How Much To Get The Sap Hooked Up

Okay, I have a new spa on order. I have been calling around to get price wuotes on the lectrical hook up. How much should this cost. I have been getting some quotes of over 1000 dollars. way too much and crazy. I need a line to go from my box and into the attic to the other side of the house about 60 ft, downd the wall and over to the tub about 50 ft away. I need the GFCI box, 60 amp 240 line ran. No digging holes or anything like that. Its a brand new home just built in November. I even have an attic ladder in the garage for easy access. What did you pay for the electrical hook up? I have been hearing prices around 4-500 by many but cant find anyone for that. I may have found one person who is suppose to come over tuesday for an estimate. He said it would probably be around 500. What gives???? Where have these electricians come up with 1000 or more. One elctrician was going to charge 4.25 per foot for the line and another was 2.00 per foot. A pretty big difference.

Okay, I have a new spa on order. I have been calling around to get price wuotes on the lectrical hook up. How much should this cost. I have been getting some quotes of over 1000 dollars. way too much and crazy. I need a line to go from my box and into the attic to the other side of the house about 60 ft, downd the wall and over to the tub about 50 ft away. I need the GFCI box, 60 amp 240 line ran. No digging holes or anything like that. Its a brand new home just built in November. I even have an attic ladder in the garage for easy access. What did you pay for the electrical hook up? I have been hearing prices around 4-500 by many but cant find anyone for that. I may have found one person who is suppose to come over tuesday for an estimate. He said it would probably be around 500. What gives???? Where have these electricians come up with 1000 or more. One elctrician was going to charge 4.25 per foot for the line and another was 2.00 per foot. A pretty big difference.

I paid $750 for my electric. I only had to run the cable approximately half the distance you need (50ft or so). No digging here either. Same specifications for GFCI too. I don't think that your prices are too high. I'd be afraid of someone only charging $500. All my quotes were between $700-850. I ultimately went with a guy whom I trust. He's done all the electrical work in my basement, and is reliable. That's why we chose him.

I paid $800 for a job similar to yours (in Memphis - a low cost area). The guy did a first class job and I have no regrets. I had previously been quoted $200-$300 by a guy (sight unseen). I was very suspicious and ignored him. Copper prices are very high - that's why wire is expensive. Some of the wiring is outside my house and how it looks is important to me. It's in paintable conduit that looks great. Good luck, you'll really enjoy your spa.

My total cost was around $500 Cdn (without cost of electrician since we have one in the family) so your quote sounds about right. I have a 50amp GFCI in my breaker box where the electrician had to move a few things around, 60amp outdoor disconnect and then had to run about 40' of 8-3 tech cable. You say you have no digging, but check with local laws. Since my cable was running from my house to the tub, which is about 20' away, my local laws state that the cable must be buried a minimum of 2' deep in non-traffic areas, 3' in traffic areas. I like to make sure everything is done to or above code, saves hassle in the future.

I purchased all the parts for my tub. Pulled all the wires and had everything ready to go for the electrician. I paid $90.00 for the 50A GFCI breaker box. The wire, 6-4awg, was about 2.60/ft. Code in my area mandates I have an outlet close to the sub-panel so that also had to be put in. Had to run a total of about 70ft of wire.

I don't think your prices are unreasonable...pulling that gauge of wire is not easy or fun. Throw in conduit and breaker in service panel you can see how the costs add up.

I purchased all the parts for my tub. Pulled all the wires and had everything ready to go for the electrician. I paid $90.00 for the 50A GFCI breaker box. The wire, 6-4awg, was about 2.60/ft. Code in my area mandates I have an outlet close to the sub-panel so that also had to be put in. Had to run a total of about 70ft of wire.

I don't think your prices are unreasonable...pulling that gauge of wire is not easy or fun. Throw in conduit and breaker in service panel you can see how the costs add up.

On long island the electrician we use charges 550 for GFCI and up to 30' and 6 dollars a foot thereafter

go with the guy you trust the most - its a one time cost "hopefully" my price was 1,000 - but the quotes ranged from 750 - 1200

Beware of going with the lowest bid, I have a customer right now who has had to get the whole job completely redone because the first"qualified electrician" installed everything wrong, so now she's in the hole for about 2Gs.

The price mentioned in the oriugial posting seems reasonable to me; and I'm cheap and did most of mine myself!

The example given requires running a 22ov cable from the main box into the attic (through walls???), through the attic, back down, over-the-river-and-through-the-hills......I estimated more than 150 feet! Thats a lot very heavy gauge wire, which is not cheap, and the heavier the gauge, the harder it is to run!

The price mentioned in the oriugial posting seems reasonable to me; and I'm cheap and did most of mine myself!

The example given requires running a 22ov cable from the main box into the attic (through walls???), through the attic, back down, over-the-river-and-through-the-hills......I estimated more than 150 feet! Thats a lot very heavy gauge wire, which is not cheap, and the heavier the gauge, the harder it is to run!

Well, I just got a quote for $1250, plus the GFCI box, the line has to run through my attic, across my house, down the rafters, so it will be hidden, than down the side of the wall, then about 10 feet undergroun to the Box. How does this sound? The electrician was recommend by the Spa Dealer.

Well, I just got a quote for $1250, plus the GFCI box, the line has to run through my attic, across my house, down the rafters, so it will be hidden, than down the side of the wall, then about 10 feet undergroun to the Box. How does this sound? The electrician was recommend by the Spa Dealer.

The title of this thread is How much to get the "sap" hooked up? I'm sure glad we live in a small town in Ohio.

The title of this thread is How much to get the "sap" hooked up? I'm sure glad we live in a small town in Ohio.

Sounds like you don't pay anything for hookup or very little. You are lucky! :) I forgot to add the number of feet in my original post, it is 100 feet. My post should have read:

Well, I just got a quote for $1250, plus the GFCI box, the line has to run through my attic, across my house, down the rafters, so it will be hidden, than down the side of the wall, then about 10 feet undergroun to the Box; for a total of 100 feet. How does this sound? The electrician was recommend by the Spa Dealer.

Beware the low quote.

He has already done it, it looks great. He did an absolutely great job just as I wanted. He was the one recommended from the dealer. The dealer said that they have been using him for about 5 years with no complaints from customers. I can see why. He came well prepaired, Knew exactly what i needed and was even familiar witht he tub. Clean and nice. I hardly know its there except for the flexible conduit sitting on my patio waiting for a hot tub. He is coming back once the hot tub gets here to do the direct wiring. I thought that it was great so now I dont have to wait for days to get the hot tub hooked up once its here. Most people wanted 2 days notice from when the spa has arrived and not from when I knew it was going to be delivered. I would definately be very carefull of the low bid. I did have a person bid a lower amount but there was no way in he11 that he was going to tough my house.