D1 Sarena Vs. Hs Grandee

Help! Another newbie going for his first tub purchase.

We do a lot of entertaining and therefor I am looking for a larger tub with many features. I live in the greater Springfield MA area and our choices are quite limited in terms of dealers and brands. Really only have HS, D1 and Coleman.

I have narrowed it down to the D1 Sarena Bay and the HS Grandee. Could not wet test either but did wet test the HS vanguard. Seemed a bit underpowered but comfortable. I know that the Grandee is much bigger in size, dry tested it and I think it would fit my needs. D1 dealer told me that the HS line does not allow full operation of all jets at once. True?

Price is about comparable. I was quoted $9,099 on the Grandee and the D1 dealer has a left over '05 Sarena that he will let go for $10,000. Do these prices sound in line? Anyone have experience with the Sarena Bay or Grandee? I could really use your input.

You folks have a fantastic forum! Thanks in advance for the help!! :)

We do a lot of entertaining and therefor I am looking for a larger tub with many features. I live in the greater Springfield MA area and our choices are quite limited in terms of dealers and brands. Really only have HS, D1 and Coleman.

I have narrowed it down to the D1 Sarena Bay and the HS Grandee. Could not wet test either but did wet test the HS vanguard. Seemed a bit underpowered but comfortable. I know that the Grandee is much bigger in size, dry tested it and I think it would fit my needs. D1 dealer told me that the HS line does not allow full operation of all jets at once. True?

Price is about comparable. I was quoted $9,099 on the Grandee and the D1 dealer has a left over '05 Sarena that he will let go for $10,000. Do these prices sound in line? Anyone have experience with the Sarena Bay or Grandee? I could really use your input.

I can speak for the Grandee. That is a good price for it. You can divert the flow so that all of the jets are running but I wouldnt base my decision on that. There are very few times that I have or would want all of the jets in my spa running. When we get in the spa I like a lot of jet action. My wife on the other hand can only take about fifteen minutes and then she wants the jets off where she is sitting to just soak. If I had to have everything on or off one of us would not be happy.

HS grandee great tub, great jets, I find people who have HS spas say they enough power to please all. The price sounds good too.

I agree the grandee is great spa, lots of leg room, true 6-7 seater, double moto massage and a great variety of jets.

The D1 Serena at that price is unbeatable. I just sold one, granted it's an 06, for 16,500. It's the top of D1's lineup and an absolute steal at that price. Dual dynamic massage sequencers, set-up for "bowflex" type work out, eye-watch system, total body hydrotherapy,and not to mention it's a visually stunning work of art. I sell them, however, I'd jump on that deal.

The D1 Serena at that price is unbeatable. I just sold one, granted it's an 06, for 16,500. It's the top of D1's lineup and an absolute steal at that price. Dual dynamic massage sequencers, set-up for "bowflex" type work out, eye-watch system, total body hydrotherapy,and not to mention it's a visually stunning work of art. I sell them, however, I'd jump on that deal.

Serena anyday over that Hotsprings spa. I like that bowflex concept. 16,500 is rather pricey.

Serena bay all the way. I was not impressed with the Hot Springs. My opinion was the same, very week in jet pressure. Its cool if you dont want alot of pressure, but not nearly enough for me. I wasnt a big fan of the moto massage either. The serena was my dream tub but I will have to dream for another day on that one. 10k is a good deal, too good to pass up. The Hs vs D1 serena bay is like comparing a mercedes to a ferrari. The hot springs is still very nice, but come on, its a ferrari!!!!!

Serena bay all the way. I was not impressed with the Hot Springs. My opinion was the same, very week in jet pressure. Its cool if you dont want alot of pressure, but not nearly enough for me. I wasnt a big fan of the moto massage either. The serena was my dream tub but I will have to dream for another day on that one. 10k is a good deal, too good to pass up. The Hs vs D1 serena bay is like comparing a mercedes to a ferrari. The hot springs is still very nice, but come on, its a ferrari!!!!!

I wonder what it would be like fixing that moto thing. Although it does look cool on the commerical.

If you can get a serena for 10k jump all over it.