Hot Springs - Words Of Wisdom?

Now just so you guys know, I don't like HS.

If you don't mind me asking, why not?

And I ask this in all sincerity after going back and reading some of your previous posts. You indicate that you like the 100% No-bypass filtration (which HS is the only spa that does this), you like the 24 hr circ pump, you like the wood frame, you like full foam (HS is one of the few that uses closed cell foam exclusively), you've stated the HS will outlast a Coleman 2 to 1, you've stated you've hauled off many 15+ year old HS spas that were in good shape and possibly salvageable. Yet, you say there are better values out there.

If you're going strictly from a point of pricing, there are many, many, many spas out there that cost more than HS. I'm amazed to see the prices Sundance, Jacuzzi, D-1, Marquis spas are charging. They're taking away my bragging rights as being "the most expensive spas made, but the most popular as well." Correction, they're taking away my bragging rights as being "the most expensive spas made." "The most popular spa" part remains true and continues to grow year after year after year.

Terminator

Now dont sugar coat it. Tell us how you really feel. :D

Whats funny is that when someone knocks Hotsprings did you ever notice how its always because they have no jet pressure.

Those 700,000 customers must take a straw with them out to the spa. You know to get some action in the spa.

Whe you are selling a HS, are you sure to tell people that you can't run all the jets at once unless you have half pressure going to them? It just seems misleading to me to put six seats in a spa, and only have half of them running when you turn the pump on. I guess that is fine if there is only a few people using the spa at once.

I'll say that I have personally never had a single one of my customers indicate that it is a problem. We've sold them exclusively for 21 years and have a tremendous referral rate as well as repeat customers.

HotSpring designs their spas for real world use where most of the time there is not going to be 6 people sitting in a spa with every single jet running wide open. Believe me, if this were in any way important to the average spa shopper, they would convert them in a heartbeat if it helped to sell more units. However, more people seem to like the way HotSpring Spas are made than the way everyone else does it, so let the people it's important to buy whatever you're peddling. :)

Terminator

Whe you are selling a HS, are you sure to tell people that you can't run all the jets at once unless you have half pressure going to them? It just seems misleading to me to put six seats in a spa, and only have half of them running when you turn the pump on. I guess that is fine if there is only a few people using the spa at once.

Kreg,

I'm not sure where the venom comes from but rather than tell us what brand you don't like, go ahead and enlighten us as to what you it is you do like.

The amount of flexibility in how you can adjust & customize the jet pressure in a HotSpring is a huge selling point. Trust me, Ive sold hundreds. With the diverter valves in mid position and all the jets on they are more than enough power for good hydrotherapy. If you want to be blown out of the water you can do that also. If you want no jets on in your part of the tub, you've got that too.

Kreg,

I'm not sure where the venom comes from but rather than tell us what brand you don't like, go ahead and enlighten us as to what you it is you do like.

There is no "venom" that you speak of, and I do like HS spas. Was a "Top Gun" many years back. I just think they are way overpriced, and I am giving the folks that read this another side of the story. I do compete with HS in my market, but I wish them no ill-will. If my competitor isn't doing well, chances are I'm not either!

There is no "venom" that you speak of, and I do like HS spas. Was a "Top Gun" many years back. I just think they are way overpriced, and I am giving the folks that read this another side of the story. I do compete with HS in my market, but I wish them no ill-will. If my competitor isn't doing well, chances are I'm not either!

That's three "Top Gunners " on here today that I know of!

It just seemed that way but you're right, there certainly is always another side to the story just as there would be to any claims you made about whatever brand you sell now. I've seen so many people change companies and change tunes. A friend I used to work with for a few years sold against Hot Springs for a long time and then last year she switched over to them. I talked to her for the first time in a while last month and now she loves them and when I jokingly confronted her on her transformation she said "but I didn't know then ....". I used to wonder how they can fall in and out of love so easily but it's a normal thing.

I used to wonder how they can fall in and out of love so easily but it's a normal thing.

It is the nature of the selling business: EVERYONE is selling the best product, unless they're selling something else. You have to believe that what you're selling is the absolute greatest product in the industry. If you don't believe that, you're nothing but a con-artist.

We've been fortunate to sell the same brand for over 20 years with zero regrets. If we were to quit selling this brand, we would probably just close the doors and go sell women's underwear or something like that as I wouldn't have the heart or motivation to try and sell a brand I didn't think was the best. I have a strong distrust towards people who bounce around between brands as they don't seem to believe in anything but the almighty dollar. Some folks are like that, I'm not. More power to them, let them bring their A game and I'll bring mine, and we'll all have a Merry Christmas!

Terminator

You have to believe that what you're selling is the absolute greatest product in the industry. If you don't believe that, you're nothing but a con-artist.

Yup, those are the choices but I'd be more interested in how long the dealer carried the brand than how long the salesperson sold it. Salespeople can come and go for various reasons but when a dealer has been carrying a product for many years that is a really good sign to me.

It is the nature of the selling business: EVERYONE is selling the best product, unless they're selling something else. You have to believe that what you're selling is the absolute greatest product in the industry. If you don't believe that, you're nothing but a con-artist.

Terminator

So why is everyone so down on JA he's only doing this exact same thing.

So why is everyone so down on JA he's only doing this exact same thing.

My only beef with him is that he uses fear as a tool against the easily influenced, which I find unethical. The rants against various companies (one in particular that he is obsessed with) is negative selling, pure and simple. And it's not just him.

Sell your product to the best of your abilities, use all the tools and skills you have, but do it in a positive manner. Otherwise, you come across as nothing more than a shyster, a fraud, and a phoney. But hey, all's fair in love and hot tub sales. Take the high road and you'll always lead the way. Spread false information about your competitors and you'll always be sucking hind tit.

Terminator

I found that many of the dealers I saw over the past year when we were researching tubs would come out wearing shorts/t-shirts,many with tatoo's and just plain un-professional (like this was just one of many jobs on their long resume). I'd guess they can spew just about anything because at that time, being that I knew nothing about spa's I would just say "yea, yea, yea" because I had no clue. Some of the guys would just rub me the wrong way and I'd just walk away and let them talk to the wife.

When my wife called up the HS dealer closest to our house (about 30 miles) the lady (Karen) told her she'd stay late as they closed before we'd be able to make it in. I really was not looking forward to this visit either but I was going along since my wife set it all up and such.

When we arrived she (Karen the dealer) was nice, dressed very professional, had been selling HS for 5 years and seemed very knowledgable. We did our wet test and such...anyway, the HS experience was night/day over any of the other dealers we visited. Even being a cheapskate that I am I didn't have any problem spending the extra $$$ after checking out the HS. I didn't check out every spa model/brand out there, but I feel satisfied with my choice........no regrets.