Please Help With Spa Problem. New User!

Kafluke

I just moved into my house in Las Vegas where there was a spa inground outside. At first it would heat up so we called somebody who came out (while I was at work) and spent about 5 minutes with the control panel and inside the hole where the heater and pumps are.

We lost our power after that due to mess up at power company. After we lost our power it wouldn't heat again. Called the spa repair company... same thing. 5 minute fix. I wasn't there again and my wife forgot to ask what they did to fix it.

We have since lost our power again and I can't for the life of me figure out what they did to fix it. They won't tell me over the phone because of course they want to charge me to fix it.

All the pumps are working (at lest I can see both of them spinning)

It doesn't heat and there is not water beging sucked through the filters.

Oh yeah, its a spa builders LX-15

Can someone please tell me what to do?

I just moved into my house in Las Vegas where there was a spa inground outside. At first it would heat up so we called somebody who came out (while I was at work) and spent about 5 minutes with the control panel and inside the hole where the heater and pumps are.

We lost our power after that due to mess up at power company. After we lost our power it wouldn't heat again. Called the spa repair company... same thing. 5 minute fix. I wasn't there again and my wife forgot to ask what they did to fix it.

We have since lost our power again and I can't for the life of me figure out what they did to fix it. They won't tell me over the phone because of course they want to charge me to fix it.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will answer you, but I'm sure there's a Reset button of some sort for the heater. Take a close look to where the heater is located and see if you can locate a reset button. That should take care of things! The same thing happens to us at times. Good luck!

There must be a reset button somewhere in there. Do you have an owner's manual? If not, try to contact the manufacturer and get one.

It sounds like the high limit is kicking out on your heater. The Spa builders LX15 is a digital control and there is not a manual reset on it. If you lose power while the spa is in the process of heating the water that is in the heater will heat up and give the sensor an overheat reading when the spa powers up it wont heat. Another thing that can cause this is if the spa filter is plugged and needs to be cleaned or changed.

To reset the high limit shut the breaker off and leave it off for a couple of minutes and then turn the power back on.

That service guy should have been happy to go over that with your wife. I would be looking for a new service company. Try that out and let us know if it takes care of it.

It sounds like the high limit is kicking out on your heater. The Spa builders LX15 is a digital control and there is not a manual reset on it. If you lose power while the spa is in the process of heating the water that is in the heater will heat up and give the sensor an overheat reading when the spa powers up it wont heat. Another thing that can cause this is if the spa filter is plugged and needs to be cleaned or changed.

To reset the high limit shut the breaker off and leave it off for a couple of minutes and then turn the power back on.

That service guy should have been happy to go over that with your wife. I would be looking for a new service company. Try that out and let us know if it takes care of it.

Well, it turns out it was something very simple. I had to prime the pump. I didn't know how to do that but I got a hold of the service guy and found out what I needed to do. All is working fine now.

Well, it turns out it was something very simple. I had to prime the pump. I didn't know how to do that but I got a hold of the service guy and found out what I needed to do. All is working fine now.

If I understood you correctly from your first post your pumps are in a hole next to the spa. If the pumps are below the water level of the spa they should have no problem maintaining a prime. Im glad you got it going but you shouldnt have to go out and prime it after a power outage.

You may have another issue.