everyone I proudly recommend Sundance but will always defend it to be the third best spa in the industry.

We bought a new 2006 Maxxus hold-over 2 mo ago for $10,000 and that included ND sales tax, cover, lift, stereo, set-up and chemicals. Just tossing out our Sundance price info.....

you stole that tub for 10000...you stole it for 11,000...feel very fortunate...not many people can ever say they got as good of a deal on a tub as you did.

Future sundance buyers...dont ever for a second think a dealer would do this for you unless they so hungry for cash they are blowing out inventory because they have no choice

Who cares how many gallons a spa holds and when your talking Hot springs horsepower doesnt matter, the reason grandee uses bigger pumps, its a bigger spa. Hot springs doesnt try to push people out of the seats, so in actual size I will put the Optima and the Vangaurd heads up. I too used to use the Optima vs Grandee pitch, but in all honesty come on, your talking about one of the nicest biggest spas the industry has seen against a very nice spa, but if you tell me the Optima>Grandee your nuts, but Vangaurd and Optima are close. Maxxus and Grandee are close...horsepower of pumps has no baring over the pressure of the jets in a hot springs because they use so little jets anyway. Only have two good seats in an Optima anyway, mine as well compare it to the Tiger River Sumatran : )

Just so you know Sundance guys and fans and everyone I proudly recommend Sundance but will always defend it to be the third best spa in the industry.

Your statements have no validity. The Maxxus is by far more spa than the Grandee. There is no way you can compare. Maybe the exterior of the Grandee is larger than the Optima, but the interior is very close. As far as therapy goes, thats all a matter or personal preference. I appreciate your opinions, but I think you have drunk too much of the HotSpring Koolaid. I know the Vanguard, I know the Grandee and I know the Optima. They are all great spas, but both manufacturers do an excellent job. Its nice that you recommend Sundance as the third best spa in the industry, but there are others that might see things different. The best for one may be different than the best for another. I follow the posts of a seasoned spa tech on another forum whose knowledge I completely respect. He is independent so works on all spas but is particularly familiar with Sundance/Jacuzzi and HotSpring/Caldera. His opinion is that the 800 series Sundance spas are the finest on the market and that the LCD controller on the Sundance/Jacuzzi spas is the best controller made. I'm not saying he's right and you're wrong, but I'll tell you, his credibility is way up there.

We bought a new 2006 Maxxus hold-over 2 mo ago for $10,000 and that included ND sales tax, cover, lift, stereo, set-up and chemicals. Just tossing out our Sundance price info.....

you stole that tub for 10000...you stole it for 11,000...feel very fortunate...not many people can ever say they got as good of a deal on a tub as you did.

Future sundance buyers...dont ever for a second think a dealer would do this for you unless they so hungry for cash they are blowing out inventory because they have no choice

It's nice to hear we made a good purchase, not a lot of competition in central ND with which to compare. He had ordered it for a buyer who backed out. He was anxious to get it off his floor and off his books. We've had it for 5 wks and have been happy and now I feel even better. Thanks.

I'm not a spa tech, or expert. Just a customer choosing a hot tub. There is NO WAY the Optima comes close to the Grandee in size or anything else. There's really only 1 good seat in the Optima. Less jet power. And talk about size. I'm 6' 2", and in every seat in the Optima, I felt like my knees were in my chest. Very hard to get comfortable, unless I extended my legs over the center thing. At that point, I was floating out of the seat. I've wet tested about 15 models now, from various manufacturers. Most without a lounger. The Optima is near the bottom of my list. I DO think they did a good job with the stereo :) The quality of construction might also be good. But it felt way underpowered to me, with too many small jets. Unless the one I tested was defective, I don't see how anyone would say the Optima has good jet power compared to the other models I've tried (HS Vanguard/Grandee, Caldera Niagra, Coleman 480, Marquis Epic, and 3 D1 models...all had a more powerful feel to me). And that was without the spa guy going around adjusting the jets as I moved from seat to seat. And the Optima is just plain hard to get comfortable in. Just my 2 cents, I guess.

Rod

Tony, being that tall the salesperson should have shown you the cameo, that is the tall person spa. But I completely agree with you, I love Sundance but honestly the Optima has 2 jetted seats and if you put on every jet at one time you dont get very good pressure, not to mention really only one type of feeling to the jets with a back and forth motion.

Funny thing is alot of people on here see me as a sundance basher and hot springs/d1 supporter, in my eyes those are the better built spas. But I think if I was going to buy a hot tub tomorrow I might buy the Cameo only because I love the lounger and accusage seat...and I dont care if anyone else likes there seat but me.